JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there an ors that covers disparity of force? I don't recall going over this as is it defending yourself from disability figuratively? I don't recall much on this one. I'll google it.

As far as having a way out, it seems hard to provide proof he didn't. If the judge only looked at the video in the bearing arms news post, then as much as I don't like it, it's not good.
disparity of force is a legal doctrine just like the reasonable man doctrine that will be used to try you in court.

as far as not having a way out ask yourself what would cause a man to not want to take his eyes of his aggressors?

disparity of force is a legal doctrine just like the reasonable man doctrine that will be used to try you in court.

as far as not having a way out ask yourself what would cause a man to not want to take his eyes of his aggressors?
It wouldn't matter if several liberals were the witnesses countering that argument. That's kind of why I assumed he got screwed.

I see what your looking for Koda, I have been waiting for others to respond, but I will go ahead and state it! Mike was doing exactly what is taught in the Military ( and several good CHL classes) To back up, keeping an eye on any potential threats that may materialize out of that crowd, keeping his eyes on the threat, Diminishing or not, while he is seeking to build space and time between him self and those protesters! Also, once he had created space and time, he immediately holstered and continued to back off.
Your absolutely correct, there can be no justice in Portland for Mike, and to be forced to judgment by a biased judge should get the trial thrown out. Where is the Sheriff's office in all this? Oh, that's right, Multnohoma county sheriff is a JackAzz anti 2nd political appointed cop, thus no justice from that quarter ether! This does set presidents, our rights have been removed, it matters not if a gun is even involved , a rock or a stick is now treated the same! You and I no longer have any rights to self preservation.
I want every one to step back and think very hard about this for a bit, WE no longer have any rights to self protection according to the State of Oregon, and our LEO are now compelled to treat any act of self protection as a felony!!! We are now truly lost, there is no longer any justice for the people, Innocent Victims caught out of the blue are now felons for fighting back against any attack! Lie Down and submit to your masters SHEEPLE!!!

This is why I don't go to Portland or Seattle. You just won't get a fare shake if you need to protect yourself. @Ura-Ki said it best you have no rights in these cities. You better have a damn good attorney and a lot of money to pay him if you need to protect yourself or your family.

So....You are laying the blame at the feet of the person that broke mikes arm? or the perp who made a physcle threat to Mike that caused him to dray his side arm? I'm confused here, to whom are you referring to here?

And speaking of "force" and the left, I gather that the guy that knocked out that guy at the airport confessed/bragged of doing the deed on youtube. I haven't heard that he's been prosecuted.
Meanwhile, the victim has mounting hospital bills and probably has permanent brain damage.
yay

Force ... If He Applied Force To The Trigger And Dropped The Main aggressor (hate when my phone randomly capitalizes every word.)

A good attorney would have gotten a Jury trial, as a judge trail is dependent on the judges views completely.
He would have been better off with an extendable baton and smacks to the heads of the aggressors or pepper spray, thats very effective. I was approached walking thru a dark park in SE by 5 men and 3 women who claimed I was in their park, after one guy swung on me I sprayed everyone in one quick cross body motion at head level. Most of them went down or were coughing as I walked away(called the police when I reached home 1block away, when I saw them going to the park I went down to explain and no one was in the park or called about being pepper sprayed). Never saw them in the park again.
Mike would have been charged with much less by spraying a crowd of potential attackers with pepper spray then flashing or brandishing a firearm as he did.
Again why I keep my happy buttocks out of Portland.

true, but in fact there was some suppressed evidence, as well as an un vetted surprise witness. The footage he had of the incident was held by the state, and was not allowed to be entered into evidence, so well, there you go.

WTF!!!! This right here tells the tale of valuable evidence being suppressed by liberal prosecutors & judges!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

One thing I can see from this sickening mess, especially in light of disallowing Strickland's video footage (on "both" occasions?) is the value of live streaming sites.. like Periscope. It'd be impossible to disappear anything that was sent to such a hosting site. And then because it would be common knowledge, I don't think it could/would be stricken from court proceedings.
anyway

Watching the video, one count...Period. No shots fired, no one hurt...Are they going to now put drug dealers sentencing based on per gram seized????

Stupid thing for him to do but 50 years is excessive, tell me the last time a gang banger got 50 years for menacing????

Brutus Out

The lesson I learned from this is:
1. Don't go to places where you know you are placing yourself in danger.
He was carrying 5 extra loaded mags. What was he expecting to encounter and what were his intentions when confronted? I am sure the Judge took this into consideration when she threw the book at him.
He had been attacked before and knew what to expect. Poor judgement on his part to place himself in known danger again. He went looking for trouble because it was his 'right'. Now he is paying the price.
I support his earlier work and articles. They were great. He just used poor judgement and crossed the line this time.
2. If you are a conservative or carry a weapon, be very careful when visiting Portland.
The court system in Multnomah County is not going to be very kind to you. As in, 'you are toast'.

.What was he expecting to encounter and what were his intentions when confronted?.
Thought crimes much? Who knows, it doesn't matter and he was breaking no law by carrying a gun and ammunition.
Wasn't this fella a professional journalist? I don't think you can make much money staying safe at home.

I agree 50 years is excessive. A jury of our peers is the basis of our legal system. I will.support it till something better comes around.

He is not going to get anywhere near 50 years. Where do you guys come up with such bad, grossly distorted information?? Are you not familiar with how Oregon's sentencing guidelines work?

Besides, the court is not planning to sentence him until May. We will know then just how long a term in prison that he will have to serve.

He is not going to get anywhere near 50 years. Where do you guys come up with such bad, grossly distorted information?? Are you not familiar with how Oregon's sentencing guidelines work?

Besides, the court is not planning to sentence him until May. We will know then just how long a term in prison that he will have to serve.

Didn't click but I would assume from the link in the original post. Just spitballin' here.

Though I agree with you the article does indicate he could get 50 years for pointing a gun at a crowd. I suspect he will receive a small portion of that.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top