JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps they state was under the impression that they were going to trial in June so the TRO hearing wouldn't be necessary?
That's possible. I'm sure the judge is fully aware of what's going on in the legislature and the fed case and knew June was the earliest the state could have any hope of being ready to implement(?) By the states own volition pushing it out even further, their choice, Raschio is perfectly fine letting them stew in their own juices under his TRO longer without a chance of reprive(?)

He's pretty sharp and seeing how he's handled the other hearings it seemed pretty obvious he went in pretty much already knowing how he was going to rule. If that's true... it probably makes no difference to him... june... september... the result is going to be the same, anyway(?)

Doesn't September put it beyond the end of the legislative session and keep those dickheads from back-dooring something after he has made his ruling??

Doesn't September put it beyond the end of the legislative session and keep those dickheads from back-dooring something after he has made his ruling??
Sine Die, or end of session is 25 June. That doesn't mean they can't hold an emergency session, but I'm pretty sure SB 3511 and the other gut and stuff bills will be polished and ready to go long before then.

So the permit to purchase trial/test/rollout won't happen until at least September 2023? Magazine ban still isn't in effect until at least September as well? Pretty confusing for a simple guy that's a mechanic for a living.
Implementation of 114 is still on hold because of the State Circuit Judge Temporary Restraining Order (TRO). They can't implement any of it before the end of the last trial.

So June is the federal hearing, and the State hearing is September?
1677901773703.png 👍

Just opened my email from the legislative update. HB3511 has been assigned to the House Judiciary Committee. https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Measures/Overview/HB3511

I highly recomment that people start writing their testimony ASAP and have it ready to submit. You should also start writing EVERY member of the committee and call each and every office. Be polite and professional but be strong with your opinions. This is it folks. This is our last chance to speak up on Measure 114 as individuals. If don't fulfill your obligation as citizens then you will surely lose your rights.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top