JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OH PLEASE....do you not have any idea how badly we "ALL" want to rally around the NRA? :(

Sadly we dont have a leader in that respect...many of us see the NRA just the same as the Clintons.....out for the cash and lie us to get it ....
why is it we are having a discussion looking for a leader to fight the good fight in this very thread? seriously !!

If we are wrong about this.......... WHERE IS THE NRA ?
every week there are shootings and the ANTIS JUMP ON IT to further their narrative but where is the NRA each time to dispel their lying narrative?

Most of us have donated numerous times to all the miss managed pro gun groups & the lack of response is screaming at me! We are going to have to ride this out and fight with our votes

UNLESS I SEE SOME FACTION TRULY STAND UP FOR OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
MY MONEY IS GOING INTO AMMO & MY VOTE TO RID OURSELVES OF THE SCOURGE THAT HAS BECOME THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY...... THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

YOUR TIME IS BETTER SERVED EDUCATING THE NOT SO BRIGHT TO VOTE REPUBLICAN REGARDLESS OF YOUR PREVIOUS POLITICAL AFFILIATIONS

MORE SO THE EVER BEFORE A DEMOCRATIC VOTE IS A VOTE TO REMOVE GUNS, & QUALITY OF LIFE FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Dont waste your efforts writing politicians that are infact against your values! and stop whinning about those of us with our eyes open and not willing to praise the NRA
whine to the NRA....... YOU GAVE THEM YOUR MONEY YOU DIDNT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO US...... STOP BIOTCHING! ABOUT US

WE ALL need to start writing the NRA, & let the NRA, our national collective voice know how completely disappointed we all are and that your NRA membership dollars will be missed if they dont pickup the their game.....if not we all will realize IT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE THINK ....ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

The problem with the NRA isn't the NRA it's self it is YOU, Specifically you who are not a member of the NRA!!! etrain16 is correct, there are only 5 mil members out of 100 mil gun owners. Your representative power of the NRA is only a fraction of what it could and should be! The NRA may seam big and Powerful But with the size of the fight they face year after year, it's a wonder they can still function at all! And............the Dems ARE SCARED of the NRA, Killery spouted on during her speach about how SHE stood up to the NRA, How her party, Obummer, Stood up to the NRA, What does that say? I challenge every member of this very forum to become a member of the NRA and see what got get out of the deal!!! DO IT, and See just how big a difference the NRA can make in this fight!

That did not work too well in Vietnam

There were several major issues in vietnam, first, all of the institutional knowledge we had of COIN, and small-wars was thrown out the window for other doctrines. Second, Take a look at a US service member, he doesn't look like the average vietnamese and will be seen as an invader, and for a country that has a 1500 year history of repelling invaders, you're already on your back foot. And third, the US supported a coup against the democratically elected government, for an authoritarian regime. Sure, it made sense in the calculus of washington, but in vietnam it guaranteed defeat.

It is difficult to "out vote" those who control the ballot box.

Kate Brown and her predecessor have played havoc with signatures and petitions to limit access to the ballot. They disrespect the voters, who are We The People.

Iâm Ralph Nader, and Iâll call it like I see it: Kate Brown is suffocating your democratic process.

How much does it cost to put Ralph Nader in a tourbus and have him stop at every college campus in oregon?

Take a friend to the range. Then invite them to bring along a different friend the next time. Or put your time where you beliefs are and offer to take an anti to the range. If you have to use the hook that you would rather discuss firearms from a basis of equal knowledge then do so.

Find a clean well kept and safe place to shoot. Have a safe fun time at the range. People smile when they hit their targets. If you have the nice metal targets with a great ring when they are hit that is all the better!

This debate will only be won one personal contact at a time. Take a kid to the range too. Take their friends. Time and ammunition spent this way is the best thing we can do today. It my take changing our individual approach to a more personable tone to get those invites, but that is a valuable habit in many other areas.

Putting a 25 round magazine on the bottom of a Ruger 10-22 has worked amazingly well for me in the conversion process. We must let out sport and hobby speak for itself!

This is exactly what I want, and I want it to be higher profile. I was talking to the wife last night, lets talk to local shooting ranges, and for a donation of X amount of canned and shelf-stable food, we will give you 20 mins of 1 on 1 instruction, and let you shoot a .22, an AR or something.

Ready most of your post over the years,I wouldn't have thunk you to be naive.
You really think a " hearts and minds" effort will do anything? Yeah.
Those on the left could care less about your "heart and mind " if you still own a gun
But sounds like a noble cause:confused:

If you think I'm naive, the shoe is on the other foot. This effort is 100% about building friends and allies. I never want my country to devolve and erupt into violence, however if it does, I'm going to borrow from the marine corps rules of gunfighting: 1) Bring a gun 2) bring all your friends with guns.

