JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love the friendship and support here. Thank you all folks. :)

BTW, I ordered the cable for my camera so I can upload some pics and video from the fires' closest proximity before we bugged out. At one point we had two Chinooks a couple of Hueys and a bunch of other air working right over us and I have some footage that might be worth a look. I'll post it if it's viewable. It sure was exciting, but not so much fun when the embers and ashes were falling all around us.

@GOG. I'm glad you folks are in a safer position. I know all too well how uncomfortably close those fires can be, having experienced it before, including as recently as last summer. Our offer remains, come whatever may be, if we can help, we will. Best of wishes to you and yours. :)

Thank you for asking, we're good and getting back to semi normal which is our usual MO.
I've been trying to get my thoughts on paper so I can post something helpful for others about the experience.
I can tell you this though, it's expensive to bug out. :confused:

Last Edited:
Thank you for asking, we're good and getting back into our ab.
I've been trying to get my thoughts on paper so I can post something helpful for others about the experience.

I'm looking forward to what you post. I can only imagine what you went through and look forward to learning from this experience. Glad to hear that you are getting back to the norm.

I used to live in a high fire danger area and I plan on moving back into the hills. I prepared for fire danger for years and assume I have all the bases covered but I have a feeling you will be teaching me somethings. I do look forward to your tale and lessons learned. A true life bugging out is the best education. Your bug out was temporary but a true learning experience.

@GOG I am so happy you were downgraded and that things are getting back to normal.

Abby-normal; like in "Young Frankenstein".
At the best of times things are never quite normal around here.

Here's a few pics and two very short videos. I shot more video but somehow managed to delete them.
There were two Chinooks and several Hueys operating the day of our second bugout.

Note: The videos seem to be too large to upload at the moment even though they should be brief, so I'll try to figure it out.

DSCN0594.JPG DSCN0590.JPG DSCN0592.JPG DSCN0593.JPG

DSCN0611.JPG DSCN0612.JPG

Last Edited:
My parents are down in the Cave Junction area and just got a Level 1 evacuation notice. We're farther north and haven't seen one yet. Smoke in the area has ranged from clear as a bell to choking.

Last year the fires were so close, I could hike up to the southeastern corner of our property and watch the fires burn across the way, so know the feeling of "too close".

Here's wishing you all well. Hang in there.

We're in better shape now that we're home and the fire's moving away, so we're making ourselves available to help folks as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top