JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
50 years for not shooting or hurting anyone. First degree manslaughter is only 20 years. he should have shot one of them. I dont care if he was careless, 50 years is basically Portland sending a message to gun owners.

Rioters get released the next morning, gun owners go to jail for life. Cant get out of the city soon enough

They are using him as an example. Since the NRA and his lawyers let them get away with this, it's a fair warning to what could happen to anyone here. I realize he shouldn't have pulled his weapon, that's a big no no and we all know that, but ask yourself what you would do in a situation where protesters have been known to become violent. I know what I do and have done when backed into a corner and it's not pretty. I'll ask you twice to step back, don't be around looking for a 3rd.....;)

I think you guys don't give Portland enough credit. Yea, the simple majority of Portlanders are anti-gun betards... so your local legislation and representatives are going to suck. But there's still tons of even-tempered, well-reasoned ideologically libertarian people in Portland. Hell, I bet most of NWFA's membership lives in Portland city limits.

Some perspective - it's no secret I am a self-professed "liberal," (progressive-libertarian, far-low/left-center really) and hang out with other liberals of varying X,Y axis, mostly from Portland. I don't think I know a single person who's anti-gun. People I know ignorantly think "reasonable gun controls" are important in our society, but otherwise are all for gun ownership, and most who don't own guns harbor fascination in shooting and "maybe someday" buying their own.

Some perspective - it's no secret I am a self-professed "liberal," (progressive-libertarian, far-low/left-center really) and hang out with other liberals of varying X,Y axis, mostly from Portland. I don't think I know a single person who's anti-gun. People I know ignorantly think "reasonable gun controls" are important in our society, but otherwise are all for gun ownership, and most who don't own guns harbor fascination in shooting and "maybe someday" buying their own.

My dad's a Democrat. I grew up in a liberal home. The interesting thing is when I came out as a Republican and gun lover, it didn't change much of our relationship.

My beef and what led me to be the way I am, is my generation of hypocritical fascism loving trouble makers. I have all the admiration in the world for guys like you and my dad.

Just the liberal utopia slapping gun owners in the face, again on the west coast and there is no chance of stopping it.....

Unless ALL GUN OWNERS rise up and make a stand this will continue unabated.

You think he was in fear for his life? I think he just wanted an excuse to pull his gun on a bunch of anti-gun "libs" at an anti-gun rally. Seems the jury thought so too.

Not all of "us" gun toters are good guys. Just 'cause a dude happens to have a clean record and no recent psychiatric holds doesn't mean he's virtuous.

I mean, look at who gets hired as police officers...? lolz
could not agree more. well said.

"You think he was in fear for his life?"

I DO know that he did, because he called me from jail that night, and explained it to me.
I honestly believe that he did not want to "whip it out", but was compelled to due to the advancing "peaceful" protesters. He was well known after all, for his website, and past experiences.
He spent several months recuperating from a serious injury, inflicted on him by another film maker, and the "LAW" did absolutely nothing to pursue the matter.

I am sure that an appeal is in the works.

If you are sitting there thinking that you would never had reacted the way he did, I suggest to you, that you are not in his shoes, and base your opinion on your own life experience. Not his.

I don't care who you are or what your views are. If you pull a gun on someone (or a crowd of people) without serious threat to your life you deserve to be charged.

Just like dude who flashed his pistol at a NWFA in a road rage incident earlier this week, deserved to be charged.

I DO know that he did, because he called me from jail that night, and explained it to me.
I honestly believe that he did not want to "whip it out", but was compelled to due to the advancing "peaceful" protesters. He was well known after all, for his website, and past experiences.
He spent several months recuperating from a serious injury, inflicted on him by another film maker, and the "LAW" did absolutely nothing to pursue the matter.

If you are sitting there thinking that you would never had reacted the way he did, I suggest to you, that you are not in his shoes, and base your opinion on your own life experience. Not his.
There are those of us that look at the evidence and have our suspicions. I'm sorry for your friend but unless evidence was suppressed and things can be uncovered; it is what it is.

I wish him the best because he's no bad guy in my book.

I don't care who you are or what your views are. If you pull a gun on someone (or a crowd of people) without serious threat to your life you deserve to be charged.

Just like dude who flashed his pistol at a NWFA in a road rage incident earlier this week, deserved to be charged.
I can see that you will have a long and profitable career as a Portland jurist.. because those two incidents are exactly alike.

unless evidence was suppressed and things can be uncovered; it is what it is.

true, but in fact there was some suppressed evidence, as well as an un vetted surprise witness. The footage he had of the incident was held by the state, and was not allowed to be entered into evidence, so well, there you go.

true, but in fact there was some suppressed evidence, as well as an un vetted surprise witness. The footage he had of the incident was held by the state, and was not allowed to be entered into evidence, so well, there you go.
That's interesting, very interesting. I'm not sure what to make of the video held by police and what would make his evidence inadmissible. Is it possible it violated some stupid rules regarding recording others? I do recall Oregon is a sketchy state with audio and video recordings.

None of us know how we would have reacted in his situation, because none of us were there, in that situation - granted. I can tell you that I would have not been in that situation to begin with, and that's really the crux of the whole thing, isn't it?. He went to stir up controversy with an upset mob, got it, then used "self-defense" as an excuse to draw on a bunch of unarmed people who reacted in a predictable manner to his actions.

I'm guessing the jury's reasoning was something along the lines of: A), he went for the purpose of riling people up, knowing very well he was going into a mob-mentality type environment where there would be high likelihood that his ideology wouldn't be well received and B) took a gun and a lot of extra ammo because of it and C) could have just left, instead of pulling his gun when he felt "threatened" and D), this was apparent by the fact that when he retreated, nobody chased him. Including the several times he reholstered, gave TV interviews, then drew again..... apparently thinking he was ... what? "Standing his ground?" If you feel like your life is threatened, and you need to draw a gun to mitigate that threat, and the threat doesn't go away, but you reholster and stick around.... I don't think you feel like your life is threatened.

I have no idea if it was brought up that he owns a Youtube page called "Laughing at Liberals," or that he's got a history of stirring up bubblegum in already tense situations and seems to get off on it (or at least is committed to trying to make a living on it).

This guy's a bubbleguming idiot, and make us all look like idiots for having anything in common with him. I'm glad his pattern of stupidity it halted. The world's a slightly better place for it.

None of us know how we would have reacted in his situation, because none of us were there, in that situation - granted. I can tell you that I would have not been in that situation to begin with, and that's really the crux of the whole thing, isn't it?. He went to stir up controversy with an upset mob, got it, then used "self-defense" as an excuse to draw on a bunch of unarmed people who reacted in a predictable manner to his actions.

I'm guessing the jury's reasoning was something along the lines of: A), he went for the purpose of riling people up, knowing very well he was going into a mob-mentality type environment where there would be high likelihood that his ideology wouldn't be well received and B) took a gun and a lot of extra ammo because of it and C) could have just left, instead of pulling his gun when he felt "threatened" and D), this was apparent by the fact that when he retreated, nobody chased him. Including the several times he reholstered, gave TV interviews, then drew again..... apparently thinking he was ... what? "Standing his ground?" If you feel like your life is threatened, and you need to draw a gun to mitigate that threat, and the threat doesn't go away, but you reholster and stick around.... I don't think you feel like your life is threatened.

I have no idea if it was brought up that he owns a Youtube page called "Laughing at Liberals," or that he's got a history of stirring up bubblegum in already tense situations and seems to get off on it (or at least is committed to trying to make a living on it).

This guy's a bubbleguming idiot, and make us all look like idiots for having anything in common with him. I'm glad his pattern of stupidity it halted. The world's a slightly better place for it.
You're blaming the victim. Exactly like the "red dress" crowd blames the rape victim for wearing a red dress.

I think this guy went looking for trouble and found it, but...there was no justice in then outcome. 100% if the shoe was on the other hand, some liberal social justice warrior went to a Trump Rally and pulled a gun under the same circumstances, they would not be facing 50 years.

Surely this man doesnt deserve the full slurry of charges, and Portland will likely just issue a decade of probation, any decent attorney should be able to get a ton of the charges reduced or dropped, im sure some sad plee bargain (never a bargain) will be agreed apon.
I stay away from Portland when ever possible, I surely dont refuel there, or pay into anything "Portland".
I grew up in Portland, lived their until the early 2000's, when I moved out to the rural countryside and never looked back. I visit friends I grew up with from time to time, pass thru it on the freeways heading through rarely stopping in the inner city areas or downtown ( I hate Downtown Portland)
Lived in NE Portland most of my life, later I moved to SE and Back to NE. I grew up in a different time of portland history, back in the 80s and 90s, I once saw a huge black man walking two white women wearing leashes on Union, back when it was Union. The worst thing the Portland Police and the city did was destroy the Columbia village Apartments, it smeared the gangs across the city as they had to move out of the government housing to other government housing appointed by the city/state. Now Portlanders get to enjoy gunfights in the numbers (streets above 99th) instead of the gang violence being isolated out in north portland and centered in a few troubled projects, its everwhere!

I travel to Portland to eat at Zein hong on Sandy & 52nd and also to Du's Grill which is across the street. My favorite oriental food (Zein Hong) and the best teriyaki chicken (Du's Gril) in Oregon.

I think this guy went looking for trouble and found it

Mike had a very conservative outlook. In his mind (and others), he was exposing the "truth". When the bright light is cast, some people do not like what is revealed.
He didn't have too go very far to "find trouble". It's everywhere.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top