JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW, this status report is for the consolidated federal court cases (OFF v Kotek, etc.) before Judge Immergut. The only thing I see calendared in Arnold v Rosenblum (i.e. the Harney County case) is a status check hearing set for this Friday (3/3) at 1:30.
My mistake, you are correct. Here's the info for listening in on the State lawsuit in Harney County:

HARNEY COUNTY CASE - Status Check:
Friday, March 3 at 1:30 PM
This is JUST a status check hearing, essentially a check in as to where things are at currently. However, for those interested, the call in and video information is below. Confirmed with the Circuit Court. Please make sure you are muted if you join. 1f60a.png
VIDEO:
*Meeting# (access code): 146 146 7193
*Meeting password: d24ARTR*
PHONE:
* 1-408-418-9388
* Access code:146 146 7193 ##

My mistake, you are correct. Here's the info for listening in on the State lawsuit in Harney County:

HARNEY COUNTY CASE - Status Check:
Friday, March 3 at 1:30 PM
This is JUST a status check hearing, essentially a check in as to where things are at currently. However, for those interested, the call in and video information is below. Confirmed with the Circuit Court. Please make sure you are muted if you join. View attachment 1375339
VIDEO:
*Meeting# (access code): 146 146 7193
*Meeting password: d24ARTR*
PHONE:
* 1-408-418-9388
* Access code:146 146 7193 ##
Hmmm... the county court webex info is different than that. I wonder which is accurate?

Join from the meeting link:

Meeting number (access code): 2490 636 2369
Meeting password: HARpublic22*

Join by phone:
Access code: 2490 636 2369 ##

Proposed OREGON Firearm Legislation HB3513
Title: Relating to firearm hold agreements.
Description: Authorizes federal firearms licensee or other person to enter into firearm hold agreement with firearm owner. Authorizes federal firearms licensee or other person to enter into firearm hold agreement with firearm owner. Provides immunity from liability for person who takes possession of firearm pursuant to firearm hold agreement except in actions arising from unlawful conduct. Directs Oregon Health Authority to establish grant program to fund storage of firearms pursuant to firearm hold agreement. Appropriates moneys to authority to fund grants. Requires that training course for concealed handgun license include use of firearm hold agreements for firearm suicide prevention. Provides that transfer of firearm pursuant to firearm hold agreement is exempt from private transfer criminal background check requirement.
Session: 2023 Legislative Measures
Last Action:
Last Action Date: March 1, 2023
Sponsors
Note: the first sponsor listed is normally the primary sponsor. If a sponsor's name is a hyperlink you can click on it to 'follow the money'.
4 sponsors: Thuy Tran (D); Brian Boquist (R); Farrah Chaichi (D); Anna Scharf (R)

Proposed OREGON Firearm Legislation HB3542
Title: Relating to firearm purchase permits.
Description: Provides that person is automatically qualified to obtain permit to purchase firearm if person holds valid concealed handgun license. Provides that person is automatically qualified to obtain permit to purchase firearm if person holds valid concealed handgun license.
Last Action:
Sponsors
Note: the first sponsor listed is normally the primary sponsor. If a sponsor's name is a hyperlink you can click on it to 'follow the money'.
18 sponsors: James Hieb (R);David Smith (R); Bobby Levy (R); Lily Morgan (R); Ed Diehl (R); Christine Goodwin (R);Emily McIntire (R); Virgle Osborne (R); Anna Scharf (R);Boomer Wright (R); Brian Boquist (R); Lynn Findley (R); Fred Girod (R); Bill Hansell (R); Cedric Hayden (R); Dennis Linthicum (R); Kim Thatcher (R); Suzanne Weber (R)

Proposed OREGON Firearm Legislation HB3511
Title: Relating to firearm permits; prescribing an effective date.
Description: Modifies firearm permit application and issuance process. Modifies firearm permit application and issuance process. Provides that permit agent is Department of Transportation and modifies qualifications to obtain permit. Directs Department of State Police to annually perform criminal background check on permit holders and to contract with entity to perform equity analysis on changes to permit system. Provides that verification of permit eliminates criminal background check requirement at time of firearm transfer. Takes effect on 91st day following adjournment sine die.
Last Action:
Sponsors
1 sponsors: Farrah Chaichi (D)

Description: Modifies firearm permit application and issuance process. Modifies firearm permit application and issuance process. Provides that permit agent is Department of Transportation and modifies qualifications to obtain permit. Directs Department of State Police to annually perform criminal background check on permit holders and to contract with entity to perform equity analysis on changes to permit system. Provides that verification of permit eliminates criminal background check requirement at time of firearm transfer. Takes effect on 91st day following adjournment sine die.
Last Action:
Sponsors
Explain that one in English please.

-E-

Explain that one in English please.

-E-
Voluntarily surrendering your firearms and giving up your 2A rights (supposedly... temporarily) for those that feel they may be a threat to themselves or others.

However... belongs in another thread... not 114 litigation related. ;)

Voluntarily surrendering your firearms and giving up your 2A rights (supposedly... temporarily) for those that feel they may be a threat to themselves or others.

However... belongs in another thread... not 114 litigation related. ;)
That's HB3513. I was referring to HB3511. "Modifies firearm permit application and issuance process".

-E-

That's HB3513. I was referring to HB3511. "Modifies firearm permit application and issuance process".

-E-
Ah... the permit to purchase legislation (part of).

But again... probably better in a seperate thread fom the ongoing 114 litigation in the fed and state court thread.

-E-
A note about HB3511. A major part of it is appeasing people that don't like to go to police stations or sheriffs offices. They don't want to go through the po po to get a CHL.

If it's passed to the DMV, I'm wondering if the CHL records can be disclosed during a paid search of DMV records.

Ah... the permit to purchase legislation (part of).

But again... probably better in a seperate thread fom the ongoing 114 litigation in the fed and state court thread.
It's tough keeping these straight but yes, there are better threads for bills to watch. FWIW, you can sign up for notifications of movement of specific bills, committees, and legislator updates here. I've found it very helpful instead of wading through every proposed bill. Gives you a chance to submit testimony and send emails to committee members. Kim Thatcher is a good one for sending out notices for action .

Last Action:
Sponsors
THAT'S the 114 fix-up bill! https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Measures/ProposedAmendments/HB3511

SECTION 1. Section 3, chapter 1, Oregon Laws 2023 (Ballot Measure 114 (2022)), is amended to read

Holy Chit! I didn't read it, only depended on a short description.
ETA: There is no doubt that LEVO and MDA are going to be the chief input into this bill. The bill is on the speakers desk and has not yet been assigned to committee. I would think that tomorrow afternoon would be a good time for them to send it to committee with a hearing scheduled for March 6th. That only gives people a few days to prepare and submit testimony. It will also be just in time for the Harney County hearing Friday.

Here's a direct Link to the text. A few takeaways from initial review:
  • DMV will be the "agent" for sheriffs departments and will handle processing of permits. That includes fingerprinting and submitting applications to OSP for enhanced background checks. It's not clear who will be performing the background checks since the FBI will not process these for OSP.
  • Permits to purchase will be an endorsement on your drivers license.
  • OSP will perform an annual NICS check on every permit holder.
I'm sure there are many more issues, just wanted to get a few details our for information.

Most people I talk to say they are done buying if this becomes law. The thing is once they establish the permit process, it won't be long before they extend the permit process to ALL gun owners, grandfathered or not.

Most people I talk to say they are done buying if this becomes law. The thing is once they establish the permit process, it won't be long before they extend the permit process to ALL gun owners, grandfathered or not.
I hear that at gun shows quite a bit. Some said it wasn't worth voting, much less contacting their legislators, since they have all the guns they need.

Whether we have more or less firepower than we need is not the question. What is in the Constitution, and what is necessary for the rule of law? That is at stake.

The violence issue is about anger, unforgiveness, mental illness, and drugs. Guns, rocks, knives, bats, etc., are the tools of violence. More laws do not make for less violence.

Weaponized media and political pretense is a bigger villain here than weapons.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top