JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was out in the boat today.....
ui_AI_desrtboat.jpg

Just kidding...This is Bing AI generated

:s0158:

I'm a gun enthusiast, but I don't know if I would have even heard about the brace stuff if a buddy didn't have one. There have got to be many millions of owners that have absolutely no idea what just happened.
outside of a gun forum like this, I would never know. Reminds of when Connecticut made everyone register their "assault" rifles -and- magazines and their was very little compliance.

Seems really hard to enforce too. Ignorance must be bliss here... lol

Non-compliance is a time honored method of protesting a law.
"If a law is unjust ,a man is not only right to disobey it , he obligated to do so."
Quote by some guy named Thomas Jefferson....:D

Something important to consider here is ...
While I do agree with non-compliance with many things...
I also am willing to accept the consequences of my actions.

Weighing the risk versus the payoff is wise.
Andy
Agreed.
If you're a lone ranger, fly by the seat of your pants kinda guy, why worry about laws. I respect that lifestyle and mentality. "Register my brace? I'll just put a stock on it! Bump stock illegal now? I'll just drill a 3rd hole. What do I have to lose?"

On the other hand when you become a home owner and get married and have some kids its like.... is my non compliance worth losing everything I have???

I doubt very much that anyone would actually get convicted of a felony and go to prison for merely having a pistol brace on the weapon if that is their only crime...

I would bet if you have no arrest record and for some odd reason found by leo/atf to be in possession of a 10" AR w/ brace still attached they would just have you remove said brace and confiscated it.

Now if you were to use said weapon in commission of a crime or said weapon was found in your possession due to you committing some unrelated crime where your person or property was searched then I could see you being charged for that felony.

I doubt very much that anyone would actually get convicted of a felony and go to prison for merely having a pistol brace on the weapon if that is their only crime...

I would bet if you have no arrest record and for some odd reason found by leo/atf to be in possession of a 10" AR w/ brace still attached they would just have you remove said brace and confiscated it.

Now if you were to use said weapon in commission of a crime or said weapon was found in your possession due to you committing some unrelated crime where your person or property was searched then I could see you being charged for that felony.
I'd say it would rather depend if you say you're unaware of the change in regulation, or whether they find your claims of non-compliance.

Willful disobedience of the law is like asking to be made an example of.

There are all sorts of ways of violating the law and getting away with it. Discussing your intent online is not one of those.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top