We have a mostly functional democracy in front of us, one of the main reasons we are losing so badly is because we have simply checked out, we're busy raising our families, going to work, filing tax forms, and bubbleguming about all the things government does that it was never intended to do.

If you want to win, you need to put in the effort. Re-read my original post. Conflict favors the organized, instead of organizing yourself, you are actively arguing against an organization that is working to support your own interests.

I'm borrowing heavily from Tolstoy and Gandhi here.
OH PLEASE....do you not have any idea how badly we "ALL" want to rally around the NRA? :(

Sadly we dont have a leader in that respect...many of us see the NRA just the same as the Clintons.....out for the cash and lie us to get it ....
why is it we are having a discussion looking for a leader to fight the good fight in this very thread? seriously !!

If we are wrong about this.......... WHERE IS THE NRA ?
every week there are shootings and the ANTIS JUMP ON IT to further their narrative but where is the NRA each time to dispel their lying narrative?

Most of us have donated numerous times to all the miss managed pro gun groups & the lack of response is screaming at me! We are going to have to ride this out and fight with our votes

UNLESS I SEE SOME FACTION TRULY STAND UP FOR OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS
MY MONEY IS GOING INTO AMMO & MY VOTE TO RID OURSELVES OF THE SCOURGE THAT HAS BECOME THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY...... THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

YOUR TIME IS BETTER SERVED EDUCATING THE NOT SO BRIGHT TO VOTE REPUBLICAN REGARDLESS OF YOUR PREVIOUS POLITICAL AFFILIATIONS

MORE SO THE EVER BEFORE A DEMOCRATIC VOTE IS A VOTE TO REMOVE GUNS, & QUALITY OF LIFE FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Dont waste your efforts writing politicians that are infact against your values! and stop whinning about those of us with our eyes open and not willing to praise the NRA
whine to the NRA....... YOU GAVE THEM YOUR MONEY YOU DIDNT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO US...... STOP BIOTCHING! ABOUT US

WE ALL need to start writing the NRA, & let the NRA, our national collective voice know how completely disappointed we all are and that your NRA membership dollars will be missed if they dont pickup the their game.....if not we all will realize IT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE THINK ....ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

The NRA gets a really bad rap and here's why. The NRA is an educational institution, it is not a lobbying group, and it's not a political organization. That is done entirely by the ILA. A lot of people don't differentiate between the two, and I completely understand why.

I am an NRA member, but it's relatively rare that I go above or beyond the basic fees to remain a member for many of the reasons you state. I prefer to send those dollars to SAF, JPFO and other organizations that actually lobby to support my rights.

What we really need to start doing is running pro-gun, small government candidates as Democrats. Party line votes are for people who don't pay attention.

It is difficult to "out vote" those who control the ballot box.

Kate Brown and her predecessor have played havoc with signatures and petitions to limit access to the ballot. They disrespect the voters, who are We The People.

Iâm Ralph Nader, and Iâll call it like I see it: Kate Brown is suffocating your democratic process.

I do not trust the mail in ballot system AT ALL!!!!

Maybe there is only 5m members because some of us don't believe the NRA is doing much?
I don't believe us non members are the problem.
The biggest part of the problem,which was described when the towers went down,is the media and the government put BE out.
And most sheep me HAVE to believe it to make sense of the world
They need to believe their government is there to take care of them. So TPTB jump on this crap and can spew all the lies they want and most folks will just believe they are speaking Devine truth.
Now you take someone who dislikes guns but doesn't understand the whole issue,they hear bad things about guns and are re enforced about their feelings.
Make all the friends you want,it won't change the anti's agenda.

Make all the friends you want,it won't change the anti's agenda.

Actually, it does work. I can count at least five people that I have personally taken to the range and watched them start as militant grabbers and end as owners. Two even have become owner activists. It takes a bit of patience and possibly several boxes of ammunition. Maybe I just have luck bumping into the convertible. But, if I can do it, any liberty minded gun owner can.

If you have kids or grandkids, tell them that you would be happy to take themselves and a friend or two out for a safe round of hitting targets. Drive home the idea that we will be following the rules of safe firearms handling. When you have to talk with the parents make sure they know that this is a safe activity and offer to show them more later if they'd like. A couple times I have had the parents follow-up for range time later.

All it takes is patience and a pleasant disposition. If every reader of this board took one or two new folks to the range before the election, I bet we would see a significant change in poll results.

I do not need a leader or a public forum to do this. I have just done it for 30 years! The policy is the first couple boxes of ammunition are on me. I was adding it up the other day and I bet in that time I have personally taught almost 300 people to shoot. Those 300 or so boxes of ammunition and accompanying hours of time, have probably done more to further individual liberty than any political donations I can make or organizations I could join.

I have two new shooters that I am working with to schedule their first rounds down range as I type. I will come back to this thread when I can boast of that success. In the mean, time, if you really want to make a difference, take a new shooter to the range today.

Ammunition is cheap, LIBERTY and good will are priceless!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top