JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a member of OFF. I like what they stand for, they have big Cojones......I like that too. Was Strickland looking for "trouble"?, only he knows the answer to that. I do not personally believe "He got what he deserves", He got a political opinion.........I'm kicking in on his appeals fund.

This.

I'm in full agreement with you and pitched in for his appeal as well.

stay in your house. do not use your 1st amendment if you think what you have to say is unpopular and will hurt someones feelings. If you can't help yourself and you think you have a 1st amendment right, definitely do not exercise you 2nd amendment right by going outside armed. We all know you sang patriotic songs and said the pledge of allegiance to the flag every morning or every week when you were in public school and you think you're in a 'free country' but that means you get things for free if you don't work. Medical, housing, food, phone....

Sorry, Mr. Strickland. Liberty is dormant today (or is it door-mat??)

:(
Hey now. I've got a stack a unloaded 30's (keeps the springs all stretchy,, innernet!) and run a AK hard!
Had it coming.. pass the cheezy balls.
The gall a some people.

So far, I haven't seen any actual evidence that his life was in any serious danger of ending. Some people are saying he was being hit earlier. Maybe that's why he was trying to get away from the crowd at the beginning of the video, but for whatever reason, there doesn't seem to be proof of this.

But if that is the case, then why didn't he draw his weapon when he was being attacked? Why flee only to draw your weapon when you are not being attacked? And, yes, I get that there was a large crowd yelling at him, but they were overwhelmingly yelling at him to leave and that BLM. Not threats on his life. And yes, I get that there were some that threatened him harm and even some who bumped into him in an aggressive manner (after the gun was pulled and put away), but there were also a number of people trying to help him get away and not be harmed. If he wanted to flee the scene to avoid a reasonably valid threat of a non-deadly force, it seemed he could. But instead, he decided to present a clear and legitimate threat of deadly force.

I don't see this applying to the stand your ground laws because he wasn't choosing to apply equal or lesser force to stand his ground against. He seemed to be escalating force.

You can argue that he did that because he didn't have non-lethal options, but that was his choice. This wasn't his first time in a situation like this. He clearly went through the thought process of this being a potentially dangerous situation since he knew to bring a number of mags with him. The only problem that I have with that isn't the mags, but that he didn't bring a non-lethal form of crowd control. It seems to me that that would be a much more likely scenario to go down in a setting like that which would tell me to make that a priority. He went through the thought process of needing to defend himself against a large crowd, but chose to only bring lethal force options.

I'm not saying his lack of a non-lethal option makes him guilty. I'm simply saying that was a big mistake that he made. Anywho, that seems to be my biggest takeaway from this. I'm not sure how useful that will be to me because I wouldn't have been there, but maybe it'll be helpful to someone else. I support his right to enter a situation I wouldn't have given that he saw himself as a reporter documenting news. He has every right to do that. He just dropped the ball leaving out that non-lethal option IMHO.

And I would hope he doesn't get very much time. The maximum sentence he is up against seems like it is being thrown around to stir drama. I think he'll get much less than that and serve even less than even that.

Last Edited:
A Portland judge just made it illegal for you to pull your firearm if confronted and attacked by multiple people carrying sticks, wearing masks and who admitted in court they were planning on "taking him out".. Please pass this along, donate for an appeal if you can, just do something. This is so wrong...watch the videos in the link, you decide.....

cleardot.gif
Vendetta

Oregon courts just set a precedent that you can not withdraw your weapon to meet a threat (black lives matter crowd attacking you) without the threat of 50 yrs in prison. Publicity please, donations for an appeal if you can, but please stop these leftist judges

A Portland judge just made it illegal for you to pull your firearm if confronted and attacked by multiple people carrying sticks, wearing masks and who admitted in court they were planning on "taking him out".. Please pass this along, donate for an appeal if you can, just do something. This is so wrong...watch the videos in the link, you decide.....

View attachment 342658
Vendetta

Oregon courts just set a precedent that you can not withdraw your weapon to meet a threat (black lives matter crowd attacking you) without the threat of 50 yrs in prison. Publicity please, donations for an appeal if you can, but please stop these leftist judges
Pfft, that only applies to Conservatives and Libertarians. :rolleyes:
Seriously, I remember seeing the video of the attack and he looked justified to me. I'm tempted to donate to his defense fund. I'll have to look into it further.

I am not sorry about the outcome. He went looking for trouble and found it. He could have left at any time instead he chose to continue to ridicule others. It was his choice now he will reap the consequences of that decision.He was found guilty by a jury of his peers.
But he didn't have a jury trial...

You don't like a judges decision you can always apeal it. I am not a lawyer
Yes we should all just cower under our beds and let these bubblegums do what ever they want....
They have every right to protest thier position regardless of wether any of us like what they think. It is an American process and a right.

A jury of our peers is the basis of our legal system.

Or at least, it's a pretty good fig leaf for tyranny.

This whole business about brandishing is bogus, particularly when the guy arguably did fear for his life (just because you might not agree, does not mean HE didn't feel that way - he was there, you were looking at doctored evidence). Let's face it, brandishing means "someone was a little scared" (and yes I've had a gun pointed at me). No actual harm was done. 50 years for that? "Cruel and unusual punishment".

The "crime" of brandishing is one of those examples of "common sense gun control", except like all gun control there is no common sense in it. Why are some here acting as if gun control makes sense?

These are the sorts of events that give rise to revolutions, because ordinary people figure they can't get a fair shake any more. That is deadly. In the middle of war, looking back at such events, people are going to think "Maybe it was a bad idea to throw this guy in jail after all."

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top