JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a little food for thought. Since this suit is supposed to be all encompassing.... I don't remember seeing the shooters parents, relatives, friends or classmates listed. Some where obviously negligent to recognize the shooter was a threat, or, failed to act on it, report it, or otherwise seek assistance/intervention prior to the shooting.

Aren't they at least more at fault than DD or the FFL?? :s0155:

I believe the police chief has been fired. If so, the city isn't responsible for his legal costs. They are still responsible for lawsuits against the department and city, just not for him personally.

Actually, l am NOT talking about 2 different situations when it comes to victims aka citizens and DERELICTION OF DUTY when it comes to people in power or in powerful positions in America's society.

But I can't GO there due to the rules.

So I will agree to disagree with you since I can't give COMPLETE DETAILS and veer off where they Should be and are NOT held accountable for their ACTIONS or lack of action when it comes to a sane and SAFE society for the public in general. NOT just in a school setting.

Cate
As I said, I don't disgree with you on any of that. Just that a politician abusing his office is naturally going to be handled differently than someone, or group of someones, directly responsible for deaths of children.

We persue charges and suits against murderers much more vigorously than we do a group of people voting to pass an uncontitutional law.;).

Because we don't persue the politicians as vigorously though shouldn't mean that we shouldn't charge or sue those who commit crimes vigorously either... I guess was my point.

Anyway.... :)

I believe the police chief has been fired. If so, the city isn't responsible for his legal costs. They are still responsible for lawsuits against the department and city, just not for him personally.
YUP!! He was just fired last night by unanimous vote. Shocker there, hu?🤣

They also decided he isn't entitled to any backpay since he's been on admin leave (July 19th).

I guess he wasn't present for the termination hearing, stating fear for his safety, but his attorney gave them a 17 page statement. Part of it read:

"Chief Arredondo will not participate in his own illegal and unconstitutional public lynching and respectfully requests the Board immediately reinstate him, with all backpay and benefits and close the complaint as unfounded,"

SEEEeeee ya! Don't let the doorknob getcha! :s0155:

Last Edited:
The problem? Not one single person who made the piss poor choices pays a dime. The real people who pay are the tax payers who fork over the money.
Something I wondered about when I read this:

"...the civil rights lawsuit will list law enforcement including Uvalde Schools Police Chief Pete Arredondo, city police, sheriffs, Texas Rangers, "border patrol" and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) as defendants, the outlet reported. Bonner added the yet to finalized suit will also implicate the school board, City of Uvalde and the city council, as well Daniel Defense, manufacturer of the gunman's weapon in the shooting, and the Oasis Outback store where he bought it.."

Let's say the suit is successful and the jury awards damages. Since you have multiple defendants including individuals, a couple of businesses, and numerous agencies of government at the local, state, and national level, how is it determined how much each defendant will pay? Is this something the judge decides? The all have different ability to pay. Are they all equally culpable? Could defendants each file separate appeals? Would a successful appeal by one or more of the defendants change how much damages are apportioned to the other defendants? This sounds like a mess that could take decades to be resolved.

Something I wondered about when I read this:

"...the civil rights lawsuit will list law enforcement including Uvalde Schools Police Chief Pete Arredondo, city police, sheriffs, Texas Rangers, "border patrol" and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) as defendants, the outlet reported. Bonner added the yet to finalized suit will also implicate the school board, City of Uvalde and the city council, as well Daniel Defense, manufacturer of the gunman's weapon in the shooting, and the Oasis Outback store where he bought it.."

Let's say the suit is successful and the jury awards damages. Since you have multiple defendants including individuals, a couple of businesses, and numerous agencies of government at the local, state, and national level, how is it determined how much each defendant will pay? Is this something the judge decides? The all have different ability to pay. Are they all equally culpable? Could defendants each file separate appeals? Would a successful appeal by one or more of the defendants change how much damages are apportioned to the other defendants? This sounds like a mess that could take decades to be resolved.
Sadly yes it will as I mentioned earlier this mess will keep some lawyers busy for years to come. NOT ONE individual will pay a dime. ALL money paid will come from insurance, which is paid by the tax payer's. The people who underwrite the agencies will "settle", pay one time. Then drop the clients or increase the rate. Bottom line is tax payers will foot 100% of this bill. Always has been this way and doubt it will ever change sadly. So far the one guy has been fired. He is playing victim. He will of course sue and be given a settlement to go away too. He will find another job and never pay a dime for this. Its the way this is done. 🤬

This sounds like a mess that could take decades to be resolved.
For some of them, yes. For others, it's likely they will be dismissed from the suit. There is criteria that must be met in order to name a defendant in a suit case. Basically, that they have an immediate interest and can be reasonably argued to have directly contributed to the injury or damages of the victim/s.

In a reasonable world... I would imagine that defendants like DD and Oasis Outback could immedately argue that they do not meet the criteria to be named as defendants and would be dismissed by a judge from the suit.

Unfortunately, we don't exactly live in reasonable times so there is no telling exactly what's going to happen.

I would bet this is the most likely outcome. And the lawyers, who will take 30% of the settlements, are probably counting on it.
Yes sadly they know this is the outcome. They know if they let this get to a jury god only knows how much it would cost. So they will do a lot of back and forth, a number will be settled on. Lawyers will take a HUGE bite, tax payers will take in in the shorts.

Yes sadly they know this is the outcome. They know if they let this get to a jury god only knows how much it would cost. So they will do a lot of back and forth, a number will be settled on. Lawyers will take a HUGE bite, tax payers will take in in the shorts.
Most of the defendants though there are liability caps in place that will limit how much they can actually be paid, no matter how high the judgement amount is.

The ones that concern me most are DD and Oasis. Their liabilities amounts aren't capped, as far as I know. Then again, they certainly aren't guilty of anything and it really shouldn't be difficult for them to have their names removed as defendants. "Legally", anyway. A woke-tard judge... he won't care about what's "legal", anyway... so no telling.

As I said, I don't disgree with you on any of that. Just that a politician abusing his office is naturally going to be handled differently than someone, or group of someones, directly responsible for deaths of children.

We persue charges and suits against murderers much more vigorously than we do a group of people voting to pass an uncontitutional law.;).

Because we don't persue the politicians as vigorously though shouldn't mean that we shouldn't charge or sue those who commit crimes vigorously either... I guess was my point.

Anyway.... :)
Actually, without going OFF into a subject where it will get this thread shut down or a BAN according to the rules of the forum... you still do NOT get or understand my POINT about people in power, politicians, other PROVEN CRIMINAL DIRT BAGS, ETC.

YOU STATED... bla and bla about the DEATHS OF CHILDREN in your post.

Well, there are a LOT of deaths of children, teens, young, middle aged and OLD ADULTS when it comes to a SYSTEM and holding people IN POWER for doing their duty as THEIR FREAKING JOB. IT DOES NOT ONLY INVOLVE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS!

Now, it is called DERELICTION OF DUTY and/or a crime (Depends on the INDIVIDUAL CASE.) and all kinds of people can be held accountable for those words from politicians, thieves, murderers, LAWYERS, people who attack other people aka criminals and the attack has nothing to do with self defense, etc.

YET, the system - LIBERAL SJW suck ups in juries, LOW IQ PEOPLE aka stupid people, tainted news in some towns/states, and judges along with MAJOR INFLUENCES all contributing to letting the criminal and/or murderer get OFF EASY if at all.

I can't LIST ALL OF THE CASES but trust me, THIS BS IS VERY POPULAR OUT WEST.

It happens all across this nation but I have seen a LOT OF STUPIDITY out here or it is the TIMES that we are living in within the LAST 20 PLUS YEARS!

Example: The illegal alien who MURDERED the young woman in CA and MANY OTHER HARD CORE MURDERERS including in my own state of Montana, for now, where they - a nice family and/or NON citizen/one man MURDERED innocent people who stopped to help HIM out and in other cases = they shot, cut up and put the YOUNG WOMAN IN A VAT OF ACID... look it up right in THIS college town.

IT INVOLVED HARD CORE KILLERS/MURDERERS AND DRUG = MONEY DEALS. She was found in a basement IN A VAT OF ACID and a young woman/criminal made a PLEA DEAL and her man/partner - the other MURDERER did not.

The non citizen SHOT 3 PEOPLE who stopped to help him (MT rural area.) by being NICE and the parents died and their daughter fled but got shot - she did not die.

THERE ARE TONS OF THESE EXAMPLES OUT THERE IN LA LA LAND.

And lo and behold, some man and in other REAL LIFE cases where someone defended their home, wife/partner and BABY get thrown in jail for life, with NO trial moved to another county and a HUGE amount of disinformation and NEWS with connected politicians that it READS LIKE A BLOOPING NOVEL on what happened!

