JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When "Carried by six, or judged by 12" doesn't work out so well. The shooting was justified but the gun was illegal.

26 felony charges for illegal guns even though the guy has NYC permits for 5 of his rifles so he has a clean background. He just wanted to own guns that should be his constitutional right. Was it worth it?

When "Carried by six, or judged by 12" doesn't work out so well. The shooting was justified but the gun was illegal.

26 felony charges for illegal guns even though the guy has NYC permits for 5 of his rifles so he has a clean background. He just wanted to own guns that should be his constitutional right. Was it worth it?

Scary.

"...The [deceased scumbag] 32-year-old had more than a dozen prior arrests..."
I wonder how many of those were also
muggings or worse?

It's not a bad idea to carry a gun that is registered in your name…… just a smart thing to do. Cause we all know they are taking it for evidence and will run the SN. Especially in these deep blue states.

"Clean background" but more than 12 prior arrests? Something don't add up. 5 NYC Permits for rifles but not for the others... wonder what happened. Why didn't NY revoke his permits...?
Dead guy had 12 arrests.

It's not a bad idea to carry a gun that is registered in your name…… just a smart thing to do. Cause we all know they are taking it for evidence and will run the SN. Especially in these deep blue states.
He definitely did not make some smart life choices here.
I dont know but it sounds like he was smart enough to know his guns were acquired illegally and illegal to carry but he made a choice to not care.

He definitely did not make some smart life choices here.
I dont know but it sounds like he was smart enough to know his guns were acquired illegally and illegal to carry but he made a choice to not care.
In a way I respect it…… especially if the state doesn't allow him to get a CHL or pistol as a law abiding citizen. We all have the right to defend ourselves.

I see it through the same lens when it comes to magazine capacity. If you're not a criminal then you shouldn't have any restrictions.

This is likely a preview of how WA and OR law enforcement and judges will view "carrying a loaded gun" in the future imo.
Democrat states care more about criminals than [otherwise] lawful citizens. The robber had more than a dozen prior arrests if he would have been arrested he would have been let go again to rob again. But someone defending themselves from that gets charged with 26 felonies.

"
Judge Iannece showed Foehner no sympathy during the brief court appearance, doubling the amount initially requested by the Queens District Attorney's Office.

"The defendant was on the street with a loaded, unlicensed gun," Iannece said. "There are too many shootings in this city! The court is quite concerned with what we see."

Foehner was walking to a parking garage when he said the robbery suspect, identified as 32-year-old Cody Gonzalez, demanded money."

In a way I respect it…… especially if the state doesn't allow him to get a CHL or pistol as a law abiding citizen. We all have the right to defend ourselves.

I see it through the same lens when it comes to magazine capacity. If you're not a criminal then you shouldn't have any restrictions.
agree, I respect his stance (if thats what it was) on the subject but what he essentially did was volunteer to martyr himself. Gun control laws suck but its out of our control when imposed on us, is it worth it when there are still options?

Democrat states care more about criminals than [otherwise] lawful citizens. The robber had more than a dozen prior arrests if he would have been arrested he would have been let go again to rob again. But someone defending themselves from that gets charged with 26 felonies.

"
Judge Iannece showed Foehner no sympathy during the brief court appearance, doubling the amount initially requested by the Queens District Attorney's Office.

"The defendant was on the street with a loaded, unlicensed gun," Iannece said. "There are too many shootings in this city! The court is quite concerned with what we see."

Foehner was walking to a parking garage when he said the robbery suspect, identified as 32-year-old Cody Gonzalez, demanded money."
That's because it's about control/domination and not about crime. A guy willing to use force to defend himself is the opposite of the statists' agenda.

agree, I respect his stance (if thats what it was) on the subject but what he essentially did was volunteer to martyr himself. Gun control laws suck but its out of our control when imposed on us, is it worth it when there are still options?
Yea. But at least he's alive without any extra holes.

It's a serious issue when a man can be criminally sentenced in one state for something that isn't a crime in another.
it wasnt even a "high capacity" gun it was a revolver, something he acquired privately back in the 90s. I dont know NY states history on when they passed their background check laws? Probably long before we did...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top