JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It kicks worse than my 8 3/8" revolver, straight to the shoulder vs having two wrists and arms to absorb some of the recoil. With a little better weather coming I'm going to try a few loads with a slower burning powder to see what kind of velocity I can achieve safely with those 700grain T Rex bullets. It groups quite well at 50 yards so far with factory 440gr. Hoping that 700's will stabilize in it, they should quite accurately out of my revolver.

Just picked me up a 10.6x25mm German revolver. Looks like I can modify some 44 special brass to work, but I haven't got any of that either.

20220413_201305.jpg

30.03 I've found 1 place that will load it, but on their terms. Which means you pay $3-4/rd now, and when we feel like making it, we will.

I just shoot fire formed 30-06 in mine with light loads. The brass is a little short, but works well after the case forms to the chamber. Then neck size only after that.

I have a couple of Berdan II rifles (what the Russians used before the Mosin) in 10.75x58R. As far as I know, the ammo hasn't been made in 100 years.

30.03 I've found 1 place that will load it, but on their terms. Which means you pay $3-4/rd now, and when we feel like making it, we will.

I just shoot fire formed 30-06 in mine with light loads. The brass is a little short, but works well after the case forms to the chamber. Then neck size only after that.
The cases, minus neck length are the same. The leade of the chamber is a bit different, too. Years ago I passed on a Winchester 1895 in 30-03 concerned that ammo could be a problem.

I shoulda bought it.

The cases, minus neck length are the same. The leade of the chamber is a bit different, too. Years ago I passed on a Winchester 1895 in 30-03 concerned that ammo could be a problem.

I shoulda bought it.
That's exactly what I have, a Win 1895. It was made in 1924 and has been in the family ever since.

That's exactly what I have, a Win 1895. It was made in 1924 and has been in the family ever since.
That's really cool!
Guns of that era really catch my eye. I have an old 1894 Winchester that's been in the family longer than I have, but not as far back as your '95. I also have a Marlin that Dad carried as a teenager manning a Forest Service lookout in 1950. He penciled that underneath the buttplate.
In all fairness, my Winchester is chambered in a nearly unheard of cartridge, 30 WCF.
edit; here's my 1894.
20201003_132335.jpg

i really don't like having ammo for my arms so have mostly refrained from buying anything that is hard to get. But in the day 7.5 Swiss seemed easy as the GP11 was everywhere. Not so much anymore.

6.5 Swede is second but at least a few other countries used this so not as hard to come by. I wouldn't have bought this one but my step-father used one while in the Swedish Army so bought it as a gift for him. He's gone so I got it back. Wish I could have got his pickelhaube helmet too

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top