JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's ironic how a 500$ AR will end up costing over a grand to kit it out properly.

This is sorta where I was going with this. When I pointed out the cheap grip and cheesy stock on these "budget " AR's. Forgot to mention the handguard felt like a piece of plastic from nintendos duck hund game lol. I imagine after a person who is new to these evil black rifles finally buys one and shoots few hundred rounds they will want to start upgrading parts. The problem here is they are polishing a turd .

This is sorta where I was going with this. When I pointed out the cheap grip and cheesy stock on these "budget " AR's. Forgot to mention the handguard felt like a piece of plastic from nintendos duck hund game lol. I imagine after a person who is new to these evil black rifles finally buys one and shoots few hundred rounds they will want to start upgrading parts. The problem here is they are polishing a turd .
Pray tell what brand was this terrible carbine you speak so lowly of?

Its kind of ironic, if the wrong person would have become President, these ''cheap'' AR's would be very expensive once again. Along with ammo, reloading supply's etc. It would really hurt to loose a very expensive AR, compared to a cheap one. Guess we'll see how it turns out in the next election, then we can revive this post to see how people feel then. :)

It's almost as if we are complaining.

E

Yeah, wasn't it maybe 3-4 years ago that same crappy plastic, rattling AR would be selling for at least $700?? Seems like those guns are right where they're supposed to be now.

I'm also a big fan of getting as many AR's into the hands of as many different Americans as possible. The more prolific they become, the harder it is down the road for the courts to try and put limits on them. Numbers matter in the courts game, so I'm hoping folks are taking the opportunity to buy their first AR - whether they shoot them or not, modify them or not, just having them benefits and helps protect our rights down the road.

I'm all about firearms as an investment.. In fact it's part of my retirement plan, but I also like having fun guns, like ARs, and cheap pistol cal carbines like a Sub2ks etc, and I wouldn't even be above a hipoint carbine if I came across one at the right time at the right price. It's all about bang for your buck. They may not increase in value, but they will always be a joy to shoot.

My $1200 AR was built a little at a time and is still a work in progress.. and as I change things the old parts upgrade other ars, or eventually add up and become another gun. In fact my BO pistol was born that way... that's something you can't do with most platforms. I think I have enough ARs for now(hmm) so I may just start looking into starting a HK91/G3 clone build or something like that. Possibly a sarco BM59 kit? My arsenal is seriously lacking .308. Id love a FAL, or a Galil... I don't wannabe a wannabe forever.

It's almost as if we are complaining.

E
If i come across that way I do apologize.
Yeah, wasn't it maybe 3-4 years ago that same crappy plastic, rattling AR would be selling for at least $700?? Seems like those guns are right where they're supposed to be now.

I'm also a big fan of getting as many AR's into the hands of as many different Americans as possible. The more prolific they become, the harder it is down the road for the courts to try and put limits on them. Numbers matter in the courts game, so I'm hoping folks are taking the opportunity to buy their first AR - whether they shoot them or not, modify them or not, just having them benefits and helps protect our rights down the road.

Interesting perspective. Thank you.

I guess I agree to an extent. Proper training and practice is more important than number of rifles out in the public. Also safety is a big deal especially if courts are involved.

If i come across that way I do apologize.

Interesting perspective. Thank you.

I guess I agree to an extent. Proper training and practice is more important than number of rifles out in the public. Also safety is a big deal especially if courts are involved.

I'm all for training and practice, but another consideration with the numbers is that the more folks own AR's the more folks have positive views of them - destroying the 'evil black rifle' stigma pushed so heavily the last 8 years. Those cheap AR's, so long as they're not a danger to the user, are a great choice for folks that are just starting out, or need a home defense gun, or maybe want to buy their first rifle. If they really like it, they can always move up later.

You know, what i'm hoping to see here soon is quality rifles at an affordable price. I do notice a lot of start up manufactures here in the Rogue valley turning their own barrels and even machining their own receiver sets. Hopefully this is where the trend is heading.

I have had two AR's that I consider on the low end a Ruger AR556 and a Delton sport lite probably about the cheapest there is. Both were / are very dependable. I have found no problems with my cheap ARs
I have 2 Del-ton sports and really like them. I had a Ruger sr556 that I paid more than twice for and would take the Del-ton Sport

You know, what i'm hoping to see here soon is quality rifles at an affordable price. I do notice a lot of start up manufactures here in the Rogue valley turning their own barrels and even machining their own receiver sets. Hopefully this is where the trend is heading.
If you are referring to VSeven out of Grants Pass, they are actually owned and ran by the original lead tech from Noveske... he left and started V7 when Noveske died. I have a set of thier recievers, and a few other parts, very high quality. They actually found a niche in the market by using titanium, and lightweight alloys. Definitely not low priced though.

If you are referring to VSeven out of Grants Pass, they are actually owned and ran by the original lead tech from Noveske... he left and started V7 when Noveske died. I have a set of thier recievers, and a few other parts, very high quality. They actually found a niche in the market by using titanium, and lightweight alloys. Definitely not low priced though.
I know Joel actually. Yeah Vseven makes great stuff. I was speaking generally about lots of start up companies around here and I image around the nation.

I know Joel actually. Yeah Vseven makes great stuff. I was speaking generally about lots of start up companies around here and I image around the nation.
Unfortunately I don't think many of them will last. V7 has/will because of its roots, and lightweight niche... So will some of the others like Mega, Aero, and Ballistics Advantage because they have merged with other solid companies (Mega with Zev, Aero with BA Etc.) and have become well established and respected... but I go on gun deal search engines and find links to new startups all the time, battening with lower prices to try to stay above water. Hard to do when competing with bulk dealers like PSA, and Anderson.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top