JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
-Just imagine if you were with your near there. You hear the commotion of this rally and decide to walk around/away from it.

You round a corner and see a man pointing a pistol at an unarmed crowd...

You could easily find yourself in a situation of using justified lethal force. Ugh!

--immediate unavoidable risk of death or grave injury to the innocent--

-Just imagine if you were with your near there. You hear the commotion of this rally and decide to walk around/away from it.

You could easily find yourself in a situation of using justified lethal force. Ugh!

Great point.

Result - clusterf**k

A confrontation of stupid by stupid.

People seem to enjoy debating about rights and whatnot in such cases, but I don't concern myself too much with them because they have little to do with ordinary life. It's the ordinary people doing ordinary things, getting stomped on, that I think is more worthy of our attention.

Your firearm is an option you have to use or not use. Just look how little time this guy exposed his pistol and the resulting $$$, time and lasting effect this will have on his life. I am not in a hurry to get mixed up in other people's s***. If they are truly a victim like at the 7/11 guy with the machete, that's different but I can't be in a hurry to jeopardize my wife, kid, house, career...and the people you intended to help will honestly say thanks, but that's about it.

Not really sure what to make of this yet. From what I can tell (so far) it seems many basic carry rules were broken here. What are your thoughts?

I understand that tensions are high with these BLM-related shootings, protests, etc. but please try to keep this thread civil and on-topic.

Man with gun at Portland protest charged with 2 felonies (http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/man-with-gun-at-portland-protest-charged-with-2-felonies/267984309)
This guy has been stirring the pot for a long time. He made his bed. Now he gets to sleep in it.

Did he get the result that was intended by drawing? Yes as advances immediately ceased. I do believe this to be the worst time to pull a firearm, aiming at a crowd where as there were a handful of people closing in there were atleast a dozen more that had nothing to do with the situation in the line of fire. KNOW YOUR BACKSTOP AND WHAT IS BEHIND IT, DO NOT AIM AT ANYTHING YOU DO NOT INTEND TO SHOOT. In a state flourishing with CHL holders this sort of action may have serious consequences to our image as owners/carriers.
Should there be restrictions on having a weapon even in the middle of a protest? I think not as nobody should be able to dictate when, where or how you defend yourself. I was taught that a firearm is your life raft and to be used in emergency not to defuse a situation.

I'm waiting for all the evidence to come in, but it doesn't look very good in most of the video that has been released. Please remember that what has been released so far comes from sources unfriendly or outright hostile to Strickland and some of what I've read are lies, such as this from the link in post 4:

Ben Kerensa, 32, was among those who confronted Strickland initially. "We just wanted him to leave." Strickland is involved with a YouTube channel, Laughing at Liberals, which shows up at leftist protests to film people and put them online. Kerensa claims, "Strickland takes pictures of women and minorities, puts them online with their names and addresses. He stalks them and harasses them."​

In the video in post 22 you can see that a very large and agitated man was being restrained and Strickland at that time was much closer and surrounded by protesters. Too bad there wasn't audio at that point.

Strickland is a thorn in the side of those we oppose, many of whom are very powerful and will do whatever they can to make sure he discredited and punished, guilty or not. Remember, the a$$hat that broke his arm called Senators Burdick and Prozanski immediately afterward, and no he never went to jail for that assault.

Strickland is the one who proved that Ginny Burdick lied in order to avoid a town hall meeting with constituents that included people who wanted to speak against her gun control agenda. Strickland is also the one who got her to admit on camera that her goal was registration and confiscation.

Let's wait for the facts to be released before we try him as harshly as he will be tried by those who are dedicated to take our rights away.

Wow, how many more BLM rallies are going to result in violence or shootings? I would NEVER attend a BLM rally, as I see it as a catalyst for destruction. Honestly, based on raw data, the number of black Americans being shot by cops pails in comparison to the number being shot by another black American. And really....its 2016. Will racism ever fade away? Will white people ever stop judging black people. And will black people ever stop feeling oppressed? With ISIS in every major country in the world it amazes me that we aren't joining together as HUMANS to destroy the real enemy.

Wow, how many more BLM rallies are going to result in violence or shootings? I would NEVER attend a BLM rally, as I see it as a catalyst for destruction. Honestly, based on raw data, the number of black Americans being shot by cops pails in comparison to the number being shot by another black American. And really....its 2016. Will racism ever fade away? Will white people ever stop judging black people. And will black people ever stop feeling oppressed? With ISIS in every major country in the world it amazes me that we aren't joining together as HUMANS to destroy the real enemy.

A lot of changes need to happen in order to make all these problems right. As I've said before, the main focus and energy of our government right now needs to be on sewing seeds for the future. Education, jobs, economy and governmental/corruption reform. Watch as crime plummets over time. Watch as "gun violence" becomes a near non issue, watch as racial tensions heal as minority communities (hell, all communities) become better educated and trained for success in our rapidly changing world. NOT just leeching off social welfare programs. Watch as people become less mistrusting of our leaders.

There's focus on jobs and economy in today's political environment, but nobody seems to be making a very big deal on our failing education system. And I don't mean college. It's too late by then for most people. These are long term changes though, and not politically charging or glorious so.... we'll just continue with the sensationalism I guess? Including attacking 2A.

/end rant

Can't unite against the real enemy, when our leadership is distracting us with the whole BLM and white cops are bad narrative.

The POTUS specifically named the felons shot in LA and MN, but failed to mention by name the five police officers slaughtered in Dallas... Tells me everything I need to know...

Does anything else need to be said about the narrative?!?!?

I haven't been really watching this, but a few things do stand out to me! One; this reporter is there to report on these protests and to show how off the reservation they really are (this makes him enemy #1 in the leftist, elietest, anti's book) Two; he has been attacked by the mob before, so feels compelled to arm him self while doing what he feels he must. Three, we see that those in power are willing to use that power to silence him, restrict his 1st AND 2nd rights, that should be a clue as to whats in store for us all! I don't know the facts and I don't know much about this guy, but I think this isn't going to end well for him ( right or wrong) I think the powers that be have finally pushed his buttons forcing him to act, and that fits the need to get rid of him, or at the least marginalize and disarm and discredit him!

I haven't been really watching this, but a few things do stand out to me! One; this reporter is there to report on these protests and to show how off the reservation they really are (this makes him enemy #1 in the leftist, elietest, anti's book) Two; he has been attacked by the mob before, so feels compelled to arm him self while doing what he feels he must. Three, we see that those in power are willing to use that power to silence him, restrict his 1st AND 2nd rights, that should be a clue as to whats in store for us all! I don't know the facts and I don't know much about this guy, but I think this isn't going to end well for him ( right or wrong) I think the powers that be have finally pushed his buttons forcing him to act, and that fits the need to get rid of him, or at the least marginalize and disarm and discredit him!

You are spot on.

They know who he is, they have pushed, pushed and pushed to the point where he felt that he needed to react.

Seriously, I don't know how many armchair warriors on this board have done as much as he has to show the fallacies in these groups. He is hated by them pure and simple.

Who else has seen the vast majority of his videos?

I've never even heard of him until today. Can anyone show us how he has positively influenced our 2A rights or persuaded lawmakers to? I've shaken the hand of EVERY customer in my store that flies their Veteran colors, applauded the open carriers and even convinced a few co-workers that guns are NOT evil. Does that make me an armchair quarterback or a guy in his house quietly fighting for our rights and NOT charged with two felonies? Come on guys, we are going to lose this fight, whether what this dude did was right or wrong. Showing up at a BLM rally with a gun and being white has to set at least SOME of your spidey-senses into a tizzy.

Go back 5 months +, you can find stuff. Exposure, just because you have seen it doesn't mean it's not there.

Just saying..

I've also been at hearings where he has stepped from the camera to give testimony. He is very knowledgeable and while well spoken does not back down. I wonder how many who criticize him have even showed up to defend the 2A or even to a rally (which he also videos).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top