JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I looked in the "search," didn't see another thread about this. This happened Thursday at the Fred Meyer on Trosper Road in Tumwater. A customer was walking around in the store without a mask. Another customer asked him to put one on. Customer #1 took umbrage at that suggestion and pulled a concealed handgun out and pointed it at customer #2. The police were called, customer #1 resisted arrest and was hauled off. He was charged with assault in the first degree, obstructing justice and resisting arrest. Over a face mask. This is an example of how some people can get in trouble by carrying a gun. What might just have been a silly argument turned into serious charges. Certain people just get carried away, can't resist the urge to project power. Very likely customer #1 won't be having this problem in the future. As least not involving a concealed handgun.

Sounds like we all will be glad that his responsibility to carry will be relieved from him...

EDIT: I shouldn't speak for others...I'm glad. Before he did something even more stupid and hurt our chances to continue to fight these anti-2A nuts.

There are a lot of people out there about to loose their sh!t. :s0118: :s0112:

If you're gonna follow this guys lead.
Then you may as well follow through and actually shoot yourself in the foot.

Last Edited:
Anyone who pulls a gun for being asked to wear a mask doesn't deserve the tight to own firearms.

What a child.

Wearing masks is part of life right now. Yes it sucks, yes it probably doesn't even help, but it's what is required and doesn't hurt you :

I absolutely hate it, but I do it to help protect others.
Because as a good human being I care more about others than I do for my own selfish comfort or ideals.

If you don't like it then go be a homesteader.
And don't go to those places that require them.

How the hell do people rationalize this? Do they not have enough brainpower to look ahead and think, oh the outcome isn't worth the trouble Ill get in?

I just flash 'em this and they melt... AB448E49-1244-4E26-A8E0-70045CB319DB.jpeg

''Pick the mountain you want to die on''.

For some it's a hill. :s0108:
For some an anthill; that said the Mask Mob all seem to be looking for a fight, even if it's just "you're not wearing it the way *I* think you should." I also find it curious that thy love to get right up into smell-toecheese-on-their-breath range when they're SUPPOSED to be six feet away...

Silly thing to pull a gun over. Would have been an equally silly thing to get shot over. Dude should have got a Fred Mayer associate to enforce the policy rather than play mask police. People are pissed off about any number of things and going stir crazy right now, probably best not to assume someone will react well when you get in their business.

Anyone who pulls a gun for being asked to wear a mask doesn't deserve the tight to own firearms.

What a child.

Wearing masks is part of life right now. Yes it sucks, yes it probably doesn't even help, but it's what is required and doesn't hurt you :

I absolutely hate it, but I do it to help protect others.
Because as a good human being I care more about others than I do for my own selfish comfort or ideals.

If you don't like it then go be a homesteader.
And don't go to those places that require them.
I get so tired of hearing "I wear a mask to protect others" when in fact we wear a mask because we have been ordered to by our coward governor. If you truly wear a mask to protect others then I would assume you wear one at home to protect family members as they are more important than strangers. If you are sick stay in your room.

I get so tired of hearing "I wear a mask to protect others" when in fact we wear a mask because we have been ordered to by our coward governor. If you truly wear a mask to protect others then I would assume you wear one at home to protect family members as they are more important than strangers. If you are sick stay in your room.

Now. Now.

You're getting yourself all worked up.

You know, there was a time when this country didn't collectively wet the bed at the slightest little thing... Hong Kong Flu '68 makes this look like a fart not just in per-capita but in absolute numbers and life went on as usual around it.

If government clamped down over the slightest little thing that could kill you, we'd all we locked in rubber rooms left with only sucking our thumbs to break the boredom...

I don't have older folks or sickly in my house.
I do have a friend who is a quadriplegic with health issues and yes I wear a mask to protect him. If he gets it, he will probably die.
And I love him. So I wear a mask, even when the govt doesn't force me too.

I went to church today. Who told us, we ask that you wear a mask (I was volunteering, as I usually do, because I like to help others) we were told, if you see someone not wearing a mask, that's their decision, be it health or other reasons. Don't ask them to put one on or why they aren't wearing one. Just respect them.

I didn't have to wear one, however, we have a lot of elderly people and people with health issues.
So I wore one to protect them.

Yes to answer you question. Yes.

Now. Now.

You're getting yourself all worked up.
You might be right. I have a couple of family members who spout off about their mask protecting others while sitting in my living room chatting with no mask on. I guess grandpa and nana don't need protecting, and we don't. I wear a mask because the governor ordered us to or he will hurt store owners. Geezers are easily triggered sometimes.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads