JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
The Taliban have pretty well taken it all back except for Kabal. Maybe Taiwan should hire the Taliban to protect them from the Chinese.

Didn't we just the other day hear the Dummy say it was all going to be OK.....
I heard they thought it would take the Taliban 6 months to take it back. Looks like it might be less than 6 weeks. I hope the forces in Kabal put up a better fight but it will be all for not. It will fall sooner or later, probably sooner. It amazes me that such a primitive force can accomplish what they do. I am guessing that it has a lot to do with the fact that their hands are not tied like our soldiers hands are.

88 billion dollars training the Afgan army and they don't survive one month after the pull out. Probably the worst exit strategy in my lifetime.
I watched a video of the British army leader who was in charge of dismantling Camp Bastion. He was taking the Afghan general around the nearly stripped base and showing him what they were leaving for them. Basically some can food, water and weightlifting equipment. I am not sure what we expected but it is sad that the Afghan army is performing so poorly. I guess the only thing the some of the Afghan army was good at, was shooting our service members in the back.

It appears that the UN security forces and our current administration's pull out game is as effective as a teenager with three kids by different girls.

That place is a quagmire of tribalism and corruption. Before we were there they called it the Soviet Vietnam.

Probably training new terrorists right this very minute.

Anyone who was around and old enough to know what was going in in Nam, this is all too familiar. We spent ungodly amounts of money and US lives, only to pull out just ahead of the people we had been fighting. When we first went to this last "war" and it went on for a couple years it became easy to see what was going to happen. All that was a question was how long it would take till we just bailed out and left the sewer to the rats.

: Afghanistan Falling Just A Month After Biden Says It's Unlikely Taliban Will Take Over (Video).

More here: "For the last seven months I've watched Generals engage in twitter fights with people, debate the merits of Critical Race Theory on Capital Hill. It seemed like our generals were more concerned with fighting Tucker Carlson than they were the Taliban."

edit to add
Screen-Shot-2021-08-13-at-12.59.29-PM-600x143.png

iowahawk_eu_taliban_isolation_8-12-21.jpg

I'm sure the government still has control of the heroin export to this country.
It's all about the money.

Look at all the drugs they smuggled back here in the government caskets during Vietnam and the free flow of drugs coming in from Mexico.
Obozo's regime gave the Mexican drug cartels guns probably for drugs and one of them guns killed one of our border patrol agents.

It's a nice world we live in.

Probably would have been better to take our equipment with us. I wonder if we left enough behind to change the balance of power in the region?

Probably would have been better to take our equipment with us. I wonder if we left enough behind to change the balance of power in the region?

Too bad they didn't have self destruct devices or trackers on them. Time for the drone boys to play shoot'em up.

I've been out of touch much of the day.
Is the Dummy still going to send 3000 troops back over there?
Can't imagine how easily that could turn to a feces storm.

How did we get such an idiot in the white house? Add affirmative action ideologues and mediocrities as cabinet heads and heads of government agencies.

I prey the election was in fact stolen rather than being forced to admit the American voter is this stupid.

Because of the outstanding leadership, we snuck out in the middle of the night. Would have made sense to invite the Afghan army in, hand over the keys, share some tea, and stories. Then leave nicely.

Not the story I recall, but it fits,

"American forces left Afghanistan's Bagram Airfield over the weekend without notifying the new commander from the Kabul government — giving looters precious time to swipe anything that was not bolted down, shocking photos show."

I've been out of touch much of the day.
Is the Dummy still going to send 3000 troops back over there?
Can't imagine how easily that could turn to a feces storm.

How did we get such an idiot in the white house? Add affirmative action ideologues and mediocrities as cabinet heads and heads of government agencies.

I prey the election was in fact stolen rather than being forced to admit the American voter is this stupid.
The 3000 are on the way to clear a path for Americans who want out. If the Taliban are smart they will leave them alone. We have 4000 troop more heading to Kuwait as back up. I am sure they have plenty of air assets available too but it could turn into a mess if the Taliban try to mess with them.

We should have never engaged the ME beyond making the place one giant piece of glass after 9/11.

The folks there are tribal nomads. