JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to be joining the NRA, and they are asking the magazine I wish to subscribe to: American Rifleman, American Hunter, America's 1st Freedom, or Shooting Illustrated. I am assuming one comes with the membership. I currently own a shotgun and will be purchasing a centerfire rifle in the next few months. I know I am into more traditional firearms, target practice, and hunting. What's your favorite? I don't need to be convinced about the 2nd Amendment, so, I think it's between American Rifleman, American Hunter, and Shooting Illustrated. Your thoughts?

I'm not sure I want the bag, as some have said it's garbage. Of course, I,m not joining the NRA for the freebies anyway. It sounds like a magazine subscription is paid for when I get a NRA membership?

Sounds like you might find the American Hunter of interest. I've been a Benefactor for a number of years. FWIW, you can always change which magazine you are getting. I think it is once a year. Welcome Aboard!!!:):):)

You get all of the magazines on line.

Official Journal Of The NRA

upload_2019-2-19_15-24-50.png

I am going to be joining the NRA, and they are asking the magazine I wish to subscribe to: American Rifleman, American Hunter, America's 1st Freedom, or Shooting Illustrated. I am assuming one comes with the membership. I currently own a shotgun and will be purchasing a centerfire rifle in the next few months. I know I am into more traditional firearms, target practice, and hunting. What's your favorite? I don't need to be convinced about the 2nd Amendment, so, I think it's between American Rifleman, American Hunter, and Shooting Illustrated. Your thoughts?

I go around with them all as I sign up my Wife and I. After I read them I remove my address and take a few to each Doctor or Dentist appointment. Add them to the pile of reading in the waiting area. No doubt a have caused a few snowflakes to faint when they saw them:D:D I like all of them.

I declined the magazines, but accepted the duffel bag. Even though the last duffel bag they sent me was a POS that fell apart after 2-3 range trips. Lol

I have several of the bags they have given away over the years. None of them are anything close to well made. Considering they are sending it free for a join I never expect much. Use them for different things like emergency stuff in the cars. When one falls apart toss it. The knives they give away are of course one to be given away. Have a couple floating around that are good for the glove box or tackle / tool box. The knife you use to do something you would never do with the nice knife you have. Stuff is free and it's never going to be top quality.

Actually they sent my pops a skinning knife a couple years ago... that thing sure can fillet a bass in a pinch. Razor sharp!

I've always liked American Rifleman!
Shooting illustrated seemed to be more about modern firearms IIRC, but also a good pot read...

I'm partial to the 60 round Surefires. The 100 round magazines stick out too far for prone shooting the Ar-15.

Shooting Illustrated,
but I also pay extra for American Rifleman and America's First Freedom.
All of them have useful information, IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top