JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't see where it says you have to own the gun, so maybe just having the ammo is enough??
How about a 2.7mm Kolibri and a 4.25mm Lilliput??

Both of them sitting on a dime;
20220225_182848.jpg

Couple of years ago I found a box of .223 WSSM in my ammo locker. Never heard of it, no idea where it came from, no idea what kind of gun even shoots it. But there it was. Traded it off for a bunch of .38 target ammo at a gun show in Chahilis back before Covid hit.

Anyone actually shoots that round, I'd love to hear about it.

221 cub cadet?? doesn't even show up on a google search.

WINNER WINNER
4D2D081A-D8B2-499E-8395-8AA7B26DD670.jpeg
Ok, my mind was off earlier and it's actually called the 221 Cheetah Cub. Here is a pic of it on the right, the left is a 221 Fireball ready to shoot in it and be fire formed. This looks to be made in the early 90's, way before the "short or super short magnum craze". It utilizes the same steep shoulder found on those type of chambering. I have yet to shoot it as I want to go through it thoroughly first. Whoever built this was a perfectionist. Tons of notes, lots of load data, and actual targets with proven groups. Appears to shoot .3 moa consistently. I'll get a pic of the rifle a little later to add to this great thread. I do think think this thing has been shot in almost 30 years, probably when the builder passed away by my guess. I picked up the whole package of everything for less than the cost of the reloading components it came with. I couldn't believe the value.

.43 Spanish and 7.62x45mm Czech come to mind, along with the usual random surplus European military cartridges. I even tried my hand and making and firing a few .44 Webley rounds. 130+ year old revolver, I had to see if it would shoot, of course. :) I like obscure chamberings.

^^Isn't that the truth.

For me, it is 7.7x58 Arisaka. I've never actually fired my Arisaka. Although the way things are going, I may never fire my S&W revolver again either.
You need to drive up to Dundee for an afternoon someday. I have plenty of 7.7 ammo; you'd be welcome to shoot some to try your gun out. I don't sell my reloads but have no problem sharing them.

Ok so the most obscure or odd caliber I've owned was a .230 Ackley short in a Remington 700, yes it was an actual .230 diameter bullet, I had the dies to form my own 70 grain hollow point bullets. Currently my 2 oddballs are a 10.35 millimeter Italian, and a Bodeo revolver to shoot it in, and the other oddball is a 4mm rimfire rifle, the picture is a 22lr round next to the 4mm and the rifle that chambers it 37EF54ED-CF82-4A01-AD24-123E7892B1CB.jpeg CB0F1216-FA1A-4E44-BCD2-216B41BCE656.jpeg CB0F1216-FA1A-4E44-BCD2-216B41BCE656.jpeg

I'm almost surprised nobody has mentioned the 6.8 Western. It's always sitting on store shelves not being purchased every time I look for ammo, so despite its widespread availability I get the impression that rifle must be a rarity to own. For my own behalf, I'm like The Heretic, nothing very obscure. About as close as I get would be 475 Linebaugh, although I do have a 460 Rowland conversion kit in case I ever get a wild hair and want to goof up a 1911.

16" naval rifle..... ok i didn't own it i was 12 yrs old at the time but i sure wanted it. went on boy scout outing to the Gun Plant in Pocatello Idaho. they had the 16 inchers there, they were test firing them on the Arco desert west of Blackfoot prior to the Vietnam war. i could have crawled in there easily but they wouldn't let me. later i saw the USS new jersey in Norfolk Virginia when it was recommissioned in 1968. volunteered for duty on the Jersey but never made it. went to Guam and Vietnam instead.

those 16" rifles were awesome. the Yamato of the Japanese navy BB Yamato had 18" guns i would have liked to see those up close. those sixteens cemented my gun obsession big time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top