JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This cheap, rattling and scratching AR you speak of is just in response to market demand. There was a sufficient demand at the lowest end of the market...

It's the modern Staurday Night Special...

Btw, I agree, spend a few hundred more and have a higher quality rifle... I'm frugal, but don't buy junk...

Frugal also means getting the most for your money....

AR's have both got cheap and got inexpensive (and no I dont mean the same thing)

There are after all $350 AR's that can be had new at the moment and to think you are getting the same quality as a Knights, Noveske or half a dozen other high end makers just because is silly. Of course its cheap, its cheap.

But good AR's have also dropped in price on the second hand market and there have been great deals on new rifles as well, they might still cost $1500, but they are inexpensive when you look at what you are buying.

I happen to love my cheap AR!! Goes bang when I tell it to and hits what I aim at. Not sure what more you need in one. Have I upgraded it yes of course but its still my go to if the SHTF and I am only into it about $800 with upgrades.

I happen to love my cheap AR!! Goes bang when I tell it to and hits what I aim at. Not sure what more you need in one. Have I upgraded it yes of course but its still my go to if the SHTF and I am only into it about $800 with upgrades.
But it won't hit a gnat in the bubblegum at 800 yards without the holy Noveske brand on it! :rolleyes:

Most of them will stay glued to the racks if people have any sense. Most overrated rifles ever. They're like the Big Mac--
"Billions Sold," but to relatively few who have any taste.

I'd rather have something truly interesting or even different, like a Tavor, Galil, a SCAR, a FAL, or a M1A.

ARs all but scream out wannabe--especially the cheap ones.

NO it won't but I couldn't do that with a Noveske! Maybe my Tikka but not my AR. :D
You could if you were also baptized by a bucket of dirty solvent that was used to clean a bunch of Noveske rifles. :rolleyes:

Most of them will stay glued to the racks if people have any sense. Most overrated rifles ever. They're like the Big Mac--

I'd rather have something truly interesting or even different, like a Tavor, Galil, a SCAR, a FAL, or a M1A.

AUG>Tavor. :D Okay completely biased there.

Honestly, I'd like a Galil, but if you're not building one it isn't cheap. And the Galil Ace is like the unloved child of a Galil, AR, and anything with a left side charging handle. Good rifle, but its not like the original if that's your thing.

wannabe able to build a fun to shoot rifle...and, wannabe able to still afford ammunition. Not that I wouldn't wannabe able to own a Scar or a Tavor, but I'd rather head off to the range, pick up a Big Mac for lunch, and shoot my ARs and look like a wannabe while hitting sub moa, with zero malfunctions all day long, while the guy next to me with his $3000 rifle scoffs at my mere $1200 home build, or worse my $600 Anderson...that are every bit as reliable and accurate as his, and oddly enough his targets are no more impressive than mine. what's worse.... a wannabe that makes his gun purchase decisions based on what he can afford and what makes him happy, or a tactical elitist that is just out to impress people at the range.

AR-15's and Jeeps, the Barbie dolls for men. Accessorize them all day long only to find out your neighbor has one just like it... lol

m4=barbi.jpg

Big $3k rifles aren't just accuracy... It could also be for the sake of collection. If I could I'd absolutely get a Dragunov, a Galil, or an actual FN FAL.

$1200 home build

Not that I wouldn't wannabe able to own a Scar or a Tavor
I mean... If you wait you could afford the Tavor. o_O I saw a Tavor being sold for $1,300 a few months ago.

A G3 is nice and all... But the Right Arm of the Free World has a better ring to the ears. :D

Nah I like the G3, its one of the big 3 of the Cold War. Everyone should have at least one of each. Its funny how the G3 only exists because FN didn't give Germany the license to build FALs though.

A G3 is nice and all... But the Right Arm of the Free World has a better ring to the ears. :D

Nah I like the G3, its one of the big 3 of the Cold War. Everyone should have at least one of each. Its funny how the G3 only exists because FN didn't give Germany the license to build FALs though.

The FAL is next on my list to acquire.....after three or four more cheap AR's.

I'm really enjoying the G3 clone right now. Finding over engineered surplus parts appeals to my nature.

P.S.......FN made a huge mistake by not allowing Germany to produce the FAL. There were eventually 7 million G3s produced vs 2 million FALs.

E

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews