JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I prefer groups like this at 100 yards :)
View attachment 379169

Fine then.

IMG_20170208_134035.jpg
IMG_20170208_133709.jpg
It's almost like they hit where I aim. :D

Lack of imports, and now restrictions of what can't be imported... Thanks Bush Sr and Obama. Trump didn't help either with the sanctions, not that it matters (and I'm sure someone will justify it even though I won't care).

I keep hearing this about the marked flooded with AR's. So i ask around at local gun shops and they all agree. So i ask to see some of these AR's and they hand me this rattly cheap feeling basic AR. I almost didn't even want to hold it. All the corners are sharp. The damn thing rattled worse than any rifle I have even seen. The grip felt awful and the stock was cheesy as hell. I rack it back to check the chamber and it makes this god awful scratching sound. So after a few trips to local shops, not my regular FFL I use, but just local gun shops. My conclusion is this. Yes its flooded with AR's but these things are pure garbage. I have a hard time even understanding why someone would want a $500 AR. Buy a quality rifle and you will be so much more happy. I see these piles at the range all the time and think to myself why not save your pennies and buy quality. You can only shoot one gun at a time anyways. Just my 2 cents.

Not everybody lives next door to Noveske;)

I also own a cheap ar(franken built) shoots 1in groups at 100yds:D

Nah. Can't operate, keep a clean shave so no tactical beard. :rolleyes:
Just get you a Kryptek camo moral patch ball cap, Oakley's, wrap a shemaug around your neck, and open carry your FDE FN FNX .45 in a drop leg wrapped around you 5.11's, and you'll almost be able to operate without chin armor.

I sold my old Colt SP1 in the early 90's and bought a Galil. In the ensuing years I purchased a few FN's and HK's that I still own. I really dislike direct impingement. My employer (SO) issued me an M16 reconfigured by our armors to an M4 that I had for 6 years. Full auto with a reasonable supply of practice ammo. Returning that rifle as the most difficult part of retirement.

Just get you a Kryptek camo moral patch ball cap, Oakley's, wrap a shemaug around your neck, and open carry your FDE FN FNX .45 in a drop leg wrapped around you 5.11's, and you'll almost be able to operate without chin armor.
Um... No. o_O I'll wear jeans and whatever shirt isn't dirty. All that sounds bad for crossing the river. :eek:

I have several AR's, off course used them in my trade for many years and built a bunch of them from Olympic lowers 30-40 years ago. Those experiances taught me to buy known OE stuff and forget the rest. I have 3 AR's, all Colt and am building a Gau5 SBR right now also all Colt. I am sure there is some decent aftermarket stuff around but most are built only to make a profit. I like profit as well as the other guy but when it comes time for serious work.....I buy known equipment every time. To me, an AR is a great Coyote rifle and a decent battle rifle. I outgrew the need to save money on important tools many years ago. There are some great accessories that I have used (Giselle Triggers come to mind) but the bulk of my equipment is factory Colt. I don't trust aftermarket stuff to have the proper heat treating or alloys used in parts. I am sure there are exceptions but why risk it when the original factory stuff is so available.

Great all around AR type platform firearm. Reliable and accurate in the range needed for one at a good price. Well made in USA. Two Thumbs Up award for a casual fun firearm good for home defense if .223 is you choice for that function.
Yes sir, a worthy battle carbine.. especially for the price.
I'm glad it's available.

I have no experience with the cheapest AR-15's, the basic Del-Ton, Core 15, or DPMS ORACLE, or whatever the cheapest Anderson Arms product might be. But I have been very pleased with my original S&W M P 15 SPORT, the current version of which lacks the melonite 5R rifled 1 in 8" twist barrel, but includes the forward assist and dust cover that my original lacks. The new Ruger AR 556 also looks pretty darn nice as 3 of the guys I used to work with have purchased the Ruger in the past year. Both the S&W Sport II, and Ruger AR556 can be had for right around $500. If you want precision accuracy and longer range capability, my Stag Model 6 can provide that for a little over $800 currently. I just built a Stag Model 4 using their kit with a $50 stripped Anderson lower for a total cost of just over $520. Pretty nice A2 build, including carry handle sights. Not sure how accurate it will be, since I haven't tried to shoot iron sights in decades. Have to see what the 1 in 9" twist 20" barrel likes best, too. Bottom line is my $2000 AR consists of a nice carbine that shots MOA, a nice A2 iron sighted 20" battle rifle and a 24" heavy stainless barrel Varminter capable of sub half inch groups at 100 yards off the bench. Life is good for AR fans. :D

I see this as a good thing, so bear with me:

The buyers of these guns most likely never owned a gun before. They'll dive into the culture and like any kid with a new used car, throw money at it to make it their own. Increasing the ranks of gun owners is nothing but a good thing.

With some reiteration of the above, these new owners make the following contributions to society:
1. They buy more gun stuff.
2. Even if a quarter join the NRA, GOA, whatever, that's still a very good thing.
3. More guns make the country safer simply by existing, regardless of their quality. The mere existence of a deterrent is more valuable than the reliability of said deterrent (old Cold Warrior veteran, I am.)

Back in the 60's and 70's, the only cars were American and European, and the cars simply sucked. Yeah, we hopped them up, too. Made them our own in the process. The first Japanese imports were of such poor quality that they were even worse than Chinese stuff is now. Chrysler stunned the world with a 30 thousand mile warranty! American car owners were pretty snobby about those cars at the time, until now and my kids all own Japanese cars, while their dad is the only one in the house with an American car. As to quality, the entire "fleet" the quality is now all truly top notch all around. Competition gave us great quality cars from all sides of both ponds. What would someone say if you used the term "ricer" back in 1970?

If I mentioned black rifles in a crowd full of people carrying brown rifles, do you think the attitude would be any different? Let's get over the snobbery and welcome the newcomers to the fold. They really are looking up to both kinds for guidance, and we owe it to them to provide.

For longer range the Colt Delta Match HBAR is a tough one to beat but the prices are way up beyond "casual use firearm."
I keep hoping to stumble across some delta parts so I can get my old 20" colt A2 upper back from my cousin and build one... Something about that red triangle and the cheek riser with the funky charge handle cut out... even the ugly rubber armored tasco would be rediculous on anything else. I'd say the delta Hbar is like the Ruben sandwich of ARs... parts are all kinda iffy on their own but together they're delicious! Together with a Delta Elite 10mm...Perfect Pair! 46ADA602-897E-4D00-AEA3-A193C1459A27-261-00000085F85F8D69_tmp.jpg 46ADA602-897E-4D00-AEA3-A193C1459A27-261-00000085F85F8D69_tmp.jpg 4F60F16D-14C0-40D0-A066-394029C23C03-261-000000DD05087E73_tmp.png

I keep hoping to stumble across some delta parts so I can get my old 20" colt A2 upper back from my cousin and build one... Something about that red triangle and the cheek riser with the funky charge handle cut out... even the ugly rubber armored tasco would be rediculous on anything else. I'd say the delta Hbar is like the Ruben sandwich of ARs... parts are all kinda iffy on their own but together they're delicious! Together with a Delta Elite 10mm...Perfect Pair!View attachment 379255View attachment 379255 View attachment 379304
images-3.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top