JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whether we have more or less firepower than we need is not the question. What is in the Constitution, and what is necessary for the rule of law? That is at stake.

The violence issue is about anger, unforgiveness, mental illness, and drugs. Guns, rocks, knives, bats, etc., are the tools of violence. More laws do not make for less violence.

Weaponized media and political pretense is a bigger villain here than weapons.
Agreed. Call and write your representatives.

Anyone here looking into Oregon Citizens Lobby (https://oregoncitizenslobby.org/)? War Room meets every Thursday in Salem at Ike Box. Good information in writing your legislators, testifying, and taking other action. I've been going most every week. Good people and good resource.

Here's a direct Link to the text. A few takeaways from initial review:
  • DMV will be the "agent" for sheriffs departments and will handle processing of permits. That includes fingerprinting and submitting applications to OSP for enhanced background checks. It's not clear who will be performing the background checks since the FBI will not process these for OSP.
  • Permits to purchase will be an endorsement on your drivers license.
  • OSP will perform an annual NICS check on every permit holder.
I'm sure there are many more issues, just wanted to get a few details our for information.
And for those people who have a suspended ODL? Or are too old to drive anymore? Or who simply do not drive?

I look forward to waiting hours to get my permit in a DMV office.

And for those people who have a suspended ODL? Or are too old to drive anymore? Or who simply do not drive?

I think that if you're in the country illegally or don't speak english, you go to the head of the line. At least that seems to be the way at the Social Security office.

Likely translates to a state ID endorsement, but I stil can't figure how they are going to do that. They NICS you every year and if you don't pass your state ID or DL is revoked and must be reissued sans endorsement?

Me thinks their "fix" is going to be screwing us twice over again(?)

Likely translates to a state ID endorsement, but I stil can't figure how they are going to do that. They NICS you every year and if you don't pass your state ID or DL is revoked and must be reissued sans endorsement?

Me thinks their "fix" is going to be screwing us twice over again(?)
Somewhere in the bill is a requirement to ALSO have a piece of paper or something that has your permit number and date issued with you at all times. Can't find it right now but remember reading it. The whole thing is a cluster flop. Even though you have proof of the permit on you, it still needs to be verified every time you purchase a gun. The whole thing accomplishes nothing except running around in circles.

Anyone notice MDA and LEVO trolling the capitol yesterday? They met with senators and reps supporting gun control, were high fiving each other, and taking pictures with Kotex.

The whole thing accomplishes nothing except running around in circles.

Anyone notice MDA and LEVO trolling the capitol yesterday? They met with senators and reps supporting gun control, were high fiving each other, and taking pictures with Kotex.
Thats their whole goal.. Discourage gun sales and place barriers so gun owners and future ones give up.. Has nothing to do with " safety" or " common sense".

These are the same people that post accidental discharge stories with dogs involved. Its a way to shame gun owners.

They're bonkers..

No. Todays hearing was just a status update and schedule revision.
It was a little more than a schedule revision. There wasn't a trial scheduled before today. The judge had previously stated that he would schedule a trial 10 days from when the state said they would have the permitting system ready. The state says they are now ready for trial right after completion of the federal trial. The judge offered a trial date in June but the plaintiffs had a scheduling conflict. The next block of time available is in September so that's when the trial is scheduled.

I was surprised that the state didn't jump at the chance to have a TRO hearing after the federal trial. The judge is saying that door is now closed. However, that offer was made before the September date was announced. Perhaps they state was under the impression that they were going to trial in June so the TRO hearing wouldn't be necessary?

So the permit to purchase trial/test/rollout won't happen until at least September 2023? Magazine ban still isn't in effect until at least September as well? Pretty confusing for a simple guy that's a mechanic for a living.

It was a little more than a schedule revision. There wasn't a trial scheduled before today. The judge had previously stated that he would schedule a trial 10 days from when the state said they would have the permitting system ready. The state says they are now ready for trial right after completion of the federal trial. The judge offered a trial date in June but the plaintiffs had a scheduling conflict. The next block of time available is in September so that's when the trial is scheduled.

I was surprised that the state didn't jump at the chance to have a TRO hearing after the federal trial. The judge is saying that door is now closed. However, that offer was made before the September date was announced. Perhaps they state was under the impression that they were going to trial in June so the TRO hearing wouldn't be necessary?
Well, orginally the state was supposed to be ready to go on the permits next week.... at which time the judge was going to follow up with them and if they were indeed ready to implement then a TRO hearing was to be held within 10 days.

What I gathered was they aren't even close (note the pending legislative actions to that end)... and I would imagine... they aren't too hyped about putting "anything" in front of Raschio until they absolutely have to. Anything used or determined in his court could bite them in the federal case. Likewise... a federal case with a determination in their favor could have impact in the state case. I would imagine their theory runs along those lines, anyway.

Delay an unfavorable ruling, stack the deck as much as possible, take the hit they anticipate from State court then send it up for appeals with the backing from Immergut's ruling.

The fed court was forced to fast track so "delay tactic wise"... the state side gives them more time.

Just spitballin....

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR