JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So with all the extra time I have on my hands... :rolleyes:... I'm considering starting a little side gig. Since many of you here would hypothetically be my target audience, I'm curious if you would actually be interested.

So the idea would be to make custom display boxes/cases for firearms, knives or really whatever you wanted. Obviously this isn't anything new and can already be purchased. However, the hope would be since this is a small side operation I'm able to customize much more to suit customers tastes and items displayed. Sizes, shapes, materials, colors, etc...

Anyhow, let me know if any of you think this would be something you'd be interested in purchasing. If there are enough of you who say yes, I'll do a couple example peices and get things rolling. If not, no sweat and I'll just go about my day.

Last Edited:
Although I don't keep any of my weapons in a display box, I'm thinking of buying one from you just because I feel sorry for your typo in the thread title….

;) :D
200.gif

To be honest, I like seeing display boxes and such. However, with the world the way it is now, I'm not sure that is a wise place to keep a valuable firearm or other item. I have three gun cabinets in my home. One was my first cabinet given to me for Christmas by my parents. It has been converted to a music CD cabinet. The other two were built by my grandfather. I use one of those to store our board games and such. The other is used to store air rifles, cleaning rods, ammo, archery equipment and a black powder rifle and pistol. I may move the latter two to the gun safe. :(

Display boxes just show the bad guy where the guns are.
Also, in Oregun, if you don't store your guns in a safe and they are stolen, then you might be responsible for the crimes they are used in.
In addition, you have already committed a crime for not storing your guns in a safe.

Last Edited:
Something similar you might consider. Google "shadow box hunting" and take a look at the results. Takes similar skills to make as a firearm display case. Just a thought.

Certainly a market.
Try Craigslist and Etsy (as well as here) to build a client base. Interested to see pics of your display builds.
I wouldn't mind having a quick removable magnetic glass window frame 1911 display for my "Watchmen" stainless pistol build I'm
Doing this summer.

Yes and no. I've really wanted a display case for my grandfather's marlin lever action from the 1800's. Thought it would be cool to throw some 1800's silver dollars in there with it and his stetson.
But realistically, I doubt I have the funds for something like that.
Some day!

Yes and no. I've really wanted a display case for my grandfather's marlin lever action from the 1800's. Thought it would be cool to throw some 1800's silver dollars in there with it and his stetson.
But realistically, I doubt I have the funds for something like that.
Some day!
That would be a really cool collage display.

Costs can get tricky. Fortunately, since I'd be doing it as a passion project my expectation of fees is drastically reduced. I'd probably build each piece at a low flat rate plus materials.

If I charged my actual labor rate, then yeah no one would buy...

Display boxes in general are always nice. Like others have said here, a gun display that gets stolen could cause some legal issues. There are lots of other types of display boxes to build and lots of different market audiences. Good luck with you plans.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top