JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Then......
We got those people......
Who will "wear their mask" around their neck. NOT actually covering their mouth/nose area.

Rrrright......are they "wearing a mask"?

Must this really need to go to court to define "wearing"?

Aloha, Mark

So, what medical condition would be a reason for not wearing a mask? And since you are apparently a medical professional, what are the negative health aspects of wearing a mask?

I hate wearing a mask as it fogs up my glasses and I feel more out of breath while wearing one, but maybe that's just mental. Am curious as to any legitimate concerns with mask wearing.

There isnt a legitimate medical reason to not wear a mask. Just think of all the people who wear masks at their jobs every day. Doctors, nurses, dentists, hazmat teams, construction workers, miners, asbestos removers. Its why there is usually a whole section of masks at every hardware store.

Just think of the thousands and thousands of hours a surgeon spends in surgery wearing a mask and is still smart enough to be a surgeon.

Im thinking of just the millions of people we have saved from suffering from pneumoconioses from using masks. Coal miners lung, Silicosis, asbestosis, berylliosis, aluminosis, Bauxite fibrosis

A mask is a mild inconvenience at best.

Its such a stupid reason for people the draw the line in the sand. The second amendment is pretty much gone, its illegal to say certain pronouns in California, Habeas corpus is no more, politicians are all corrupt and masks are the reason people decided to have a fit about.

Most of those masks have an unobstructed exhaust valve, negating the touted major benefits of a mask as it relates to COVID-19, so there's that ....

True the valve does nothing helpful if the person is sick.

I looked back through my pictures. on 2/10/20 I took a picture of all the masks at my local Ace Hardware because I was sure they would be gone in no time and wanted to inform my coworkers to get some. Only one of them had a valve. What they had the most of the standard 3M 8210 N95 with no valve and the 3m 1/2 face masks with p100 filters. So my hardware store supply was actually pretty good for a pandemic. Then they were all sold out soon thereafter and have not seen any since.

A Must Read by Mike Rowe: I'm Not Ignoring COVID

His use of the word "breathless" as a descriptor seems very fitting, given the topic. I wonder if that was unintentional or if Mike has some dark humor in him?

There isnt a legitimate medical reason to not wear a mask. Just think of all the people who wear masks at their jobs every day. Doctors, nurses, dentists, hazmat teams, construction workers, miners, asbestos removers. Its why there is usually a whole section of masks at every hardware store.

Just think of the thousands and thousands of hours a surgeon spends in surgery wearing a mask and is still smart enough to be a surgeon.

Im thinking of just the millions of people we have saved from suffering from pneumoconioses from using masks. Coal miners lung, Silicosis, asbestosis, berylliosis, aluminosis, Bauxite fibrosis

A mask is a mild inconvenience at best.

Its such a stupid reason for people the draw the line in the sand. The second amendment is pretty much gone, its illegal to say certain pronouns in California, Habeas corpus is no more, politicians are all corrupt and masks are the reason people decided to have a fit about.

Jesus himself could part the clouds, ride down on a glowing pegasus, turn your whole prepper supply of water to wine, and cure your granddaddy's glaucoma and if he dare hand some people a mask, he'll be strung up on a pole for the second time. :rolleyes:

True the valve does nothing helpful if the person is sick.
I had a painters style (3M 6000 series) N95 mask and some 3M disposable masks, as well as a 6000 series full face mask, all for working on various things in the shop. Every single one has an exhaust valve, even the disposables. They were all acquired several years back.

Newer masks are both cheaper and probably marketed with COVID more in mind, but those are not the ones people who exert themselves ("construction workers, miners, asbestos removers ") while wearing a mask generally prefer for obvious reasons.

Covid is not supposed to be spread via aerosol - (gaseous suspension). This means your breath cannot transmit covid. Large particles people shoot out through a cough or sneeze can transmit covid and that's really where the masks could help.
I would think the construction masks would work well enough unless you breathe like Darth Vader.

Two doctors on Youtube said wearing a mask in a flu environment is like a fish wearing a rain-coat. Of course all these doctor videos who disagreed with the official narrative: WERE ALL GONNA DIE HORRIBLY! have been taken down. That's another thread.

Last Edited:
For some an anthill; that said the Mask Mob all seem to be looking for a fight, even if it's just "you're not wearing it the way *I* think you should." I also find it curious that thy love to get right up into smell-toecheese-on-their-breath range when they're SUPPOSED to be six feet away...
Said it before, masks make people think the 6' rule no longer applies, like it's a magic talisman, or that they personally are now exempt but not others.

This means your breath cannot transmit covid. Large particles people shoot out through a cough or sneeze can transmit covid
We can all ditch the masks forever if we simply condition ourselves to 'Run, Duck, and Cover!' every time someone sneezes.

Next, those closest to the sneezer would tackle them to the ground much as you see in rugby matches.

With a national program we could all be retrained to react spontaneously, without thought - through muscle memory!
- thus ending the need for masks and maybe the entire epidemic . . .

Last Edited:
Covid is not supposed to be spread via aerosol - (gaseous suspension). This means your breath cannot transmit covid. Large particles people shoot out through a cough or sneeze can transmit covid and that's really where the masks could help.
I would think the construction masks would work well enough unless you breathe like Darth Vader.

Two doctors on Youtube said wearing a mask in a flu environment is like a fish wearing a rain-coat. Of course all these doctor videos who disagreed with the official narrative: WERE ALL GONNA DIE HORRIBLY! have been taken down. That's another thread.
Have you ever noticed that some people spit when they talk? I do, sometimes, when I get excited and animated. If I'm exercising and breathing heavily I will also exhale breath that is likely to have some moisture. Also, for other reasons when people are projecting their voices (e.g. singing) there will be particles of fluid that leave the body. If the person has the virus in their body (whether symptomatic or not), those particles can carry the virus into the air, through the air, into your eyes, nose, or mouth and infect you. A mask will stop most of those particles (and the viruses, if any, that they carry) from getting in your nose and mouth.

As for the "official narrative," science is not a conspiracy. If there a doctors giving bad advice, they should not be part of the narrative.

We can all ditch the masks forever if we simply condition ourselves to 'Run, Duck, and Cover!' every time someone sneezes.

Next, those closest to the sneezer would tackle them to the ground much as you see in rugby matches.

With a national program we could all be retrained to react spontaneously, without thought - through muscle memory!
- thus ending the need for masks and maybe the entire epidemic . . .
You mean saying, "bless you" doesn't do it?

As for the "official narrative," science is not a conspiracy. If there a doctors giving bad advice, they should not be part of the narrative

It makes sense how wearing a mask could prevent the spread of influenza, but CDC studies say 'not so'.
Here are conclusions regarding wearing of masks:

"In this review, we did not find evidence to support a protective effect of personal protective measures or environmental measures in reducing influenza transmission."

"Although mechanistic studies support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza."

"In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks..."

So what doctors are insisting everyone wear a mask? Maybe they should not be part of the narrative.

The reference is: "Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings---Personal Protective and Environmental Measures." Published in: "Emerging Infectious Diseases, Vol.26, No. 5, May 2020." (That journal is published by the CDC.)
Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews