JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Call me the defeatist, but I'm out.

When they start exicuting gun owners in the street it will be a different story.

They are smart. They know going the slow erroding path is the path to what they want.

I know I am a half boiled frog.

I still have too much to lose to go full blown Bundy.

This right here is where everyone was during the Oregon Bundy takeover, too complacent to do anything but hang our heads in shame. To tell the truth, I wasn't ready or I'd have been there.

In that sense I'm good. I donate time to work with ODF to build fire safe ranges in our backyard. I give my firearms away to those that are interested in them and wish to learn more about the hobby/recreation. I give ammo to those in need that can not get it on there own. I participate here in clean ups around various forests to in hopes keep the recreational use of our forest lands alive. I support local vendors that keep our recreation alive.

Joining the revolution that doesn't exist to turn up arms against those that haven't truly done us any physical harm. I'm out.

No, no, no, no, this is not about violence, in fact any act of violence would be absolutely counter to what I'm trying to accomplish here. This is 100% a hearts and minds effort, and it's 100% about calling attention to the positive efforts of the gun community.

This right here is where everyone was during the Oregon Bundy takeover, too complacent to do anything but hang our heads in shame. To tell the truth, I wasn't ready or I'd have been there.

If your first act after taking over something is to request basic supplies to sustain your operation you have not considered your logistics, and as such you have failed.

This effort is not about taking some territory in eastern oregon, this is about staking a claim for freedom in the minds of the american public.

@AMProducts I feel you pain and hardship I truly do.

I know there has to be something we can do. Something more.

Really though, it is what we can do, what we are doing, that makes the difference. Though it may be small. It keeps the movement and momentum going.

Let's put it this way.

They keep turning the temperature up on the pot of water to boil. Us frogs keep throwing in ice cubes.

I get where you are coming from. Yes, all noteworthy efforts and should be continued.

Know all the good and charity bikers do? Ask your average jack or jill on the street about them, what they think of them...."oh I don't like bikers, they are noisy, loud, drunk and obnoxious.

Let's flip it over to Christians....do you have any idea what Christians do in the realm of charity each year? Mind boggling...have you noted over the last decade or two how Christians have become vilified? Perfect case of no good deed goes unpunished, Want your child to become a pariah at school? Have him or her bow her head over their sack lunch....

We are dealing with selfish, power mongering, unscrupulous scalawags who above all want control over every aspect of your life. We can no longer saddle up and ride to the next town.....it's all getting fenced. What is your line? What is my line? That is personal in this info age and most of us probably aren't even sure what that line looks like, but I bet we will when it is crossed. But we keep trying. Because doing what's right is the way we were raised. These days, for many, not so much.

Brutus Out

Until a man can set down his own life and future for the common good of all, forever will we be lost! It takes a commitment to put aside your comfortable life and to take action to win back what has been taken ( or we have given up) and until a man can put the greater needs of others above him self, we are doomed to submit to our masters! To say you personally have too much to loose, that you have too much at stake to want to have any part in what is needed, is exactly how we got here in the first place, and until that changes inside each and every one of us, I am sorry folks, But get used to the yoke of oppression! Re read what Brutus posted, think very hard about that, let it sink in and take hold because THAT is exactly what needs to happen! The time to act is now, because in January when the Blue Helmets start showing up on all sides, it's going to be too late!

AMproducts

I do like your ideas but I am like many others here in that I feel it is too late for a lot of it. They do not care if we do good things for the public and they do not care if we help folks with blood drives the only thing they care about is making the Second Amendment go away.

I have been playing this game for over 30 years and have seen our local NRA donate blood, given money to local charities and helped with school projects as well as food drives for the food bank but guess what the NRA is the bad guy to the to the anti gun crowd, as well as to many gun folks, so what will make you different.

Do you feel a different name or a different face will change the fact you are a gun guy and that in itself makes you evil to most non-gun folks. In fact not too long ago I was told to my face (in a loud manner) that I was equal to a KKK in the middle of a lynching because I owned guns and I think that was the nicest thing I was called that night. I was at an after hours work party and these where family members of coworkers.

Over the years I have converted a lot of folks to the gun world but always one at a time and never as a group and never overnight.

I agree with Reno911 Nothing to unite our fight and Even gun owners aren't even truly United.

Just look at posts on just this forum on issues like open carry vs. canceled carry, Firearms registration vs. non registration to vote or not to vote and who for. Until we get our ducks in a row and we all fight for one cause to keep all our rights they win no matter what public service we provide.

They have one goal and only one and it is to remove the Second Amendment by taking one little step or one huge step and they are willing to do it over one generation or over ten but in the end they have just one goal.

While they work on that one goal we are in a pissing match amongst ourselves over open carry vs. canceled carry, Firearms registration vs. non registration to vote or not to vote and who for instead fighting for all guns rights.

I have a good buddy who keeps joking (I think) that we all need to just vote for Hillary so we can get this war started and over with no matter who wins at least it will be settled.

Last Edited:
No, no, no, no, this is not about violence, in fact any act of violence would be absolutely counter to what I'm trying to accomplish here. This is 100% a hearts and minds effort, and it's 100% about calling attention to the positive efforts of the gun community.

That did not work too well in Vietnam

I have a good buddy who keeps joking (I think) that we all need to just vote for Hillary so we can get this war started and over with no matter who wins at least it will be settled.
I agree with your buddy, lets just get it on and be done with it! ether that unites us or forever devides us, at least we will know really soon which way we are headed! Notice how these last elections the Dems make a big claim how they stood up to the NRA and how they will not back away from a fight against the biggest terrorist group (the NRA) that should show you just how far they are willing to go to win this fight, time we changed the game and took the fight right back at them!

If your first act after taking over something is to request basic supplies to sustain your operation you have not considered your logistics, and as such you have failed.

This effort is not about taking some territory in eastern oregon, this is about staking a claim for freedom in the minds of the american public.

It's gotta start somewhere and overbearing GOV agencies need reprimanded.

Since my becoming member here, my reading of all the topics, there's more drama here than I've seen anywhere amongst a group of like minded people. The only commonality is we have particular interests. No one can manage to stay on the same page, which is why I no longer share any input.

I'm all for the point that gun owners need to come together. We need to unite and make a stand. Not meaning blood shed. We need to make a stand so the MSM see us as the good of the people. As it has been, the bad apples spoil the pie. The MSM points that out at every opportunity.

It's late, and I'm tired. Off to bed.

Sad, but true!2A2Dend I find much the same thing. Some may not say what they truly feel out of fear, some just don't believe we are as far along the path as we are, some just cant get there heads around the situation and some are in complete denial! What ever the case may be, the left knows this and is using every trick in the book against us, all the while, we sit! I am sorry if I offend the sensibilities of the genteel, but I cannot sit idly and watch the slow and methodical destruction of My Country and My Family and Friends lives! I have to fight, it's a part of me, it's how I was raised, Its who I am!

I'll

Where is the gun owners to stand for our men and women in blue.
I would like to address this one....I will tell you where the gun owners are for the blue line...bubbleguming about them. Acting like morons on YouTube, villainizing them at every turn just like the blm. Being rude to them. Treating them all like the enemy even though some of them are our brothers on this site. They allow the actions of the few bad ones to justify the hatred of all of them. Our local Leo are our last line of defense to keep gun grabbers from door to door searches. How many times have we seen sheriffs and police captain say they would not enforce unconstitutional laws. Now how many times have you seen idiots on YouTube treating cops like crap? Take the first number subtracted from the second number and that equals...idiots win...I am sure I will get flak for my stance on this...I have before so I am used to it. I don't care.

As always, trying to fight the good fight. I agree we need to do what we can at any level we can. One of the more unfortunate things that has happened over the last several decades was allowing the federal government get so involved in the education system. Looking at some of the "history" books and how some don't even quote the BOR in it's entirety and only list the PC watered down version of the amendments. I feel this is a significant part of why we have the number of people who are OK with tossing the constitution in the first place.

It is difficult to "out vote" those who control the ballot box.

Kate Brown and her predecessor have played havoc with signatures and petitions to limit access to the ballot. They disrespect the voters, who are We The People.

Iâm Ralph Nader, and Iâll call it like I see it: Kate Brown is suffocating your democratic process.

Nothing to unite our fight.

Even gun owners aren't even truly United.

I've said this myself numerous times. For those that say the 'revolution' is coming, I have to wonder, how? Who is going to lead it? Who is going to organize it? There is no common bond in this area to really pull people together. Just look at the primaries and you can see how fractured people are. One thing the Democrats have over the Republicans is they, despite their difference, will come together and rally around a single candidate to get them elected. Republicans will whine like little beaches that their candidate didn't make it and will either sit out the election or throw their vote to someone else rather than rally around the single option.

Gun owners are very similar in many ways. They want what they want and only on their terms. If something gets banned that doesn't impact them (fudds), then they really don't seem to care. We have a few gun rights groups, but look how much gun owners piss and moan and complain that people like the NRA aren't doing it the way they want. Or that they give up too much. Or that they send out too many emails asking for money o_O Seems a waste that we'd rather throw away our rights than try to rally around a group or two and give them a huge boost in funds and power to make something happen. As it stands the NRA only represents 5 million gun owners, out of 100,000,000. What is everyone else doing? Can you imaging the power we could wield if we could unite the votes and the $$ of 100,000,000 gun owners into a single organization - one that would fight on both the state and national levels?

Until we can find a person/group to rally EVERY gun owner on both state and national levels, we will continue to get our collective gun owning a$$es kicked, over and over and over again, by the anti's. There will be no revolution, just a continual slide down the hill into the pit of gun control.

I hope that will change, but right now, I don't see any bit of hope on the horizon for someone to pick up the mantle and really unite gun owners across the country.

Maybe we can start by convincing all those people who wont even mail in their ballots that are delivered to their homes (here in Oregon). And all of the others in other States who never seem to vote. It is time to unite and we have to inspire those around us to vote. Time is very short now, but if we each can convince one or two fence setters to cast their vote - even members in our own families - we'll have achieved a major milestone in this election year.

Some of you who have posted here are seeming defeatists. There's far more to gaining and holding freedom than a bloody fist fight, although that's the final resolution after all else has failed.

Ask yourselves if you've done all you personally can about this. If you have, great. If you haven't, we still have time to fight.

Take a friend to the range. Then invite them to bring along a different friend the next time. Or put your time where you beliefs are and offer to take an anti to the range. If you have to use the hook that you would rather discuss firearms from a basis of equal knowledge then do so.

Find a clean well kept and safe place to shoot. Have a safe fun time at the range. People smile when they hit their targets. If you have the nice metal targets with a great ring when they are hit that is all the better!

This debate will only be won one personal contact at a time. Take a kid to the range too. Take their friends. Time and ammunition spent this way is the best thing we can do today. It my take changing our individual approach to a more personable tone to get those invites, but that is a valuable habit in many other areas.

Putting a 25 round magazine on the bottom of a Ruger 10-22 has worked amazingly well for me in the conversion process. We must let out sport and hobby speak for itself!

Ready most of your post over the years,I wouldn't have thunk you to be naive.
You really think a " hearts and minds" effort will do anything? Yeah.
Those on the left could care less about your "heart and mind " if you still own a gun
But sounds like a noble cause:confused:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads