JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Ever heard of ballistics testing? They would know the bullet wasnt fired from that weapon. But U know that.

Maybe, but not sure how you do ballistic testing on a fragmented 77 gr smk bullet?

I guess if they are going to go to this extreme for a valid self defense shooting I am screwed, but I would already be screwed if they searched my house. Only so much you can do! The laws of man do not supersede the laws of nature/god.

Last Edited:
Keep a 10 round magazine with you and change it before the cops get there. If you shot more than 10 rounds, you can always claim that you reloaded. You can then also claim that the gun came with 10 round magazines and you were unaware that there were larger magazines available for it.

The problem is penalties for weapons violations are so severe they frequently equal any potential man slaughter type offense. That is why in 1992 (?) I reluctantly registered my 2 AR's in California when the ban came in. I didn't want to keep them hidden and unused. A legal shotgun is a better "defense" weapon in any event. The definition of defense is tough to meet at 100 yards where the real advantages of an AR begin to become apparent.
At a 100 yards, the DA would say..."why did you fear for your life at that distance, you could have avoided the situation."
Now, if you and your family are defending the family home, out in the pucker brush, with no help readily available, that's another matter. But, rarely does self defense exceed, a few feet or a few yards.
Also, the further the distance, the higher the chance of missing the perp and wounding or killing an innocent.

Outside your home, yes of course, but inside the home?

I don't know how anyone sleeps soundly without a semi auto rifle by their bed. If someone kicks in my door in the middle of the night I want to put then down RIGHT NOW, not poke littke holes and hope they bleed out or run away.
A .45ACP hollow point does not make little holes.

Shoot once. Clear the room. Get your wife to safety at her moms house. Return. Clear the rest of the house. Check the rapist for signs of life then call your lawyer and then the cops.

Making a snack or coffee between steps is optional.

Caveman would be making a peanut butter n a nanner sammich and drinking song sweet tea on the front porch.:s0108:

Then there was my first homicide investigation in 1971. Two Black guys playing cards in an all night, Black establishment. One guy claimed the other was cheating. The alleged cheater, stood up and feigned reaching for a gun he did not even possess. He got the Darwin Award for the worst bluffer of the year.
The other guy had a gun, a 2" .38 Charter Arms. He fired one shot at about 4 feet, killing the other fellow on the spot. Witness accounts backed the story given by the shooter.
I went to the autopsy. The bullet was dead center in the heart.
There have been plenty of folks killed outright by handguns and plenty more who live or live for awhile. That's the reason I teach all my students to keep shooting until the threat is done.
I've been to some shootings where the victim's mind has beat him and he gave up before the body did.

If I ever have to shoot someone in defense of myself or another person the only statement the police will ever get from me is my name my address and the simple comment: I was in fear for my life (or the life of another) I fired until I could determine the threat was no more.

If that means I dump my .45ACP in the 1.5 seconds it takes for said bad guy to crumple to the floor so be it. I'm shooting until the threat is gone.

If I ever have to shoot someone in defense of myself or another person the only statement the police will ever get from me is my name my address and the simple comment: I was in fear for my life (or the life of another) I fired until I could determine the threat was no more.

If that means I dump my .45ACP in the 1.5 seconds it takes for said bad guy to crumple to the floor so be it. I'm shooting until the threat is gone.
Pretty much covers it.

There was and issue on COPS similar, guy defended him self shooting at a thief who ran off.
The gun he bought was his claim and also claimed no knowledge of it being stolen, this isn a state where private sales are OK. So he was arrested by having a stolen firearm, but not for defending himself by brandishing etc.

Not a lawyer but most cases involving and object, only reflect on the person as much as antis want it to be about the gun in legalese, it has more to do with your intent then the object. Say you beat someone to death with a stolen baseball bat. They are more concerned with was it self defense, planned and then the how goes into play if stolen or illegal you can rest assured the DA in Lib town will use the fact the gun is illegal.

Not legal advice:rolleyes:

"While cooperating with the police immediately after the incident they started to question him on the second shot."

Cooperating with the police was his most serious mistake.

1643470995469.png

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews