JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
skip these steps and go start the back hoe!! :rolleyes:
th?id=OIP.mS_hSMzqwJDNKsWCSH-uRgHaFR&w=237&h=160&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

Make sure to put some dirt on top, then some road kill, maybe plant a tree also :)

Nice screen name(my last names Argo, I considered Argonaut for my screen name)
It is the corporate name of my businesses and marine salvage company. Have used it for 1/2 a century.

I can tell you what your lawyer will say,
To invoke your 5th amendment rights, after that all you can say is "I want to see my lawyer"-- chances are good next you'll be stuffed into a detention cell until you can see a judge who will decide your bail. Don't talk and screw yourself over because you are afraid of jail--chances are you won't be going to jail anyway,
unless you can't make bail of course...:eek:

Shoot bad guy, walk away. Why wait for trouble? Dead guy on your doorstep? I don't know nothing officer. Lawyer please. Why do you need a lawyer? Lawyer please.

People generally feel an overwhelming desire to explain themselves to police, well, that's just stupid. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL BE MISQUOTED, TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT, AND USED AGAINST YOU.

I actually met a famous defense attorney once (Melvin Belli) and what he told me stuck, " you can walk into a crowded room up to someone and kill them and I can get you off, as long as you keep your mouth shut and don't say a word to anyone"

Most people incarcerated PUT THEMSELVES THERE!!

A few years ago under the Oboongle regime, a poor unarmed black kid was shot at the max station, and it was unclear as to why the upstanding unarmed black kid was murdered in cold blood.

Turns out that a white guy under the age of 21 was "illegally" carrying concealed, was protecting himself and his girlfriend and shot the thug that was assaulting them.

Took a few days for him to come clean, but long story short, he was illegally carrying a firearm and didn't report the shooting.

Multnomah county jury didn't convict him for anything.

Last Edited:
A few years ago under the Oboongle regime, a poor unarmed black kid was shot at the max station, and it was unclear as to why the upstanding unarmed black kid was murdered in cold blood.

Turns out that a white guy under the age of 21 was "illegally" carrying concealed, was protecting himself and his girlfriend and shot the thug that was assaulting them.

Took a few days for him to come clean, but long story short, he was illegally carrying a firearm and didn't report the shooting.

He was lucky.

More to the point, if it went to jury there was a trial. If it went to trial he was arrested and charged with a crime. It sounds to me like the only thing that kept him from being convicted and serving time, was a good lawyer and being lucky with the jury.

Do not count on such luck.

This is why I have revolvers, lever actions, bolt actions, etc., in the same calibers as those 'evil' black guns that got lost in a tragic boating accident.

Another happy ending.

He was lucky.

More to the point, if it went to jury there was a trial. If it went to trial he was arrested and charged with a crime. It sounds to me like the only thing that kept him from being convicted and serving time, was a good lawyer and being lucky with the jury.

Do not count on such luck.

This is why I have revolvers, lever actions, bolt actions, etc., in the same calibers as those 'evil' black guns that got lost in a tragic boating accident.
You and I have the worst luck.

The problem is penalties for weapons violations are so severe they frequently equal any potential man slaughter type offense. That is why in 1992 (?) I reluctantly registered my 2 AR's in California when the ban came in. I didn't want to keep them hidden and unused. A legal shotgun is a better "defense" weapon in any event. The definition of defense is tough to meet at 100 yards where the real advantages of an AR begin to become apparent.

I would really prefer 30 suppressed low recoil shots. With another 30 on the gun, than 5 or 6 loud, slow, heavy recoil shots in a HD situation.

Thats just me though!

I will always keep a dirty legal .223 rifle around to say I used in a HD situation. Hide the actual gun before the cops show up .

it is obvious what would happen in Portland. You would be changed with several felonies related to firearm offenses though would probably be cleared of self defense. But dont think for one moment they will let that go.

I once heard a story of someone who shot someone who was raping his wife at knife point in his house and had already cut her. He came up behind him in the act, turned him around and shot him in the chest. The guy fell to his knees and he fired a second round into his neck which the coroner determined was the killing shot.

