JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I for one, would not like to have a gun fight over a face mask. I dont think this is the old west anymore.

There are always two sides to these stories and all we have so far is the "victims" side of this one. I'll wait to hear more before passing judgment in the the way many of you have on this gun owner.

Many of these authoritarian mask proponents are unhinged right now. They have a mandate and by god they are going to see it fullfilled. There have been several reports of physical threats of violence being made against non mask wearers.

In those instances, maybe they merit getting a muzzle pushed into their chest.

-E-

I have patients with lung disease who desat (oxygen drops) into the 80% range just walking 10 ft and they can wear a mask.

So, what medical condition would be a reason for not wearing a mask? And since you are apparently a medical professional, what are the negative health aspects of wearing a mask?

I hate wearing a mask as it fogs up my glasses and I feel more out of breath while wearing one, but maybe that's just mental. Am curious as to any legitimate concerns with mask wearing.

So, what medical condition would be a reason for not wearing a mask? And since you are apparently a medical professional, what are the negative health aspects of wearing a mask?

I hate wearing a mask as it fogs up my glasses and I feel more out of breath while wearing one, but maybe that's just mental. Am curious as to any legitimate concerns with mask wearing.

I think his point was that even people with terribly degraded lungs can wear masks and so people saying they have a mask sensitive medical condition is pretty bogus.

The glasses fogging thing though -- that's a real issue. It's solvable with a vented mask but then the vent sort of defeats the purpose.

Most ironic statement of the eve.:s0140:

I realize that english is hard, but I think the word you are trying to use is "hypocritical"".

Many of the posts on the first page of this thread are calling for Customer #1 to in some fashion lose his gun rights. Not my words or posts. Go read for yourself.

The thing about "victims" is that when they tell their version of events, details often get deliberately left out of the story that might paint the "victim" as not being as much of a victim as they would like us to believe. For this reason, I'll wait for more info thank you.

-E-

" I give it a 50/50 chance that the person "asking" wasn't asking but was instead berating. That still doesn't justify a gun. "

The only speech that does justify pulling a gun is that demanding that you hand over your property or a death threat.
Period.

This goes way beyond masks. If any store has a rule with which I cannot abide, I'm not going there to defy them and wave a gun around.

Last Edited:
Hard to weigh in on these sort of events without getting burned. Many feel you are either with us or against us. Never any consequence for the instigator which In my mind, on the same level of insidiousness. Every victim receives national press that they were on the verge of sainthood when they were shot or otherwise wronged according to the manifesto of the press while those outside their allegiance are destroyed or ignored. It becomes increasingly difficult not to become cynical of any incident not witnessed by my own eyes. If no gun or mask had been involved and they were school kids, the coin likely would have been flipped with just as many yelling bully to the big mouth that started it. They should have hauled them both in for reckless public endangerment as in my view, no one was in the right here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads