JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not sorry about the outcome. He went looking for trouble and found it. He could have left at any time instead he chose to continue to ridicule others. It was his choice now he will reap the consequences of that decision.He was found guilty by a jury of his peers.

50 years for not shooting or hurting anyone. First degree manslaughter is only 20 years. he should have shot one of them. I dont care if he was careless, 50 years is basically Portland sending a message to gun owners.

Rioters get released the next morning, gun owners go to jail for life. Cant get out of the city soon enough

I've decided that I no longer need to do any business in Portland, let the commercial business rely on the snowflakes for survival.

I'll keep my conservative cash in my conservative wallet...

Let the protesters have Portland, they deserve it... Let the retailers board up their windows, hire security, close early and whatnot them all shrivel up and close...

My thoughts exactly guys. It's Portland...A no go for gun owners having to go to court.

If that's the only video evidence then it is what it is. He shouldn't have. Nothing was thrown, no knives were mentioned, he didn't appear to be in danger. Would be interesting to see or read other evidence.

I agree 50 years is excessive. A jury of our peers is the basis of our legal system. I will.support it till something better comes around.

When I first read the article I immediately had my own thoughts of conspiracy because...Well, f#$@ Portland. As I said, the evidence says a lot unfortunately. However, the camera shot is on him only. Can't help but be a little curious. Plus I wouldn't put it past a bunch of sjw's to make something up to put a gun guy away.

I don't think this had much to do with Portland jurors, boys - might be they're all a bunch of anti-gunners, but this guy earned his guilty verdict.

What else can you say?

I don't think this had much to do with Portland jurors, boys - might be they're all a bunch of anti-gunners, but this guy earned his guilty verdict.

What else can you say?
That may be true. He went there and made no difference to anyone but himself.

The rest of us stayed home and affected the crowd just as much.

So I guess you gotta leave a few bodies on the street to prove that you actually were fearing for your life? looks that way

You think he was in fear for his life? I think he just wanted an excuse to pull his gun on a bunch of anti-gun "libs" at an anti-gun rally. Seems the jury thought so too.

Not all of "us" gun toters are good guys. Just 'cause a dude happens to have a clean record and no recent psychiatric holds doesn't mean he's virtuous.

I mean, look at who gets hired as police officers...? lolz

You think he was in fear for his life? I think he just wanted an excuse to pull his gun on a bunch of anti-gun "libs" at an anti-gun rally. Seems the jury thought so too.

Not all of "us" gun toters are good guys. Just 'cause a dude happens to have a clean record and no recent psychiatric holds doesn't mean he's virtuous.

I mean, look at who gets hired as police officers...? lolz
Honestly, I've got mixed emotions about what happened to Mike, there was a history of abuse of power during previous protests where his evidenced was removed and possibly destroyed to the favor of the protesting snowflakes...

Not to mention he'd received a beat down in the past because said snowflakes didn't want him recording the truth of what was really going on, on the street.

I don't condone his actions in this case, but he's previously been railroaded by local law enforcement and judicial system... Again there's lots of history there...

In my opinion, this was an opportunity to remove a thorn that has been in the way of the "peaceful protesters"... And he's effectively been removed and made an example of...

Just more reasons to stay away from Portland and not support businesses there...

Nammac, I agree. That's why I was curious about other factors possibly involved.

The sjw's and liberals in Portland I would trust with a grain of salt. Infact I would probably trust a Somalian pirate over one.

This situation, verdict, and subsequent sentence / penalty / fine, what ever it is; has much less to do with gun control than it does the

"journalism, passed activities, statements and views held by Mr. Strickland"

combined with a city who's metropolitan denizens aren't used to being told no and a local political leaning towards poorly thought out, fear based reactions to nearly any situation.. especially one they cannot control through proper channels.

..........if I were to guess......

And I were.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class