JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello @GOG sorry to hear the fire continues in your area and that you had to evacuate. I am thankful that you & B are safe, with a place to stay. I will keep you in my thoughts.

I just read today that Mississippi is sending teams men to Colorado & Oregon to help with these fires. Take care & let me know if you need anything.

Hi Folks, we got back a few hours ago. We got downgraded to level 2 late last night but Brandi had to work today and at this point after evacuating twice, a few more hours away for insurance was no big deal.

The Taylor Creek fire and the Klondike fire are joining on the Western edge. Fires are threatening the Illinois Valley now as well.
The fire season started a month early this year and it's going to be a bad one.

All these massive fires are the result of the complete and utter mismanagement of forest lands. But I'll save that rant for another day.

The house smells like smoked pork chops without the pork chops. ;) And it's good to be home. (Thank you Father.)

I learned that I am sorely lacking in the comms area and some other stuff, but I'll post lessons learned when I'm not quite so brain dead.

Thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers. Please continue to hold the firefighters and all involved in your prayers. There's other folks evacuating now.

I learned that I am sorely lacking in the comms area and some other stuff, but I'll post lessons learned when I'm not quite so brain dead.

Thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers. Please continue to hold the firefighters and all involved in your prayers. There's other folks evacuating now.

I look forward to reading about what you learned. But am so glad that you & B are safe and have a home to return to. Praise the little things and rest yourself. You have been on high alert for days.

May Angels watch over our firefighters as they risk their lives daily. Please keep them safe.

Glad your safe & home!

If you all don't have any, you might consider those little HEPA air filters.

We have 2, work a charm - "fresh air" inside. We run one in the master BR, and one in the living room opposite side of the house.

Similar to these guys:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...66-7895-511c-b177-5fff79d1a5d4&pf_rd_i=510192

But ours are older/different style. Picked them up at Home Depot ages ago. Not sure if HD still carries them or not.

Edit: looks like Target in Medford has some similar sized ones in stock, couldn't get the Home Depot website to work correctly to see if Grants Pass has any though.

Last Edited:
We're good at the moment too. Things have largely cleared up smoke-wise. :)

Parenthetically, last night, whist sitting on the porch, we had a chopper with a water bucket fly over us at least twice. (The wee ones were amused by the low flying aircraft.) So some operations continue in the general area.

Just got the phone call. Level 2 means be ready to go. There's a fire near here that's been steadily growing since yesterday.

It sucks living in a wildfire danger area during fire season.
So if I disappear for a while, you'll know why.

I'm going to get our bug out stuff together and be ready to go.

If you pray, please pray for all of us in its potential path and for the firefighters risking their lives.
Prayers sent!

God's good brother.

I've been jotting down my thoughts as they come to me so I can put together a cogent report about our personal SHTF experience. There's a lot of stuff to think about and an extra wild card thrown in when we evacuated for three days, went home for three days and then evacuated again for eight.
There were also looters in the area doing some nasty shiz. *Insert noose & gallows pic here. :mad:

So once again, thank you all for your kindnesses.

It's still level 2 here and we haven't unpacked because things are unpredictable. But it looks like we're going to be okay in our neck of the woods but some other areas not so much. The Taylor Creek fire is over 36,000 acres right now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top