JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they outlaw sales of semi-autos how far will criminal disobedience get us in restoring retail supply of outlawed firearms. My guess would be, not very far.

GAv3IwtbsAAYbcx.jpg Ft_TXa4XsAAMPhY.png

It's going to be interesting. The law won't stand up in a federal court. If it does, likely not SCOTUS. To enforce this law would have national gun rights organizations competing for the victim's litigation. The state stands to lose a lot of $$$. But that didn't stop NY when they passed registration laws.

The legistlative authors and sponsors of any laws that are declared unconstitutional should automatically be disqualified and immediately removed from office.

It's going to be interesting. The law won't stand up in a federal court. If it does, likely not SCOTUS. To enforce this law would have national gun rights organizations competing for the victim's litigation. The state stands to lose a lot of $$$. But that didn't stop NY when they passed registration laws.
Sadly law makers who do this kind of stuff could care less if courts beat it down later. To them why should it matter, people keep electing them back to office. So they will just keep cranking out more laws like this as fast as courts put one down they will just write another.

Ah, the utterly revolting and inappropriate referenceto the holocaust. This is nothing like that era in Germany, and if you think so, you are helping anti-2a activists by making gun owners look out of touch with reality.
Sadly references to Nazi's, Hitler, racism, and such have become a common thing. How many times do "main stream" news places refer to Trump as Hitler? They do it so much no one even thinks its strange anymore. :s0092:

Sadly references to Nazi's, Hitler, racism, and such have become a common thing. How many times do "main stream" news places refer to Trump as Hitler? They do it so much no one even thinks its strange anymore. :s0092:
There have been plenty of news outlets who have properly described some of Trump's statements, such as referring to immigrants as "poisoning th e blood of our country," as being similar to the kinds of things one might have heard from the Nazis. They are correct, that is the type of thing Nazis would say.

The people actually calling him Nazi are effectively the same as folks making nazi references around 2a issues - it's all tripe.

There have been plenty of news outlets who have properly described some of Trump's statements, such as referring to immigrants as "poisoning th e blood of our country," as being similar to the kinds of things one might have heard from the Nazis. They are correct, that is the type of thing Nazis would say.

The people actually calling him Nazi are effectively the same as folks making nazi references around 2a issues - it's all tripe.
That is not what I am talking about and you of course know that. Trump is racist, anti Jew, is Hitler, and on and on every day on mainstream news. You of course don't have a problem with them saying it about him because of how you feel about him so you make excuses for this kind of talk. :s0092:
The problem with everything being racists or Nazi, is soon no one believes anything these people say except those in their echo chamber. It does create some VERY dangerous kooks though. The entire idea of them calling people this is to de humanize them. That way some kooks will feel its fine to attack and kill. Since the people they are attacking are not really human. You are cuddling up to some real dangerous people because you like them saying it. Sooner or later though they set off some kook and then they, and you, will pretend you don't understand why it happened. :s0092:

"firearms owner registration card" nope, ain't happening!!
Sadly if gun owners here keep this up we will end up with a FOID card kind of thing here too. If they do no one has to get one. They can choose to just not buy ammo or guns again or buy them illegally. Chose to go against the law and they may go their entire life and no problem. Some will get in a legal bind though and it will be painful and expensive. :(

That is not what I am talking about and you of course know that. Trump is racist, anti Jew, is Hitler, and on and on every day on mainstream news. You of course don't have a problem with them saying it about him because of how you feel about him so you make excuses for this kind of talk. :s0092:
The problem with everything being racists or Nazi, is soon no one believes anything these people say except those in their echo chamber. It does create some VERY dangerous kooks though. The entire idea of them calling people this is to de humanize them. That way some kooks will feel its fine to attack and kill. Since the people they are attacking are not really human. You are cuddling up to some real dangerous people because you like them saying it. Sooner or later though they set off some kook and then they, and you, will pretend you don't understand why it happened. :s0092:
Clearly we do not live on the same planet. Clearly you did not read or understand my post fully either. I'm "cuddling up to dangeroues people," eh? Riiiight….

