JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I LOVE, hearing the descendants of Immigrants talk bubblegum about the new immigrants looking for a better life JUST like their ancestors chose to do! Makes me marvel at how ignorance can thrive in this world of information, information that's free and out there if only people would choose to enlighten themselves! Cuz gentlemen unless you're a Native American… you're an immigrant!

I LOVE, hearing the descendants of Immigrants talk bubblegum about the new immigrants looking for a better life JUST like their ancestors chose to do! Makes me marvel at how ignorance can thrive in this world of information, information that's free and out there if only people would choose to enlighten themselves! Cuz gentlemen unless you're a Native American… you're an immigrant!
Not entirely correct, a lot of scientists believe in the land bridge theory that humans crossed that once connected modern day Russia and Alaska, so the American Indians ancestors "immigrated" here too.

I think one of the biggest difference is the welfare state. If you go back 100, 200, 300, 400 years etc, you actually had to provide for yourself once you got here. Now, someone can come here and get the state (tax payers) to provide food, housing, internet, medical and a phone. I'd imagine if you removed these handouts, a tremendous amount of immigration here simply wouldn't take place.

Most of us here have no problem with LEGAL immigrants who respect the Rule of Law, play by the rules and follow the process. Border-jumping invaders... well, it's a safe bet that once somebody breaks one law it only gets easier to break more down the line.

As an old Indian chief is attributed to have once said, "Be careful with your immigration laws... we were lax with ours."

All true, for me I think about how freaking awful their home situations are, that you would risk a long dangerous journey, with nothing, starving really, all for a chance to come pick our food, clean our homes, feed us at restaurants, all with the daily threat of jail and deportation right back where they started from…. Courage like that… kinda American isn't it???

All true, for me I think about how freaking awful their home situations are, that you would risk a long dangerous journey, with nothing, starving really, all for a chance to come pick our food, clean our homes, feed us at restaurants, all with the daily threat of jail and deportation right back where they started from…. Courage like that… kinda American isn't it???
There's a workers visa program.

I'm not opposed to the idea of reworking the numbers and the process for Legal Entry... but before we can even CONSIDER it we need to get our own house in order first. Border security, election integrity, deal with those already here, and once that's done and we've achieved full employment for our own THEN we can talk about letting more in.

Bear in mind, I say this AS someone who has a foreign-national Significant Other.

There is also the legal path to citizenship!
Admittedly, a long, expensive, and needlessly complicated situation, BUT, it's what we have, and there are reasons it works the way it does!
Could it be simplified, made less expensive, and available to more, sure, but somebody needs to take up the reigns on those things for it to happen!
My bride came here legally, and it cost us over $5,000 in administrative fee's and such, then there was the travel expenses, three trips worth, the first two were to San Frisco, and the final where she swore her oath after taking her test, was in Houston, as the San Fran branch and Seattle Branch had been closed, making New York the only other immigration center to process new citizenships!

We all feel the same here, nobody wants to see what's happening go down, but were stuck with it until we get the damn wall built, and those countries get their acts together. We are not the worlds clearing house for the mass's, we have many other worries of our own, and it's time this country stood up and took meaningful action to STOP the illegal crossings, let alone all the other things that come with them! I respect your compassioned post, but lets put things in perspective where they show the honest truth of things from all sides, and lets work to do something positive about it!

I wonder.......

IF China was on our southern border.........do you think that we'd be so accommodating to illegal immigration?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Illegal Immigration.

I figure it more a case of this.
Now, someone can come here and get the state (tax payers) to provide food, housing, internet, medical and a phone. I'd imagine if you removed these handouts, a tremendous amount of immigration here simply wouldn't take place.
And NOT this.
IMHO.....the motivation of FREE STUFF is the biggest factor. And of course.....if the rival gangs are after you.....why not hide in the USA?

Aloha, Mark

Illegal Immigration.

I figure it more a case of this.

And NOT this.

IMHO.....the motivation of FREE STUFF is the biggest factor. And of course.....if the rival gangs are after you.....why not hide in the USA?

Aloha, Mark
My mom gave a football teammate's mom a ride home (more than a decade ago) she was a recent immigrant and she commented on how she loved America because as soon as she moved here she had better everything (housing, food, transportation credits, medical, etc) given to her for "free" just for coming here. My mom explained how that was actually the reason why some Americans are bitter about the situation, because they work hard and pay taxes and are basically paying for other people to have as nice or better things and care to simply exist.

Don't even get me started on how our welfare system incentivizes welfare queens with 6 kids from 6 different guys.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top