JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happened in Dulles, VA. The NBC Washington logo is for the DC station (Dulles is a suburb of DC).

However, accused was found guilty of "malicious discharge into an occupied dwelling" with up to 2-10 yrs jail time and up to $100k fine (class 4 felony in VA), so perhaps a pyrrhic victory... and he's been in jail since April. Defense lawyer will try to get judge to set aside the conviction later in October.

Agree this is a great example of the need for non-lethal deterrents like pepper spray. I consider this a bad shoot but a very fortunate outcome for the accused, considering it could be much much worse. And yes the youtuber was a huge ***hole and he did FA & FO.

That makes more sense vs happening in Washington state. I didn't bother to Google Dulles mall for location.

Definitely a bad shoot 😆. That guy went from "stop it" to blasting in like 4 seconds.

But to be fair to the shooter he was a food delivery driver ie uber eats or door dash, so I can assume his f***s to give had all but ran out.

I didn't watch the whole thing, any idea how long they were harassing the guy before the shooting?
Not really. The video starts and it looks like they were already messing with the guy. That interaction only lasted another 10-20 seconds before guy pulls out a pocket pistol and shoots.

Exactly why I am familiar with, and can articulate the concept of "disparity of force"
Disparity of force means nothing if the "suspect/aggressor" hasn't said anything or done anything to warrant a violent response.

Infact the "victim" if that's what you want to call him was the first one to make physical contact.

People need to thicken up their skin and learn to walk.

Beta male who can't handle conflict or uncomfortable scenarios without using a gun. Probably lives in his moms basement and doesn't have a dad in the picture.

I don't care that the prankster got shot. I wouldn't care if the shooter got locked up for manslaughter.

Stupid on both ends.

I'm amazed he got acquitted…..
+1. The dude what guilty of being annoying AF but unless there was something said that I missed or that didn't get picked up on the video, there did not appear to be a threat.

The dude is lucky he was acquitted but nobody goes through something like this and wins...the stress of court, the cost of attorneys, the loss from work, damage to reputation, etc. Most of this could probably have been avoided with a $15 can of pepper spray.

Good thing the defender wasn't using a 9mm, cause the aggressor would have lost his lungs, blown clean out of his body…

Which come to think of it wouldn't have been a loss at all. One less a-hole in the world.

Aggressor should have backed off when told to. Violating another persons personal space and then pursuing them, yup, gotta expect something bad to happen.

And to Monday morning quarterback…. Agreed, pepper spray would have been the better option.

Not sure if this video will load but a delivery guy shoots a YouTube prankster in stomach and was acquitted by a jury.

I think he was a little hasty to just whip it out and shoot but FAFO i reckon 🤣. Maybe the young man learned his lesson.

Hasty for sure.. regardless at least he didn't mag dump.

That was a bad shooting. There was no threat of death or great bodily damage. Pepper spray would work, but so would a punch in many cases. For those that are not comfortable with doing either of those, a poke in the eyes, a kick in the balls, then GTFO of there works nearly all of the time which is why it is commonly given advice in women's self defense classes.
There doesn't have to be a threat. There has to be a (reasonably) perceived threat.

And there wasn't of death or great bodily injury.

Anyway, all of the guys in the video are idiots.
It appears that the jury isn't convinced that the shooter was acting in such a manner to justify being convicted of the relevant accused crime. Whether we, as NWFA members, see the same thing, is immaterial to the case.

I'm not saying it couldn't have been handled better, though. It really shouldn't have gone down that way, from either side, IMO

Infact the "victim" if that's what you want to call him was the first one to make physical contact.
This was my thought as well - AND he had turned and was on his way to separating himself from the idiot 'prankster'.

People need to thicken up their skin and learn to walk.
Ditto this. I recently had an encounter with a loudmouth neckbreather who accused me of walking in front of him at a store aisle. And I'll admit I did, sort of but it wasn't malicious and more of a case of it appearing as though the guy didn't appear to be really looking at anything - but just had to 'show his azz' and to get 'puffed up'. Had I NOT walked away, or became argumentative, I believe this guy would have taken it further, as he appeared to be an uneducated, uncultured angry local idiot who probably intimidates everyone he can. A couple customers saw this and basically referenced the same about the guy to me after seeing what happened.
Beta male who can't handle conflict or uncomfortable scenarios without using a gun. Probably lives in his moms basement and doesn't have a dad in the picture.
Colie doesn't appear too bright, not too confident, and fearful of things around him. Probably not entirely his fault but His impulsive drawing and shooting are evidence of this. I'd guess and say this is NOT the first time the 'pranksters' encountered him and were probably 'taunting' him.

Prankster says he is 'going to continue to make his YT videos'? I hope he does and gets worse on the next one he does. Guy is an efffing idiot that deserves nothing but (the worst) coming to him.

Last Edited:
Prankster says he is going to continue to make these pranks? I hope he does and gets worse on the next one he does. Guy is an efffing idiot that deserves nothing but (the worst) coming to him.
His father did an interview and mentioned this as well.

IMO, that makes the father an idiot too. I can't think of a reason why a father would not talk some sense into his son and tell him he should find another way to earn an income.

I can't think of a reason why a father would not talk some sense into his son
I'd say the 'fathers' comments in a article speak volumes... (just the relevent stuff cut and pasted)

The father of Tanner Cook, the prank YouTuber who was recently shot in Virginia, said that his family has received harassment following his son's hospitalization.

"Our family has been absolutely targeted by people saying he should have died, too bad he didn't die, just colorful, nasty language," Jeramy Cook said.

"It's just gross," Jeramy Cook said. "How do they think that they're on some high moral ground to cuss somebody out whose son was just shot?"

Jeramy Cook said his son is "a good kid that doesn't have a mean bone in his body." He added that Tanner wants to provide entertainment to people.

Doesn't have a mean bone in his body?
That he carries out these pranks indicates he is is an angry bully, with anger and meanness every bit a part of his personality.

Last Edited:
+1. The dude what guilty of being annoying AF but unless there was something said that I missed or that didn't get picked up on the video, there did not appear to be a threat.

The dude is lucky he was acquitted but nobody goes through something like this and wins...the stress of court, the cost of attorneys, the loss from work, damage to reputation, etc. Most of this could probably have been avoided with a $15 can of pepper spray.
Shooter is also most likely gonna get sued by the kid he shot. Those hospital bills are gonna be north of $100k and I'm guessing the kid will get pain and suffering too.

So shooter will most likely have to file bankruptcy over this ordeal as well.

I dont understand how the guy got acquitted, in all my layman understanding of the law this was not a righteous shoot. I see a case of harassment. I didnt clearly hear what was being played on the phone or anything the prankster said verbally, is it possible it was something threatening designed to make someone feel in danger? Best I can second guess here.

And Im not buying the jury is tired of these pranksters, somethings off with that idea, thats not how juries are instructed to judge.

His father did an interview and mentioned this as well.

IMO, that makes the father an idiot too. I can't think of a reason why a father would not talk some sense into his son and tell him he should find another way to earn an income.
His Dad is encouraging his IDIOT son who will no doubt get hurt again. This is playing a VERY dangerous little game. LOT of kooks out there who when they shoot would have plugged him multiple times. Or one will pull a blade and in the blink of an eye they guy will be watching the lights slowly go out. MANY really have no clue just how dangerous a blade can be. When I first watched this I thought of that one in another country where some idiot males are having a Johnson measuring contest. One pulls a blade and another charges him to show he is not scared. One poke to the neck and the guy bled out in a VERY short time. I am sure as he watched the world going dim and he was suddenly cold he wished he had not done it. Too late then. :(

Shooter is also most likely gonna get sued by the kid he shot. Those hospital bills are gonna be north of $100k and I'm guessing the kid will get pain and suffering too.

So shooter will most likely have to file bankruptcy over this ordeal as well.
No doubt and sadly the bottom feeders will go after the Mall, the food place, they will throw a blanket of cases at any one. Hoping some insurance will pay them to go away. Shooter will have to file to get out of his end.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top