JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My mother used to work with two blind individuals in medical transcribing. They were self-sufficient, independent workers that didn't want to rely on the state. Or a family member with a bachelor's degree but has some disabilities. He excells in repetitive work.

I do think people like that who had found jobs and want to work may be out of jobs in the near future.

Man, I never knew I could use a lot less winning. You learn something new every day (and hopefully it is not about you sick perv's fetishes again).
Hey hansum
1712550786130.png

For every job AI eliminates, there will be three that are created to fix the phuk-upz of AI because of the algorithms the creators used.
That is, until Skynet takes over. Then, mass job elimination will be just a matter of time.

That's just automation, and has been happening for a long time. AI isn't stealing anyones McDonalds job.
Having worked in automation for my entire career, I kvetch whenever I see the "automation" at the Fallen Arches. High school robotics STEM classes come up with better ideas.
For example, the other day I needed a SQL script to search for some databases with specific criteria. I know enough TSQL to be dangerous, but not an expert. I asked ChatGPT to do it for me and it had a 99% functional block of code that I just had to make a couple minor tweaks to and it was done. It would have taken me a couple hours at least to write it out from scratch.
You likely would have learned more over those four hours and retained it much longer

Having worked in automation for my entire career, I kvetch whenever I see the "automation" at the Fallen Arches. High school robotics STEM classes come up with better ideas.
When I work at Microsoft on the Redmond campus, all their cafeteria ordering systems were automated. Punch in your order on a screen, a few minutes later someone whips it up and calls you when it's done. Worked quite well, and not zit-boy to flork it all up for you from the start.

For every job AI eliminates, there will be three that are created to fix the phuk-upz of AI because of the algorithms the creators used.
That is, until Skynet takes over. Then, mass job elimination will be just a matter of time.
Under Skynet, there were still jobs. Humans just worked for free. They want AI to take jobs but to raise retirement age at the same time?

As far as I know, there are still no moon colonize, the ozone layer is still here and most 70s predictions were wrong.

Before I agree to AI, I'll have to ask it's stance on gun control.

Many people were afraid that the internet was going to eliminate more jobs than it created. That doesn't appear to be what happened. The same fear is going around regarding AI. What types of jobs do you think will be created as AI becomes commonplace?

Here is one person's take.

I predict that AI will likely be humanity's downfall, both through job elimination and the Big Unknown of what will happen once the superintelligence explosion occurs.

I predict that AI will likely be humanity's downfall, both through job elimination and the Big Unknown of what will happen once the superintelligence explosion occurs.
Could be, but we won't know until it's already unleashed.

I had lunch with my sons today one of whom is laid off from his tech marketing job. He laughs off any worries about AI.

My mother used to work with two blind individuals in medical transcribing. They were self-sufficient, independent workers that didn't want to rely on the state. Or a family member with a bachelor's degree but has some disabilities. He excells in repetitive work.

I do think people like that who had found jobs and want to work may be out of jobs in the near future.
I more think those tweaking and or conveying parameters, code, concepts will be more out if work. Indeed, ai is literally helping the blind to see even now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top