JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I am planning on buying a gun, if not today in the next few days. As I am sitting here trying to justify it I keep thinking I have several I should sell and then remember what a huge pain that has turned into.

In the past if I wanted something new most of the time I would sell something. I have a big enough pile of firearms that growing the pile is a bit silly, that does not mean I don't want diffrent things I'm the pile once in a while.

Today thinking about my new purchase it occured to me than since i594 came into effect I have bought 5 new guns and sold none. Since becoming a hassle I've chosen just to leave them sit.

What about you guys? Do you see yourself holding on to more stuff because of i594?

Last Edited:
It is a pita but have sold a couple. It was nice when one local FFL did the 10 dollar transfer. Now I think most charge 20 or more.

Only have one I would really like to sell now as I wittled them down before we were screwed by those lovely voters :rolleyes: But yes have purchased and also built a few lately myself.

Out of all the guns I've owned, I gave a 4" GP100 to the clergyman that presided over my (first) marriage as a gratuity gift, gave a 45LC Black Hawk to a GOOD buddy of mine, and sold a Polytech AKM side-folder to my Brother-in-Law.

I regret doing two (GP100 & the Polytech), and resolved NEVER to let go of another gun from my "pile", so all the UBC's on FTF deals are not an issue for me in that regard.

Now UBC's and me BUYING in a FTF deal.... THAT sucks.

It is a pita but have sold a couple. It was nice when one local FFL did the 10 dollar transfer. Now I think most charge 20 or more.

Only have one I would really like to sell now as I wittled them down before we were screwed by those lovely voters :rolleyes: But yes have purchased and also built a few lately myself.

I've been kicking around ideas for a partnership with a couple WA FFL's, whereby we'd give them advertising and they'd provide our members transfers at cost. Still figuring out the details, but I think it'd be worthwhile.

its an outstanding idea :) Hopefully one up near Seattle would jump on board

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear you think so. I'd like to have one up there, one down here in Clark County, and one or two on the east side somewhere. I haven't talked to any of them yet, so I'm not sure what they'd want in exchange, but I think we could work something out.

Another option is sell the gun on Gunbroker and ship to an FFL. Don't know how that would affect the taxes but if it keeps the state from getting money that is the way I would do it. The whole scheme has been total registration with buyer and seller paying for it so cut the state out of money any way you can.

Plus if I was going to sell an AR I would part it out selling the parts on the net but a stripped receiver on the books. Got to fight the regs or they will keep adding more.

Edited to add, just follow the law.

Last Edited:
That would be amazing. At first it was very annoying to have to meet a guy because his work hours, mine, store hours, call ahead to see of they are free, paperwork, bgc, extra money, dealing with gun shop employees, Etc.

I use SW Washington surplus now they are not annoying, in fact I like going there. Its $20 bucks, they guys are cool, and friendly. I think I can fill out a 4473 in 2 minutes now I'm in and out in 10 minutes wham bam. Not so bad. I don't lime the paperwork involved when I'm buying a gun but I'm already on all watch lists so its not a big deal

"Another option is sell the gun on Gunbroker and ship to an FFL."

I did this with a partial trade on 70's muscle car I'd been searching for.

Worked out fine. I gave him the upper receiver and magazines on the spot and shipped the lower receiver to his FFL. Did a "Buy It Now " listing on GB and sent him a link.
Posted price very high so nobody else would bid.

Yeah kind of a pain but whatever. It's done and all legal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top