While cooperating with the police immediately after the incident they started to question him on the second shot. They started to question him if he executed the guy raping his wife on purpose because of the second shot. They were immediately trying to arrest him for murdering the guy who was raping and planning to kill his wife.

Always assume that the police will try and charge you if you do anything in self defense with a firearm.

It was actually the FIRST shot that was fatal, which is the only reason he wasn't charged! Which is crazy!

I just re-read that post a few weeks ago .

I would really prefer 30 suppressed low recoil shots. With another 30 on the gun, than 5 or 6 loud, slow, heavy recoil shots in a HD situation.

Thats just me though!

I will always keep a dirty legal .223 rifle around to say I used in a HD situation. Hide the actual gun before the cops show up .
Most self defense shooting scenarios for civilians, is really close. A handgun should suffice.......and for many, the more likely option.

Most self defense shooting scenarios for civilians, is really close. A handgun should suffice.......and for many, the more likely option.
Outside your home, yes of course, but inside the home?

I don't know how anyone sleeps soundly without a semi auto rifle by their bed. If someone kicks in my door in the middle of the night I want to put then down RIGHT NOW, not poke littke holes and hope they bleed out or run away.

Outside your home, yes of course, but inside the home?

I don't know how anyone sleeps soundly without a semi auto rifle by their bed. If someone kicks in my door in the middle of the night I want to put then down RIGHT NOW, not poke littke holes and hope they bleed out or run away.
To each his own. I live in the city limits with homes all around me. A high powered rifle has never been my choice for home defense and I don't even have one loaded here. I've seen over penetration up the kazoo with handguns and with people in other rooms and next door neighbors.......jes sayin.
I sleep hard and long, every night.

To each his own. I live in the city limits with homes all around me. A high powered rifle has never been my choice for home defense and I don't even have one loaded here. I've seen over penetration up the kazoo with handguns and with people in other rooms and next door neighbors.......jes sayin.
I sleep hard and long, every night.

Not trying to be argumentative, but we all need to be well informed on this stuff. This article sums it up nicely, but I can dig up even more conclusive videos and tests that show with the right ammo, 5.56 penetrates the least out of any option except maybe #4 buckshot. This is especially true for shots that hit the suspect.

Personally I use 77 grain smk ammo, mk262 mod1, which due to its long lengrh and very thin jacket, fragments wonderfully at close range, in flesh or dry wall, while still retaining enough mass in the individual pieces to reach vital organs.

You can pick up surplus imi razorcore on midway right now for only .52/rd, which is cheap enough to run a few magazines full and make sure it works in your gun.

Why "High Powered" 5.56 NATO/.223 AR-15 Ammo is Safer For Home Defense (FBI overpenetration testing) | Prepared Gun Owners

Not trying to be argumentative, but we all need to be well informed on this stuff. This article sums it up nicely, but I can dig up even more conclusive videos and tests that show with the right ammo, 5.56 penetrates the least out of any option except maybe #4 buckshot. This is especially true for shots that hit the suspect.

Personally I use 77 grain smk ammo, mk262 mod1, which due to its long lengrh and very thin jacket, fragments wonderfully at close range, in flesh or dry wall, while still retaining enough mass in the individual pieces to reach vital organs.

You can pick up surplus imi razorcore on midway right now for only .52/rd, which is cheap enough to run a few magazines full and make sure it works in your gun.

Why "High Powered" 5.56 NATO/.223 AR-15 Ammo is Safer For Home Defense (FBI overpenetration testing) | Prepared Gun Owners
That is a good article and I may have seen it before.
The other factor that I consider, is maneuverability in tight quarters.
I have always been a handgun guy, so I tend to stay with what I like best.
Don't get me wrong, I have trained many in the use of rifles and shotguns as well, and I'm fully capable of using those under the proper circumstances, I just prefer handguns.

The other factor that I consider, is maneuverability in tight quarters.
I have always been a handgun guy, so I tend to stay with what I like best.
.....I'm fully capable of using those under the proper circumstances, I just prefer handguns.

That is 100% valid, and a good point I hadn't thought of. I kinda suck with a handgun. Hell, I suck in general, but less with a rifle :)

Thats just me though!

Ever heard of ballistics testing? They would know the bullet wasnt fired from that weapon. But U know that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads