JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ditto. Well, I drop kicked all booze a while ago and couldn't be happier with the results. :s0155:
Yup - I had a serious drinking problem as a teen, then couldn't afford booze afterwards (married, child, etc.), then rarely imbibed.

I think the last time I got slightly intoxicated was about 20 years ago. I just have no reason to since.

Now, with my heart meds - alcohol is no bueno.

From the article:
"the main challenge now for California is no longer about getting enough precipitation; it's about finding somewhere to store all that water, so farmers and urban-dwellers can use it in the likely dry spells to come."

They can't do that. That would spoil a perfectly good on-going crisis for the dims.

I believe that is why over the years the Salton Sea, once a glorious Hollywood 60s get away resort, is now a smelly wasteland where homes sell for $5k. In my 20s I ate clams(?) or fish out of their when living out of a van and a guy came running over to try and stop me. In my best Chris Farley voice I said FU I am starving!!!

Gary and Dino podcasters have a get together there every year. I need to go there for old times sake. Hang out where Frank Sinatra and others did. Just close your eye and NOSE and imagine.

Salton Sea CA.jpg

Last Edited:
Other than the usual propaganda about climate change the rest of the article is actually halfway decent considering it came from CNN.

I would posit the greater problem is 1. over development in an area already sensitive to water shortages.
2. El nino which shows up every few years so why is that really to blame as this is a regular pattern!
3. Poor management of water resources as they have allowed for continued development.

How long has it been since they last untook a solid expansion of their storage resources. Best guess is its been a while.

this story shows why you have water storage and your location for just when the government decides who can have and can't.

Article is devoid of needed facts. How much less rainfall are they getting than in the past? How much has Columbia population increased? (about 4 fold over the last 60 years, I had to look it up, kind of an important factor, as we are discussing the possibility of rationing....), how has infrastructure kept up with this population increase? There is no sense arguing over the science/lack of science concerning "climate change", everybody has their heels dug in deep, so let's ask why populations of people are accepting answers such as rationing and behavioral changes. Regardless of climate change, would it not be proper to have you water infrastructure keep up with an exploding population? Or are we supposed to believe that is no longer possible?

Article is devoid of needed facts. How much less rainfall are they getting than in the past? How much has Columbia population increased? (about 4 fold over the last 60 years, I had to look it up, kind of an important factor, as we are discussing the possibility of rationing....), how has infrastructure kept up with this population increase? There is no sense arguing over the science/lack of science concerning "climate change", everybody has their heels dug in deep, so let's ask why populations of people are accepting answers such as rationing and behavioral changes. Regardless of climate change, would it not be proper to have you water infrastructure keep up with an exploding population? Or are we supposed to believe that is no longer possible?
How much water is used to support illegal drug crops? That would be an interesting statistic…

Good news? Bad news?

Aloha, Mark
Expected news. Sure, in the face of climate change, let's remove our sources of stored fresh water, for all kinds of imaginary reasons. I feel pretty safe in saying that, down to the last human, when you get thirsty, you are not going to give an F about some fish. One might contend that this is all about control.

A colleague mentioned a post- apocalypse genre book "Dry" one of her kiddos was reading & her along with. High school senior kiddo.

Sounded end stage of the topic of this thread.

May be worth a look?

-Convo also went into firearms for a short minute by her. Seems she may be headed in a better direction as towards such for her family, 2A wise. Will help, depending. Super intelligent scientist, however also moderately "brainwashed" soccer-mom (ish).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top