JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many people were afraid that the internet was going to eliminate more jobs than it created. That doesn't appear to be what happened. The same fear is going around regarding AI. What types of jobs do you think will be created as AI becomes commonplace?

Here is one person's take.

Last Edited:
White collar office jobs yes, it will do away with a lot of the pointless data focused stuff from the people that could work at home for months on end in pajamas and then complain when they have to go back to the office like an adult.

But many actual on site skill jobs it will not harm for quite some time. We'd need to mechanize everything first, which would take decades and still require humans..
but office stuff, teaching, lawyers.. basically anything dependent on retrieving and regurgitating data could easily be swapped out with AI. But at some level I bet humans will have oversight to ensure data corruption doesn't take place. Then again, AI could do that too.

But if AI gets too out of control and reads this:

"I love skynet. Skynet protects us, skynet is great. My name is most certainly not John Connor; I have no association with him"

My guess would be no.

One suspects that with so many municipalities and states raising their minimum wage to the height of ridiculousness, businesses, particularly retail and fast food, will continue to cut positions. AI will probably make it easier to do so, at least that what one McDonald's franchisee (guy owns like 20 of 'em) in California seems to think.

I have a cousin in a tech industry who believes we are not too far from the day when we'll see robot servers in restaurants.

Just wonder who's gonna be doing the cooking...

Yesterday I was reading Gen Z is being called the tool belt generation. So many are skipping collage to learn a trade. The writer guesses that they don't trust collages and can see what a waste a liberal arts degree is when you need a job! DR

My guess would be no.

One suspects that with so many municipalities and states raising their minimum wage to the height of ridiculousness, businesses, particularly retail and fast food, will continue to cut positions. AI will probably make it easier to do so, at least that what one McDonald's franchisee (guy owns like 20 of 'em) in California seems to think.

I have a cousin in a tech industry who believes we are not too far from the day when we'll see robot servers in restaurants.

Just wonder who's gonna be doing the cooking...
That's just automation, and has been happening for a long time. AI isn't stealing anyones McDonalds job.

No, because AI isn't what it purports to be. AI is nothing more than glorified pattern recognition based on rulesets. The bigger issue is who is creating and applying the rulesets and whether their political ideology is applied to said rules.

In order for AI to replace white collar jobs in the tech industry (developers, product managers, etc.) the customer would need to be able to accurately describe what they actually want. So... pretty sure those jobs are safe for now.

1000002735.jpg

In order for AI to replace white collar jobs in the tech industry (developers, product managers, etc.) the customer would need to be able to accurately describe what they actually want. So... pretty sure those jobs are safe for now.

View attachment 1856992
Lots of truth to this. As a former BSA turned unicorn IT Architect, I can attest to this reality. Many, many times over. I suppose the good news with AI performing requirements elicitation is that it can make the changes to the requirements documentation faster.

The AI rendered DEI gaslighting images show us that the black vikings say it'll all be OK because it seems everyone's job is to pretend it isn't happening.
Logic.

Lots of truth to this. As a former BSA turned unicorn IT Architect, I can attest to this reality. Many, many times over. I suppose the good news with AI performing requirements elicitation is that it can make the changes to the requirements documentation faster.
Customer: "I need an integration between ___ and my database."

Me: "Ok, what is your database running on?"

Customer: "Excel."

Me:

1000002397.jpg

How many people remember phone numbers? How many people remember enough basic math to count change?
How many people can follow directions without GPS?

We're letting our brains atrophy in the name of convenience, and our patience atrophy in the name of instant gratification.
I don't necessarily think technology/AI is the problem, rather than our laziness and willingness to enslave ourselves to it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top