JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's exactly the kind of comment made very regularly here about the current president and appreciated by many. Is it only allowed to go one way?
You must have a short memory. We had to live through 4 years of it before the current guy took office.

No short memory, I have been here for close to a decade. I am simply asking, is it trolling to disparage some political leaders, but not others?
OK. The way you worded it the first time sounded more like you were asking if it was a 1-way street here, which it hasn't been.

OK. The way you worded it the first time sounded more like you were asking if it was a 1-way street here, which it hasn't been.
That is definitely my understanding as well. It seems that if we're allowed to complain about one, we're allowed to complain about all.

The question of "presidents spending too much time golfing/vacationing/clearing brush/tweeting from the toilet" seems to be a fairly bipartisan one. None of these guys should be above reproach. Somebody makes a criticism about something I like, I at most say I disagree and explain what I liked about it. If it's a joke I'm not the audience for, it's easy enough to just move along and let the people it was intended for have their fun. President Trump's toilet tweeting and President Biden's bumbling aren't personal attacks on me.

I don't mind either side being critical of the other sides leaders, there is a great deal to criticize. It's normal for folks to not admit failure by their own parties leader and the bigger the failure the more defensive folks become.

I suspect a good clinical psychologist could tell us why it is we stand behind truly bad politicians.

Myself I am not dem or repub as I am equally disgusted by both but I always expect better out of my fellow man than what I have seen. The list of absolutely horrible things done to our neighbors grows bigger by the minute yet folks still stand behind the parties that failed us.

Afghanistan is the perfect example, both parties for 21 years failed us but folks still stick with the party. :confused:

I am done here and will move on to the next disaster thread.

Have a great rest of your day.:)

That is definitely my understanding as well. It seems that if we're allowed to complain about one, we're allowed to complain about all.

The question of "presidents spending too much time golfing/vacationing/clearing brush/tweeting from the toilet" seems to be a fairly bipartisan one. None of these guys should be above reproach. Somebody makes a criticism about something I like, I at most say I disagree and explain what I liked about it. If it's a joke I'm not the audience for, it's easy enough to just move along and let the people it was intended for have their fun. President Trump's toilet tweeting and President Biden's bumbling aren't personal attacks on me.
Here I agree with you, ( I know, shocker ain't it) This all goes back to before Carter and the arseholes who installed Saddam in Iraq, and pissed off Iran and everyone else! Doesn't really matter who was POTUS when it all got started, the Gov. does what it does despite who is in the white house! Hell, look at what Regan did, spent billions on military tech and all that, and it was Bush 1 that really kicked it into gear, then Klinton expanded it before the Shrub put it all in Over Drive and stomped on the gas! Not saying Obummer was any good ether, but he didn't start any of this current sh!t, only expanded it ( ISIS) and got us into more fighting useless wars in the sand box, and Trump could have done a lot of things but didn't! I don't blame the POTUS, I blame the military industrial complex, all those congress critters and politicians on the take with Lockheed and Boeing and Raytheon!

And lets not even talk about big pharma!

Ura-Ki and I have agreed on something, I no longer know what is real! What's next, me actually getting an invite to a beer push or a shooting outing with you guys? Hahahaha... I won't push my luck, you probably can't be seen in public with a commie like me. ;)

Personally.....
I believe that the president (whoever is sitting or was sitting in the WH) is fair game to/when making a political point/message.

Sometimes, it is humorous and sometimes it is just plain mean in spirit. Please self-moderate.

However......I draw the line if someone wants to say something negative about......

Icecream.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...uk-citizens-biden-abandons-trapped-americans/

This was a rumor for a while (sheesh... a while, like two days lol!), and I didn't really believe it. Shouldn't have doubted. It makes sense. If the TB isn't popping off at coalition mil now why would they if a patrol went out in the streets to implement what the TB said they could do - evac their nationals? ROE are, I imagine, no aggression unless attacked. While at the same time making it clear through channels with TB command that if they are engaged nothing will be held back in the response.

Basically what US politicians have, kinda, sorta, you know... we're really serious!!!, I mean, we mean it!!!, and, well, you better believe it!!!... said.

But I can imagine the Brits saying it in a way that communicates well their commitment to doing it.

Last Edited:
However......I draw the line if someone wants to say something negative about......

Icecream.

Aloha, Mark
taliban biden ice cream.jpg

It appears to me and perhaps I shouldn't even say it but.....

Biden's ice cream cone looks BETTER.

And for the record......I'm not trying to be.......

Divisive, negative, offensive, or inappropriate

by my pick.

Aloha, Mark

This thread is about the fall of Afghanistan.
Not about petty bickering over various presidents or other elected public officials.

Many American Service members have been wounded or gave up their lives there.
This is far too serious of a subject to be made a mockery of.

Please return to the OP topic.
Andy

In that spirit I really think the news that another country (countries? If done it would be good to keep it low key), are using their military to actually get their nationals to the airport while we apparently "can't" is one of the more damning indictments of our current leadership.

This thread is about the fall of Afghanistan.
Not about petty bickering over various presidents or other elected public officials.

Many American Service members have been wounded or gave up their lives there.
This is far too serious of a subject to be made a mockery of.

Please return to the OP topic.
Andy
Awww man. Even when we're all getting along and working out our own issues, we get the hand slap.

I was there. I lost friends. They would have appreciated the discourse in this thread if they could see it. RIP Mix and Yubey. Have an ice cream on me wherever you are, battles. There was a point to it all, and we miss you.

Awww man. Even when we're all getting along and working out our own issues, we get the hand slap.

I was there. I lost friends. They would have appreciated the discourse in this thread if they could see it. RIP Mix and Yubey. Have an ice cream on me wherever you are, battles. There was a point to it all, and we miss you.
Call it what you want.

My post was meant as reminder to stay on the OP topic.

The forum has rules....it would go better if they were followed.
Andy

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR