JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who do you use, trust, method to, search for, find and purchase a low production firearm
( Revolver)
Every time I search online i find something that sold but never for sale.

Auction houses, Brokers,
Not sure if asking a local dealer to help would bear fruit...

Who do you use, trust, method to, search for, find and purchase a low production firearm
( Revolver)

Auction houses, Brokers,
Depends on the specific gun you're looking for and its availability. I don't purchase rare firearms, but I see some on gunbroker. As far as trusted ffl's, go to one of your local shops and have a conversation with the dealer. I'm not fond of big business models like cabelas, sportsmans and the like, but I have a ffl close to home that's a real good guy, so he gets my business. Most dealers have an ear to the ground or at least can put out the word for you to find something specific. They usually have a lot of friends they can ask.

Ron and Doug at guncrafters in salem can put some feelers out for ya. They are pretty good at finding rarer firearms
Cowboy Ron loves my kids, a couple weeks back he had my 5 year old daughter riding the saddle by the door. Thinking she was a city kid but she still had horse hair on her jeans from riding earlier that day. Great guys in there for sure.

Looking for a S&W 327PD older model with the 4" barrel.
One actually just came up on Gunbroker in auction but it's getting priced beyond my desire vs actual value calculation...

I have the .44 version which was less when new in the box

Cowboy Ron loves my kids, a couple weeks back he had my 5 year old daughter riding the saddle by the door. Thinking she was a city kid but she still had horse hair on her jeans from riding earlier that day. Great guys in there for sure.
I try to stop by couple times a month just to bs. Kinda the last shop around that's not all tactical guns and gear.

One actually just came up on Gunbroker in auction but it's getting priced beyond my desire vs actual value calculation...

Out of my own morbid curiosity, why that one and not another 357?

Rare and low production runs only go up from original price though. As the years go by, there's less available and many get wear and tear. I just started peeking around and found a couple still new in box. One is pending sale and the other one sold for $1400. I'm guessing they are only going to get more expensive as the years pass.

( Revolver)

Auction houses, Brokers,
( Revolver)

Auction houses, Brokers,
Check Riverofguns.com. essentially its a search engine for classified ads.

My suggestion is to find an FFL that has a history in that kind of firearm. For example, if I wanted an Olympic style free pistol, I'd probably talk to Neal at gun pro in Springfield as he was an Olympian and almost certainly has contacts. If I wanted a Colt SAA, maybe a guy who regularly participates or used to in cowboy action shoots... If you find the guy who knows the guy, you'll get your gun. There are TONS of guns for sale that aren't advertised.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top