JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is it right here.

You can choose to not comply all day long... but where the hell are you going to buy from? The whole gun industry is cucked these days.
Opticsplanet wouldnt even send me a +1 mag tube for an 870...

The industry will comply. Afterall, we wouldnt expect them to do anything drastic to support the civilian market now would we? That would be soooo un-capitalist.

Remember when Barrett refused sales and service to all LEO in the state of CA after CA banned 50bmg???
I dont know if thats still in effect... but it was a big step in the right direction. If every manufacturer would do the same... refuse to sell anything to govt agencies that civilians cannot also own...

But all of these companies are run by boards full of libs and are based in liberal states... more concerned about their ESG score and the next potential govt contract than they are about protecting the 2A
This. Until the companies in the gun industries make it abundantly clear that supporting anti2A is not profitable for these anti2A States, and makes it clear that the State agencies/local police will not be able to acquire the guns and ammunition they want to use to enforce anti2A laws, it will keep going right on with mere lip service.

"non-compliance" is one big bubbleguming COPE

At the end of the day, its not about enforcing mass compliance.
These demons dont give a bubblegum about YOU and your gun... they want the next generation to be anti-gun, to grow up without an interest in them... to make sure THEY dont get to buy them.

You will wither and die with your secret AR and mags in the attic... your kids or grandkids will clean out the house after you go into assisted living and they will turn your guns & bubblegum in to the cops. You will get a pass because you're old and infirmed... your guns will hit the smelter and the gun grabblers will check off another victory.

As I said, "non-compliance" is a bluster, a cope for guys who didnt lift a finger beforehand to secure their rights... We all know there isnt going to be some door to door gun confiscation as so many like to wet dream over.

Once you are out of compliance, you will be an easy pick off when someone turns you in or something (angry ex, disgruntled employees, nosy liberal neighbors, etc.)... but even if not, you wont be able to do anything with your now-illegal guns... gonna take them to the range? oooh yeah good luck with that. Gone to defend yourself with them? Yeah, even better... enjoy your 3 hots and a cot courtesy of the corrections dept.
People have been non-compliant for over 30 years now. There haven't been any pick-offs.
What range has asked you if your gun is registered? Where and when did this happen? Have you ever heard of this happening?
Oh, it's coming soon? When?

I do not understand what you mean by a "COPE" but I wonder:
How do you know what other gun owners did or didn't do to fight these BS laws? But you're lumping everyone together. People comply or don't as they see fit for their circumstance and that includes people who are in the forefront of the fight for our rights as well as those who indeed did nothing.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. People worrying about the worst case scenario.

If people are that worried about gun confiscations and prison they should just sell off their guns while they still can.

Last Edited:
If a person doesn't want to comply, that is great. When anti-gun laws target what we can purchase, who can purchase or how we can purchase items from FFLs and retailers, that is not going to be fixed by personal non-compliance.

So go ahead and take enjoyment that you are pulling one over on the law with your personal non-compliance but it won't help FFLs or retailers much.

There have been many people caught up in non-compliance charges.

Take your pick, this only scratches the surface.

I think the question was... were the majority of these previously "prohibited persons" (felons, gang members, domestic violence, drug users) or just otherwise law-abiding citizens whose only crime was that they bought or possessed guns that are no longer "legal" to own in their States?

Will people get caught 'Non-complying"....sure.

Again...
If you do so ...do so smartly...Just understand and accept the consequences for doing so.
Weigh the risk versus the reward.
I have "weighed that risk , versus the reward" ..and am happy with my choices.

As for retailers....
No matter how they feel about any firearm law , ban , restriction , requirement....
If they want to stay in business....they need to follow all laws in order to do so,.

The firearm laws , etc...are not of their making...and I would bet in the majority of cases...not of their choosing either.
Continue to shop local....keep those stores open....It ain't their fault.
Andy

Edit to add :
Non Compliance can be done in degrees , so to speak....Situational dependent.
It does not have to be a hard line , one size fits all answer.

Last Edited:
I think the question was... were the majority of these previously "prohibited persons" (felons, gang members, domestic violence, drug users) or just otherwise law-abiding citizens whose only crime was that they bought or possessed guns that are no longer "legal" to own in their States?
It's fair to assume that if somebody is non-compliant with Firearm laws that they will be non-compliant in other areas of their life.

What would be nice is for a majority of voters to make abundantly clear that it won't profit the careers of the politicians to be anti 2A, but the issue is that the majority of voters these days vote solely for the letter by their names :(
It's fair to assume that if somebody is non-compliant with Firearm laws that they will be non-compliant in other areas of their life.
There is this case from 1990s

The argument in this case was that the defendant (Mr. Staples) did not know he possessed an illegally modified AR15; and that the State/ATF needed to prove he had prior knowledge of the fact that his rifle could fire automatically.

So again, like someone else pointed out, perhaps a majority of "Non complying" owners are ignorant of new State laws and Federal regulations?

It is never a good idea to assume.

I would say no....at least from personal standpoint.
Just 'cause a person is not compliant for a dumbazz firearm law....is no guarantee that they are non complaint with any other thing.

With that said....
Being non compliant ...such as not driving the speed limit...or other such traffic violations...could be common for lots of folks....

It would depend on the law...and the situation.
Andy

Last Edited:
What would be nice is for a majority of voters to make abundantly clear that it won't profit the careers of the politicians to be anti 2A, but the issue is that the majority of voters these days vote solely for the letter by their names :(

There is this case from 1990s

The argument in this case was that the defendant (Mr. Staples) did not know he possessed an illegally modified AR15; and that the State/ATF needed to prove he had prior knowledge of the fact that his rifle could fire automatically.

So again, like someone else pointed out, perhaps a majority of "Non complying" owners are ignorant of new State laws and Federal regulations?
We are on different wavelengths in this discussion. The discussion that often occurs here is that somebody states that they are not going to comply with abc law. That certainly suggest that they are going to be participating in this non-compliance knowingly and willfully.

Last Edited:
It is never a good idea to assume.

I would say no....at least from personal standpoint.
Just 'cause a person is not compliant for a dumbazz firearm law....is no guarantee that they are non complaint with any other thing.

With that said....
Being non compliant ...such as not driving the speed limit...or other such common traffic violations...could be common for lots of folks....

It would depend on the law...and the situation.
Andy
Judging from most of the stories I have read regarding people "picked off" by authorities for firearms violations, they usually were or had been non-compliant in other areas of their lives.

A traffic ticket, accident or DUI could easily turn in to a firearms charge if you had illegal firearms on board.

Judging from most of the stories I have read regarding people "picked off" by authorities for firearms violations, they usually were or had been non-compliant in other areas of their lives.

A traffic ticket, accident or DUI could easily turn in to a firearms charge if you had illegal firearms on board.
Again,...assuming is never a good idea.
And.....
Non compliance does not have to be an all inclusive , one size fits all answer.

Also....If one does non- comply...do so smartly.
Andy

We are on different wavelengths in this discussion. The discussion that often occurs here is that somebody states that they are not going to comply with abc law. That certainly suggest that are going to be participating in this non-compliance knowingly and willfully.
Your point is well seen, and acknowledged; but a simple look at the "compliance" rates for several States regarding certain gun bans/laws and the simple fact that so far; we only have the word of the State parties that seized "illegal weapons" that their owners intended to become criminals by not complying. The question the other poster brought up was whether or not, that most of these people were already prior prohibited persons/criminals; or simply gun owners who were ignorant of the laws? Certainly there were likely some who knowingly chose not to comply.

Also please note how often people on this forum, usually new members.. ask about certain laws (WA laws and Oregon SB941 for examples) long after they've passed; and we educate them on things.. since the membership of NWFA is a minority of gun owners in the NW; what are the odds that the majority of gun owners not on this forum, are as knowledgeable of their State laws?

There have been many people caught up in non-compliance charges.

Take your pick, this only scratches the surface.

You just made my point about screw-ups getting busted. One bust had explosives another was a drug bust.Another was a guy selling AW'S and then you filled out your selection with gun busts in Mexico and England. WGAF about those countries?
Give me a case where a regular guy got busted. Not drug busts, not explosives investigations, or idiots selling AWs to cops.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?
Is there a constitutional right to drive drunk?
To sell drugs? Non compliance with unconstitutional laws doesn't equate to drug abuse, child or spouse abuse or any other crime that is Malum in se.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?
Is there a constitutional right to drive drunk?
To sell drugs? Non compliance with unconstitutional laws doesn't equate to drug abuse, child or spouse abuse or any other crime that is Malum in se.
Adding a wrinkle.

What is previously lawful conduct, becoming unlawful by legislation; doesn't remove the mens rea requirement of knowingly violating the new legislation/laws. Again, as the 1994 Staples case proves; the government need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused knowingly uncomplied with new laws.

You just made my point about screw-ups getting busted. One bust had explosives another was a drug bust.Another was a guy selling AW'S and then you filled out your selection with gun busts in Mexico and England. WGAF about those countries?
Give me a case where a regular guy got busted. Not drug busts, not explosives investigations, or idiots selling AWs to cops.
Probably EXTREMELY rare as long as the person is NOT going online to show the world what they have. Again though for those who choose to own something that they of course know is not legal its also not going to be of much use. Can't enjoy it, can't use it for defense. Worst of all of course is anyone new to the game also can't really just go buy it. Authorities do not need or want to go door to door. Sadly they don't have too.
The other real danger here is people who own something they can't have need to be VERY careful who their "friends" are. Get on the bad side of some friend, and they decide to tell authorities about what you have? Now someone may just come knocking on the door.

Adding a wrinkle.

What is previously lawful conduct, becoming unlawful by legislation; doesn't remove the mens rea requirement of knowingly violating the new legislation/laws. Again, as the 1994 Staples case proves; the government need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused knowingly uncomplied with new laws.
I understand and agree with what you say, but as was earlier stated, people who say they won't comply with a law know that law exists. And many have documented their stance on this forum.

"According to the Illinois State Police, as of this week, about 15,100 of Illinois' 2.4 million Firearm Owners Identification card holders (less than 1%) had registered their weapons."

Failure to register is a Felony. I would not be willing to risk it by not registering when the Gov't already know what firearms I own. My AR's were purchased from an FFL. Even it yours were not, don't piss of your wife or girlfriend, as they could make a phone call and burn you will a felony charge.

Illinois - Individuals who possessed assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and other devices listed in the Act before it took effect are required to submit an endorsement affidavit through their Firearm Owner's Identification Card account by JANUARY 1, 2024

Word on the street is less than one half of one percent of these firearms have been registered so far.
I believe a similar thing occurred in California, and as long as these 'registration' requirements remain at the State level, non-compliance makes sense seeing as the only other effective way for them to get this info in mass would be to seize 4473's from all of the State's FFLs. It is possible that some radically leftist Federal judge from a lower court might sign off on that, but at current, it probably wouldn't stand long enough to be implemented, but some damage could be done none the less. While a State could still band certain firearms and related accessories, and you can count on them prosecuting people on these bands whenever possible, the real concern regrading mandatory registration of firearms and/or accessories is at the Federal level, though even then they'd face many 'privacy' issues trying to make it pass 'constitutionality' mustard.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top