Ah the IRS is a federal agency. This is a state law since when would a federal agency inforce state law?
I doubt this scenario will happen in the great state of Illinois 😆

There are hundreds of thousands of AR/semiautomatic rifles owners in Illinois and given how mismanaged that state is I can only assume the Illinois branches of the IRS are just as poorly managed. So for them to undertake such an ordeal as hunting down non complaint rifle owners just doesn't sound likely.

Now what I would wager that Illinois lawmakers will do is make examples out of the first several people that get arrested and then found to be in possession of non-compliant rifles. Old Uncle Jimbo gets busted for domestic violence and cops find his AR or Johnny gone shooting gets pulled over and cops find AR in the vehicle now these fellows will get the maximum thrown at them.

Clearly we do not live on the same planet. Clearly you did not read or understand my post fully either. I'm "cuddling up to dangeroues people," eh? Riiiight….
I don't think anyone will argue the point that your chosen reality is not the same as the one everyone else lives in. :s0140:

I mean... come on. First condemning a person for posting a harmless meme drawing a parallel with some of the current rhetoric on one side of the aisle, and in the very next post defending the same parallels made by the same side of the aisle against their political opponent as "correct" and just(?)

Seriously? 🤣

I believe the point he was making with those meme's was the similarity in the mindset and approach we are seeing in the U.S. today... and the danger that type of social engineering represents.

IE., Classing a segment of the population as "the enemy" rhetoric. They are the cause of all problems. They are leading to the downfall of the nation. They are a direct threat to your safety and well being. They represent an immediate threat to you and the lives of your children. Their freedoms must be restricted in order to preserve the safety and well being of the masses.

The holocaust didn't just happen overnight. Conditions first had to be set through social engineering. I don't subscribe to the idea that we'll see another physical genocide, but the "game plan" is the same and should be of concern to all when certain segments of the population are deemed as enemies of the state, made into criminals through no illegal action or intent on their part and have rights restricted simply because they oppose a certain agenda.

There is no denying that history has always shown that a totalitarian regime can only be established once the people have been disarmed, dehumanized and denied fundamental rights.

Simple as that.

Last Edited:
IE., Classing a segment of the population as "the enemy" rhetoric. They are the cause of all problems. They are leading to the downfall of the nation. They are a direct threat to your safety and well being. They represent an immediate threat to you and the lives of your children. Their freedoms must be restricted in order to preserve the safety and well being of the masses.
Yeah I have seen that one before.

The gov will not be going door to door. They don't have too. Those who have one that is "no longer legal" can sit on them. Many may have it the rest of their life and nothing will happen but, what's the point? If they can't take it out to shoot, can't use it for defense? What exactly good is it?
Probably more truth to this than not.

Along with a hypothetical 'ban' of say 'assault rifles' it could also include something like a 'no public display' clause which would ensure they are kept inside, behind closed doors - at least by the law abiding.

Purely speculation but 'non compliance' it seems could potentially be overcome by creative definition of a 'no longer legal' law - if ever actually enacted.

I doubt this scenario will happen in the great state of Illinois 😆

There are hundreds of thousands of AR/semiautomatic rifles owners in Illinois and given how mismanaged that state is I can only assume the Illinois branches of the IRS are just as poorly managed. So for them to undertake such an ordeal as hunting down non complaint rifle owners just doesn't sound likely.

Now what I would wager that Illinois lawmakers will do is make examples out of the first several people that get arrested and then found to be in possession of non-compliant rifles. Old Uncle Jimbo gets busted for domestic violence and cops find his AR or Johnny gone shooting gets pulled over and cops find AR in the vehicle now these fellows will get the maximum thrown at them.
The average owners of the firearms in question would be employed tax payers propping up most communities. Remove those gun owners in mass and watch the tax base crumble. Ironically, the police who would arrest those offenders would soon be out of work because of the reduced tax base.

How would those communities supplement the loss of skilled labor, small businesses and foreclosures when the gun owners sent to jail lose their homes? Who replaces them?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top