JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm posting this because it's good information. If it turns political it will be removed, so don't let it :)

Concealed means concealed. Nothing wrong with open carry either but is it always helpful in context to the situation at hand?

tbh, without a very compelling reason, I don't see the need to go near these protests - just seems like nothing good can come of it.

rule #2 - Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

If rule #2 checks out, you better be in imminent danger of losing your life.

I believe this article stems from Antifa organizing a protest in Medford to try and remove the giant American flag flying at the local Les Schwab tire store.
The locals got wind of their plans and showed up in force.

the benefits of open carry elude me. If you truly believed that there might be some kind of firefight, why make yourself a target ? The people conspicuously holding guns would be the first I'd shoot. You could argue that the visibility acts as a deterrent- but again if i was a serious threat, intent on violence, a visible deterrant wouldn't deter me. I'd find good cover and try and snipe you from there.

I would also question the real life skills of those open carrying, especially those with rifles should a firefight erupt around a crowd that likely contains a large proportion of un armed civilians, arguably legally protesting. A lot of it seems like big boy dress up.

I believe this article stems from Antifa organizing a protest in Medford to try and remove the giant American flag flying at the local Les Schwab tire store.
what now ? Antifa decided to make their statement, in Medford, by removing the flag from Les Schwab ? Sounds legit.

All those reports of roaming antifa busses headed to more rural/republican areas seem a little suspect, but regardless, they have their intended effect. Fortunately, the folks carrying AR's seem to be aware of what they're doing, and are being responsible about it.

what now ? Antifa decided to make their statement, in Medford, by removing the flag from Les Schwab ? Sounds legit.

many of the twitter and other social media accounts who claim to be antifa, and claim to be headed to small rural communities or suburbs are fake, and just intended to get 2A folks out with their guns. Fortunately, most of those that do seem to be responsible about it.

Unfortunately, some folks are getting a little riled up believing those rumers, and are going on vigilante patrols, looking for the supposed 'antifa busses'...

many of the twitter and other social media accounts who claim to be antifa, and claim to be headed to small rural communities or suburbs are fake, and just intended to get 2A folks out with their guns. Fortunately, most of those that do seem to be responsible about it.

Unfortunately, some folks are getting a little riled up believing those rumers, and are going on vigilante patrols, looking for the supposed 'antifa busses'...

indeed.
If i were a dangerous militant group intent on bringing Medford to a halt and stealing Les's* flag, I would absolutely announce my plans, in advance, to the whole world via Twitter or FB ...

Now, If I were an irresponsible, bored 15 year old who found he could wind up grown men across America into full-tactical-defense mode with just a few hashtags, I would probably find that quite hilarious....

* just to add, I'm a massive fan of Les Schwab and loyal customer , they fixed a faulty stem for free for me and have great customer service-

Last Edited:
Standing there armed is one thing... like these guys standing in front of businesses, etc. Hell, even the Black Panthers marching in Atlanta with rifles....

When you pull a gun, thats a different story. We all remember Michael Strickland who drew his gun to low-ready while being pursued by an angry crowd that recognized him as a conservative, etc.

He got every book possible thrown at him.

Just like he wasnt in trouble until the protesters recognized him.... the DA wasnt interested in any charges until the city realized who he was...... then it was game over for him. Hes lucky hes not sitting in Gitmo the way they treated it.

Bottom line, stay the bubblegum away from those crowds if youre armed. If youre down for a fight, then go up there and do it but dont rely on your gun to get you out of a tight spot at that point. Worst case you will be found on the street with your head smashed in and an empty pistol in your hand.

If youre attacked at home or out and about away from the conflict zones, then its totally different. 'They' want to nail a conservative bad, label you as an agitator and blame every broken window and burnt shop on YOU

Back to the original question- I would worry more about the guns that I can't see, than those I can.

further thoughts- if someone in the crowd lobs a brick at the armed guys- what's their POA ? What if it's a hail of missiles ?
To try and identify, isolate and shoot that person/s in the crowd,? To wade into the mob and try and snatch them ? Fire into the air to disperse the crowd ?
Have they considered their backstop ? ( people standing behind don't equal backstop pefore someone says that..)

I cannot think of any good outcome if someone decides to have a go and it kicks off. There was already one ND. https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article243190136.html

Luckily it wasn't a gunshot amongst a massive protest with lots of other armed men perhaps thinking they were being fired on. Especially as he's wearing what some here would label a more Antifa color scheme....

Reading further through the article to the Coos Bay incident- was that man assuming none of the protestors was carrying? Now, if I'm peacefully protesting and a man is brandishing at me and my family/friends, might I be threatened enough to draw and shoot my own weapon in my defense?

Last Edited:
Past several days, protesters broke windows, stole merchandise, scared the citizens.
At the same time, other towns get trashed in the name of protest.
Locals liking Les and his re-treads, don't want the store trashed.
Locals stand out front at sling-arms, their promise of defense and deterrence displayed for all to see.
(Like folks defending the Lewiston ID Walmart.)
BLM, ANTIFA, MIB, ETC showed up to peacefully protest, were perturbed, offended, and a bit scared at the show of deterrence.
(Had the locals carried concealed, then displayed, that might be considered menacing, threatening.)
Everybody gets to choose their choice. MIB showed up at Lewiston, saw the Wallmart greeters, and exited.
No cross words, no shots fired, only black skivvies soiled.
And Missoula, of all places
Stomper set me straight, changed brandishing to menacing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top