UH HUH!

I can't keep responding to you about THIS because it is NOT JUST ABOUT children in a SCHOOL SETTING or school shootings.

IT involves ALL OF IT and the 'system' and what IS ALLOWED TO GO ON in a society that is totally BROKEN DOWN because ELECTED PEOPLE and PEOPLE IN POWER, ELECTED OR NOT, WILL TWIST THE KNIFE IN YOUR VICTIMS SO THAT THEY DIE/BLEED OUT WHILE THEY GIVE SOME FREAKING BS CON ARTIST OF A CRIMINAL A PASS OR LET THEM OUT EARLY OR HAVE SOME OTHER EXCUSE FOR THE DIRT BAG'S EFFING 'REASONS' instead of holding him or her accountable for MURDER and destruction of people's lives, properties, professions, reputations, etc. = big time!

I believe in the death penalty with a fair and speedy trial. Etc. I am NOT saying it all now due to the RULES.

I believe that a VICTIM should be able to get JUSTICE.

I believe that there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between a VICTIM and the perp/criminal/murderer/thief/etc. and it is a SHAME that the POWERFUL PEOPLE and the FREAKS IN SOCIETY ARE TOO STUPID and/or CROOKED TO DO THEIR EFFING JOBS.

Cate

PS: I am done explaining this ISSUE when it comes to CRIME, holding people accountable for DERELICTION OF DUTY, LAWSUITS, locking people UP, the death penalty, etc. and will not respond any longer in this thread.

IT is a freaking record playing over and over again.

Cate

Gun manufacturer, FFL named as defendants, along with a slew of other organizations, individuals, and agencies. Actually, only 1 guy is responsible, and he doesn't appear to be a defendant.

ETA: Oh wait, I forgot. He's dead, isn't he?

Lefty bs. SCOTUS ruled years ago that Leo's have no legal obligation to protect anyone.

Gun manufacturer, FFL named as defendants, along with a slew of other organizations, individuals, and agencies. Actually, only 1 guy is responsible, and he doesn't appear to be a defendant.

"A California-based civil rights attorney…"

That's all I had to read.

"A California-based civil rights attorney…"

That's all I had to read.
Not going anywhere. SCOTUS already ruled that Leo's are not required to to protect anyone. And ruled manufacturers are not liable for misuse of products. Just imagine car manufacturers being liable for a crazy person using a stolen car to kill people. California has a bunch of gay lawyers running around playing stupid because stupid people pay there way. They never win.

Most of the defendants though there are liability caps in place that will limit how much they can actually be paid, no matter how high the judgement amount is.

The ones that concern me most are DD and Oasis. Their liabilities amounts aren't capped, as far as I know. Then again, they certainly aren't guilty of anything and it really shouldn't be difficult for them to have their names removed as defendants. "Legally", anyway. A woke-tard judge... he won't care about what's "legal", anyway... so no telling.
The lawyers play this game to get cash. For every one who is eventually dropped it did not happen for free. They had to hire other lawyers to fight them off it. ALL this is also paid for by the tax payers. It is amazing how few people realize all this money that changes hands ALL comes from tax payers. Often places sued will just offer cash to settle even if they "should" clearly win. The problem with "wining" is its not free. So often places pay rather than roll the dice or offer an amount that is cheaper than it is to win. Any Gov agencies in this only get their money from one source. They do not sell anything. Only money they have comes from tax payers. When Business pays out they just fold this into the cost of doing business. So again they do not pay. Sadly this is what people keep saying they want. :s0092:

Not going anywhere. SCOTUS already ruled that Leo's are not required to to protect anyone. And ruled manufacturers are not liable for misuse of products. Just imagine car manufacturers being liable for a crazy person using a stolen car to kill people. California has a bunch of gay lawyers running around playing stupid because stupid people pay there way. They never win.
While that sounds good how many firearm manufacturer's have paid out over these kind of actions? There is what "should be" and what "really happens". People seem to quickly forget each pay out. Not to mention every time some manufacturer is sued its FAR from free to "win". :(

SCOTUS already said you can't sue gun manufacturers unless you can prove they did something wrong. If you can't then you pay their court costs. Chicago an NY already got bit on that one. Lefties don't mind losing tax money to pay their bills. Need a new law where lefties are personally accountable for their own blunders.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top