JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont want my own country spying on me none the less a foreign power. The problem is that a lot of people accept that - how many people use Tik Tok in this country while accepting its gathering information. How about the Alexa app. China is not the only one spying currently. China is not doing anything unique - maybe using different tools but the outcomes the same.
TicTok is somewhat unique in that they do not care about regulatory oversight.

Companies like Google, Amazon and Microsoft gather as much data as they can, right up to (and sometimes just over) the legal limits in the countries they operate in. They still (mostly) follow disclosure laws when they resell your data, but mostly they just use it to build proprietary profiles that they then use to sell targeted advertising for top dollar (and keeping all the juiciest data on you to themselves so that other advertising platforms cannot compete with them).

I do not like this at all, but at least I have a somewhat clear idea of what is going on, how my data is being used and who is likely using it.

TicTok, on the other hand hovers up everything it can see on your device regardless of regulatory limitations. Do you bank on a device you have TicTok installed on? Congratulations, TicTok has your banking information. And not just who and how you bank, bunt also likely account numbers and login data. TicTok is malware, plain and simple, and it does no matter how often they get slapped by other contries regulators, they just move whatever the problem service is to Chinese servers and carry on. Do you remember when TicTok got slammed by U.S. regulators for "leaking TicToc U.S. data back to (the supposedly separate) operations in TicToc China? You know, the scandal that almost got it banned from the U.S. entirely? Yeah, they are still doing that. And they are still doing full scans of phones, copying interesting looking files to TicTok data servers for later review. They are operating in ways our big tech giant wish they could operate in, and doing it with full CCP support.

And what do they do with that data? Well there is at least some evidence that they straight up sell it to the highest bidder on the black market. Not even joking, there have been data leaks discovers on data broker sights that look like dumps from TicTok user profiles, but cleaned up so as to retain the juiciest information, and only from users of specific contries. That is. . . not really the MO of data brokers who have hacked a system, and there is other evidence that indicates this may be official data leaks deliberately designed to harm economic activity in places the CCP finds "problematic".

The moral here is even if you are OK with data harvesting, DON'T USE TICTOK, it is not just run of the mill data harvesting (as bad as that is) it is straight up malicious and abides by absolutely no data protection or consumer laws whatsoever.

TicTok is somewhat unique in that they do not care about regulatory oversight.

Companies like Google, Amazon and Microsoft gather as much data as they can, right up to (and sometimes just over) the legal limits in the countries they operate in. They still (mostly) follow disclosure laws when they resell your data, but mostly they just use it to build proprietary profiles that they then use to sell targeted advertising for top dollar (and keeping all the juiciest data on you to themselves so that other advertising platforms cannot compete with them).

I do not like this at all, but at least I have a somewhat clear idea of what is going on, how my data is being used and who is likely using it.

TicTok, on the other hand hovers up everything it can see on your device regardless of regulatory limitations. Do you bank on a device you have TicTok installed on? Congratulations, TicTok has your banking information. And not just who and how you bank, bunt also likely account numbers and login data. TicTok is malware, plain and simple, and it does no matter how often they get slapped by other contries regulators, they just move whatever the problem service is to Chinese servers and carry on. Do you remember when TicTok got slammed by U.S. regulators for "leaking TicToc U.S. data back to (the supposedly separate) operations in TicToc China? You know, the scandal that almost got it banned from the U.S. entirely? Yeah, they are still doing that. And they are still doing full scans of phones, copying interesting looking files to TicTok data servers for later review. They are operating in ways our big tech giant wish they could operate in, and doing it with full CCP support.

And what do they do with that data? Well there is at least some evidence that they straight up sell it to the highest bidder on the black market. Not even joking, there have been data leaks discovers on data broker sights that look like dumps from TicTok user profiles, but cleaned up so as to retain the juiciest information, and only from users of specific contries. That is. . . not really the MO of data brokers who have hacked a system, and there is other evidence that indicates this may be official data leaks deliberately designed to harm economic activity in places the CCP finds "problematic".

The moral here is even if you are OK with data harvesting, DON'T USE TICTOK, it is not just run of the mill data harvesting (as bad as that is) it is straight up malicious and abides by absolutely no data protection or consumer laws whatsoever.
I don't use ticktock. I did back when you could get the orange ones but now all I see in the store are green or white ones.

82F45386-7D1F-45B4-91FD-1C81D51B7504.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR