JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent OSP FICS an email a few weeks ago asking questions about some conflicting and confusing data/info in their 2022 annual operations report. Got absolutely zero/nadda/no response. They are not exactly a transparent agency to say the least.

I sent OSP FICS an email a few weeks ago asking questions about some conflicting and confusing data/info in their 2022 annual operations report. Got absolutely zero/nadda/no response. They are not exactly a transparent agency to say the least.
Government transparency is less likely than sex after marriage.

Brandon turned Afghanistan into the worlds largest gun shop for terrorists.

Real military grade weapons of all types.

Let's not forget 20 years worth of stockpiling all sorts of explosives and other kinetic military hardware and ammo.

Innocent people around the world are going to be slaughtered for the next 100 years because of that decision.

But our MSR's and braced pistols are a HUGE threat.

Yeah right..................
"And you leave those billions of dollars of weapons behind I promise they're going to be used against your grandchild and mine some day" - The Big Guy

Kevin means well but they completely muffed the handling of that case in front of Immergut. Regardless of her lefty stance on the topic, that case has done more damage than good.
You get what you pay for, and whatever lawyers were up front weren't even C-squad.

The beginning of 348 goes over which portions were repealed. I believe the mag ban portion still exists so perhaps that TRO will stand(?). HB 3511 gets into the details of the permit but that one is dead. I believe the permit system still needs an implementing bill but perhaps not. Since the permitting system has been delayed until next year, perhaps that portion of the TRO is no longer necessary but the legality of the permit is still a question.

Need legal minds to sort it out but that's my read.

The fed and state court cases we're all just a waste of everyones time and money.
The outside law firm the State hired probably cashed in. It's the same firm the State has used on several high profile legal matters over the years. Oregon doesn't make it easy to figure out where to send public records requests, and like to offer high estimates of production to the requester, perhaps to discourage the request, but I wonder where a public records request could be directed, to have the State cough up their billing invoices from that firm.

The beginning of 348 goes over which portions were repealed. I believe the mag ban portion still exists so perhaps that TRO will stand(?). HB 3511 gets into the details of the permit but that one is dead. I believe the permit system still needs an implementing bill but perhaps not. Since the permitting system has been delayed until next year, perhaps that portion of the TRO is no longer necessary but the legality of the permit is still a question.

Need legal minds to sort it out but that's my read.
in addition to determining if a permit itself is at all constitutional, we need to address the cost of the permit, which in the new bills going through the legislature has been increased to $150. This to me is an obvious poll tax and should be struck down on those grounds alone. No other constitutional rights require a fee to be exercised.

If a permit to purchase is free for citizens to obtain, is shall issue (no discretion by the state outside of a standard background check), and is timely (taking less than a few weeks to obtain) then possibly it might pass constitutional muster.

in addition to determining if a permit itself is at all constitutional, we need to address the cost of the permit, which in the new bills going through the legislature has been increased to $150. This to me is an obvious poll tax and should be struck down on those grounds alone. No other constitutional rights require a fee to be exercised.

If a permit to purchase is free for citizens to obtain, is shall issue (no discretion by the state outside of a standard background check), and is timely (taking less than a few weeks to obtain) then possibly it might pass constitutional muster.
Infringed. Pretty much the Key Word in Clarence Thomases Court. God Bless 'em!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top