JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watched a thought provoking vid on Youtube a while back where the guy made a valid case that marauders won't be the problem, but rather those who could be classified as "rule followers"....they will be the ones spying on everyone and making the phone calls. Plenty of them right here on NWFA based upon the responses I've read in the C00f1984 threads....those easily swayed about a threat real or promulgated and demanding dot gov provide protection, masks, money, and toilet paper.

Don't we have marauders now? Basically people who commit crimes get "detained" and walk free the same day? Arrested 60 or 70 times and keep escalating until they take someone 's life and are finally locked up for a few years. Then they are set loose to do it again.
what the hell is wrong with this picture?

Morning gents, I enjoyed reading the opinions posted after I went to bed...most of them :D

I am having a lot of fun reading your opinions as it makes me think and compare. All folks do that I guess and I wonder who is looking for solutions or are they just looking for agreement (there has to be a better word than agreement:confused:).

As an old man I have watched way to many movies in my life but sometimes the words in a movie reflect real life.

A favorite Western had a character say " if you listen close men will tell you their evil intentions".

Hopefully those telling everyone they will be criminals end up like the movie bad guys.....and leave me the beautiful woman to live happy ever after with.:s0140::D:s0093:

Morning gents, I enjoyed reading the opinions posted after I went to bed...most of them :D

I am having a lot of fun reading your opinions as it makes me think and compare. All folks do that I guess and I wonder who is looking for solutions or are they just looking for agreement (there has to be a better word than agreement:confused:).

As an old man I have watched way to many movies in my life but sometimes the words in a movie reflect real life.

A favorite Western had a character say " if you listen close men will tell you their evil intentions".

Hopefully those telling everyone they will be criminals end up like the movie bad guys.....and leave me the beautiful woman to live happy ever after with.:s0140::D:s0093:
Good Morning, I think you were looking for the word Affirmation. I agree its interesting and informative to have these discussions, I truly respect all here who share thoughts and Ideas. The fact you have thought about and played out plans in your minds puts you ahead of most!

Good Morning, I think you were looking for the word Affirmation. I agree its interesting and informative to have these discussions, I truly respect all here who share thoughts and Ideas. The fact you have thought about and played out plans in your minds puts you ahead of most!
Love to read a lot of different authors and what I gather from all of them is you have a better chance if you look at how people behave then form a strategy should violence head your way. If you don't look at what people do because you have cognitive dissonance then everything is unexpected. Reading opinions that are full of strategies and solutions help settle any angst about the future for me....even though I don't have a lot of years left.:eek:

Just ribbin' ya a tad. Not trying to annoy ya. Sorry if i did.

I always liked this speech from Charlie Chaplin. Would be nice if it could be true, But as long as there is greed we will always have these struggles. Its kinda funny how the left edits this same speech and takes out the parts they don't agree with to suit their agenda

Unfortunately more people than not prefer captivity for a little perceived "security" that would-be tyrants are all too happy to pretend to provide.

-spontaneous Stomperism #2,367,874

when I was a young apprentice electrician I was being a bit arrogant one day and this old journeyman I was working for looked at me and said "the dumbest guy you will ever work with, can teach you something if you will let him." and went back to work! Now I am not capable of doing that all the time but I try, point being you DON'T have to do what they say but someday it might be handy to know that option.

when I was a young apprentice electrician I was being a bit arrogant one day and this old journeyman I was working for looked at me and said "the dumbest guy you will ever work with, can teach you something if you will let him." and went back to work! Now I am not capable of doing that all the time but I try, point being you DON'T have to do what they say but someday it might be handy to know that option.

So…. Someday you MIGHT use your wiener as a NCV tracer?

hint…. don't do it!! :s0108:

Opening up the welcome wagon with 60 rounds of sustained fire before a mag change tends to cause people to rethink their life choices.
Personally, I prefer the welcome wagon to be a neighborhood affair with fire coming from as many different directions and people as possible until such time as there is either:

1) No one left standing or
2) No ammo left

Interesting.

Their plan and execution seems flawed though; they relied on the fact that nobody would turn "state's evidence" and allowed witnesses. The only way to keep a secret is to only have one person know the secret. As long as any of those witnesses are alive, the people who shot McElroy are in danger as murder has no statute of limitations.

A single person shooting him where and when there were no witnesses would be just as effective. Indeed, having McElroy just "disappear" would be even more effective IMO. Theoretically, no body, no crime.

Don't we have marauders now? Basically people who commit crimes get "detained" and walk free the same day? Arrested 60 or 70 times and keep escalating until they take someone 's life and are finally locked up for a few years. Then they are set loose to do it again.
what the hell is wrong with this picture?
The difference between now and SHTF is that we do have law enforcement. In the supposed SHTF scenario, "marauders" are not arrested so the response falls directly on citizens.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top