JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's my cheap AR:
$379 PSA Upper, 223 Wylde 18" 1:7, NiB BCG, 15" M-LOK handguard
$159 PSA Lower, Magpul MOE furniture, EPT fire control group
$ 64 (8) Troy 30 Round battle mags
$ 68 Magpul MBUS flip-up sights
==========
$670 Fully functional AR15

Shoots 77gr Projectiles at 2580 fps. Load them myself at ~17¢ per finished round.
Took her out for her first extended shooting session today. Was regularly 4MOA with the sights. Expect that with trigger time, could work it down to ~1MOA consistently.
If I were to change anything, I'd get a better trigger.

Cheap_Black_Rifle.jpg

I keep hearing this about the marked flooded with AR's. So i ask around at local gun shops and they all agree. So i ask to see some of these AR's and they hand me this rattly cheap feeling basic AR. I almost didn't even want to hold it. All the corners are sharp. The damn thing rattled worse than any rifle I have even seen. The grip felt awful and the stock was cheesy as hell. I rack it back to check the chamber and it makes this god awful scratching sound. So after a few trips to local shops, not my regular FFL I use, but just local gun shops. My conclusion is this. Yes its flooded with AR's but these things are pure garbage. I have a hard time even understanding why someone would want a $500 AR. Buy a quality rifle and you will be so much more happy. I see these piles at the range all the time and think to myself why not save your pennies and buy quality. You can only shoot one gun at a time anyways. Just my 2 cents.

Ok you have to take into account price and how relative it is to today. You don't mention what build the junk one you saw was. Even that "junk one" would have been selling for twice that price a very short time ago. I just bought a new .22 pistol I wanted. Paid $425 for it. Looking right now I can see some Anderson AR's for that price, some Made by Colt for $500, some by Ruger $500, even a S&W for 5 bills. Now to me that is rock bottom compared to any other time in my life. Last time I bought an AR was over a couple decades ago. I paid IIRC like $800. That was in 80's money. That would be how much now? Now you may not want to buy a $400 AR but when I paid $425 for that Ruger .22 I sure as hell made look at a Ruger AR for almost the same money. Even though I don't want an AR right now. To me that is some damn cheap AR's

I know that... it's a figure of... Nevermind
You got me curious though..

Interestingly enough Cerro is part of the Marmon Group, now owned by Warren Buffet(started his acusition 10 years ago), but before that The Pritzker family.
A.N. Pritzker actually scorned Public stock in favor of having more control...

''We don't believe in public business,'' he said. ''Any public corporation that seeks vast expansion has a conflict with shareholders. How do you keep the shareholders fully informed of what you're doing? You can kill a deal revealing information.''

So no not a public traded co.

Cheap ARs have their place. If they are functional, reliable and combat accurate they've held up their part of the agreement. Now if one is willing to pay extra for that "Cadillac" experience or want a sub moa tack driver they should expect to pay.

The market has changed from just a few years ago. You can get a quality new AR (M&P, Ruger, ect) for $500 from time to time. Whether those are garbage is a matter of opinion.

whether its amps, vans, guns or guitars, somebody's always going to take a dump on what makes someone else happy. Especially when it involves a price tag.

I like AR's because they are so cheap and common. I specifically built a 9mm and 308 in the AR platform to accompany my 556 for maximum cross compatibility and consistency of feel, no matter what im shooting. I could care less if someone thinks i'm a wannabe, or some AR bandwagon fanboy, all of my AR's work very well, cost very little, and are very cheap and easy to maintain.

My old Audi quattro was neat, fun, unique, and I will never forget it, but I trust my life and my future with my boring old econoline.

Sadly most don't want them. Ive made a nice collection for myself trading Andersons and DelTons to people who would rather have a "black gun" than grandpas "old gun". I shouldn't complain.

Cheap ARs have their place. If they are functional, reliable and combat accurate they've held up their part of the agreement. Now if one is willing to pay extra for that "Cadillac" experience or want a sub moa tack driver they should expect to pay.

The market has changed from just a few years ago. You can get a quality new AR (M&P, Ruger, ect) for $500 from time to time. Whether those are garbage is a matter of opinion.
Yeabut what if my he-man hands can squeeze the forearm plastic (gigity) yet somehow get all cut up on the sharp bits all the while the thing rattles like some castanets? come on, nobody got time for that

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top