JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone notice anything interested about this weapon. Dies this even work on this weapon? Would the recoil be too much? Looks like it's glued on

Screenshot_20240427-092200_Chrome.jpg

Does anyone notice anything interested about this weapon. Dies this even work on this weapon? Would the recoil be too much? Looks like it's glued on

View attachment 1870802
I don't even see the usual machined dovetail in the slide…. must be a JB-Weld job or something.

Certainly nothing close but, damn for that price? If it works I can see them selling well. Took a quick look at them on Amazon and they seemed to be getting a lot of good press.
Anything on Amazon is suspect. Amazon has quietly taken the policy of not policing good reviews so many sellers simply buy them. There is no way I would trust anything written on that site that their algorithm bubbles to the top. See if you can find mention of the product elsewhere on the web and see what people think there. I am willing to bet there is a night and day difference.

Anything on Amazon is suspect. Amazon has quietly taken the policy of not policing good reviews so many sellers simply buy them. There is no way I would trust anything written on that site that their algorithm bubbles to the top. See if you can find mention of the product elsewhere on the web and see what people think there. I am willing to bet there is a night and day difference.
That's too bad they have decided to do that. Wife often reads them to make a choice. I tend to almost always just not bother if its something I want as the returns are over the top easy. I sure as hell do NOT like what they do with my money but, several large Co's are like that now. :( I just love how on the rare times I get something that's any kind of problem returning it is free and dead simple. Now if that comes to an end? It would make a HUGE difference in my shopping habits with Jeff.

That's too bad they have decided to do that. Wife often reads them to make a choice. I tend to almost always just not bother if its something I want as the returns are over the top easy. I sure as hell do NOT like what they do with my money but, several large Co's are like that now. :( I just love how on the rare times I get something that's any kind of problem returning it is free and dead simple. Now if that comes to an end? It would make a HUGE difference in my shopping habits with Jeff.
The returns being over-the-top easy are part of what is driving Amazon to the bottom. You have to be pretty much the bottom of the barrel product pusher to be able to afford to eat Amazon's return policy (which they impose on all their vendors, it is no longer a choice). Most higher quality brands are fleeing the platform because the no-questions-asked returns policy is only viable if your profit margins per-unit are huge. If you have a quality product for a reasonable price (and therefor have a reasonable profit margin)? Forggehdaboutit.

This is why you cannot trust anything on Amazon anymore, like fuses that are three times over their rated capacity. Amazon, like AliExpress, has become a cesspit of fake and dangerous products that cannot be trusted to be what they say they are. These sites have become a race to the bottom, and most of the brands on there are a revolving door of shell companies peddling the same bubblegum from a handful of the worst factory garbage produces on the planet. And Amazon does not care as long as they get their cut, which is why they have allowed the fake positive reviews to proliferate; consumers like positive reviews, and if your product has at least some people will buy, and Amazon will still continue to get their cut.

The returns being over-the-top easy are part of what is driving Amazon to the bottom.
My wife and I have both received products that were not what we ordered. They were obviously returned with the original product taken out and replaced with something else.

Just this week, she ordered some shoes and what she got was some old, used ones. They put their old shoes in the box and returned them.

A couple years ago I bought a Dewalt drill. It was replaced with some no-name thing.

Both items were sold and shipped by Amazon, not a 3rd party seller.

Luckily, that same liberal return policy allowed us to replace both items with no issue.

My wife and I have both received products that were not what we ordered. They were obviously returned with the original product taken out and replaced with something else.

Just this week, she ordered some shoes and what she got was some old, used ones. They put their old shoes in the box and returned them.

A couple years ago I bought a Dewalt drill. It was replaced with some no-name thing.

Luckily, that same liberal return policy allowed us to replace both items with no issue.
Wife buys several times a year from their "returned stuff". They often have some product that was returned due to damage at better price. For a good while the way they "graded" the stuff was nice. Lot of the stuff she got looked like it was still brand new. Then last couple times she tried it she was NOT happy. One was new bread machine. Claimed "minor damage". Damn thing was beat to hell but it did work. So she played with it for a bit to make sure she liked it, ordered a new one and sent the other back. That damn machine will probably float back and forth in the system for a good while :s0140:

Wife buys several times a year from their "returned stuff". They often have some product that was returned due to damage at better price. For a good while the way they "graded" the stuff was nice. Lot of the stuff she got looked like it was still brand new. Then last couple times she tried it she was NOT happy. One was new bread machine. Claimed "minor damage". Damn thing was beat to hell but it did work. So she played with it for a bit to make sure she liked it, ordered a new one and sent the other back. That damn machine will probably float back and forth in the system for a good while :s0140:
Yeah, what you are talking about is their Warehouse Deals section. I've bought a couple things from that and have been generally fine. Usually just messed up packaging.

What we bought in the examples above was sold as brand new.

Didn't click, but I'm figuring that is Louis Rossman who tested a bunch of fuses from Amazon. That was eye opening and one of the reasons I don't order that stuff from the anymore. I've noticed a lot of wire that's obviously smaller gauge than what it's sold as too.
Yep, he has some very comprehensive takedowns on their stuff. He is a great resource in general, highly recommended.

Yeah, but now look at it from the supplier perspective; they just ate how much in replacement product and outright stolen merchandise? That kind of business model is only sustainable if your per-unit costs can absorb that kind of shrink (to use the industry term). Sure, you, as a legitimate consumer, got a free replacement item, but it was a replacement of an already cheap item that still has massive margins in order to sustain the expected losses. And then people wonder why such products have literally zero quality control. Quality control costs money, and when you are replacing a product no-questions-asked anyway why bother? The consumer can test it out and if they do not like the results they can try again.

And if that customer does not notice a defect, or cannot be arsed to return it because the time investment is not worth their tiny loss on that individual product? All the better, you saved money on no QC and the consumer is either still happy with a defective product or is so unbothered by it they don't even care. But all this does have a large cumulative cost on consumers, as the cheap garbage must be replaced at an ever increasing rate (often times just outside of return policy limits, which are increasingly being -no hyperbole- scientifically engineered to) and the knock on effects of other destroyed equipment (e.g. by the improperly rated fuses) wind up costing consumers far more in the long term.

And then there is the counter-fraud-fraud (not a typo) aspect of it all, as Amazon refuses to police their vendors and counterfeit brand name goods (often QC rejects off the same assembly lines that produce the genuine article) undermine the price of the official distribution channels. That DeWalt you got off of Amazon may not have actually been purchased from DeWalt, and even DeWalt may not know how to tell the difference, so they in turn add that "shrink" into their own business models when trying to maintain price lists (through factors such as expected warranty RMAs). The knock on effects of all this are truly staggering.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top