JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dunno for a fact, but I would imagine the "illegal" revolver used was likely the grounds for the search warrant... which is what really jammed him up.

If true then it really shows that if you're going to carry "constitutionally" by your own devices then at least make sure "that one" is legal in the eyes of your commie peers. Know and minimize your risk... or at least... like in the case if OR ends up enacting the mag ban... that your potential risk is limited to an acceptable misdemeanor slap on the wrist.

Was it worth it? Well... he didn't end up bleeding out on a NY street at 2am, so... there's that. :s0155:

If it was indeed just a simple mugging would I have done the same? Likely not. Knowing my carry was technically illegal and my life was not actually under imminent threat... my watch and the $20 bill I keep in my wallet are replaceable. That said. My frame of reference doesn't view a knife or other hand held implement as an "imminent threat". The guy in question might have... or rather obviously... did.

It would be nice if one of the big 2A dogs steps in to help challenge the constitutionality of the charges, but for an isolated case like that I have doubts they would. He's probably on his own but do hope he tries to fight it.

I dunno for a fact, but I would imagine the "illegal" revolver used was likely the grounds for the search warrant... which is what really jammed him up.

If true then it really shows that if you're going to carry "constitutionally" by your own devices then at least make sure "that one" is legal in the eyes of your commie peers. Know and minimize your risk... or at least... like in the case if OR ends up enacting the mag ban... that your potential risk is limited to an acceptable misdemeanor slap on the wrist.

Was it worth it? Well... he didn't end up bleeding out on a NY street at 2am, so... there's that. :s0155:

If it was indeed just a simple mugging would I have done the same? Likely not. Knowing my carry was technically illegal and my life was not actually under imminent threat... my watch and the $20 bill I keep in my wallet are replaceable. That said. My frame of reference doesn't view a knife or other hand held implement as an "imminent threat". The guy in question might have... or rather obviously... did.

It would be nice if one of the big 2A dogs steps in to help challenge the constitutionality of the charges, but for an isolated case like that I have doubts they would. He's probably on his own but do hope he tries to fight it.
Yea, if we get a mag ban in Oregon I'd end up with a few misdemeanors. If those offenses were upgraded to felonies I may change up my load out. It all comes down to risk management. I can deal with a misdemeanor, a felony changes things for me personally.

Just gotta know that if you are forced to use deadly force your life and belongs will have a high probability of being gone through with a fine tooth comb. Act Accordingly.

Last Edited:
Yea, if we get a mag ban in Oregon I'd end up with a few misdemeanors. If those charges were upgraded to felonies I may change up my load out. It all comes down to risk management. I can deal with a misdemeanor, a felony changes things for me personally.

Just gotta know that if you are forced to use deadly force your life and belongs will have a high probability of being gone through with a fine tooth comb. Act Accordingly.
Agreed. And at least for a time the, "Mag ban? What mag ban? I bought it like that! Are you telling me the gun shop sold me an illegal firearm??" defense may play to some sympathy on the charge. 🤣

Let them try and prove knowledge and intent to extract the max penalty... perjury charge aside, right...:s0140:

Edit I'm a dumb guy. The deceased was the one with more than 12 prior arrests while the shooter has the clean background. whoops

Edited because I didnt read close enough
Nope, my bad!

I had edited in the bracketed portion (my comment to clarify) to the sentence I quoted from the article. Because left as I quoted seems like the innocent defender had prior the arrests.

You must have read my post before I noticed it needs clarification & I circled back to ad in my comment.

The criminal didn't have a "weapon" it was just a pen...

A pen in the neck is pretty effective
Screenshot_20230606_193408.jpg

Somehow I doubt New York leo are serving search warrants on the countless street thugs they're arresting with illegal guns to which the DA is just instantly releasing back on the streets. Ie like this guy.

Screenshot_20230606-193914_Chrome.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR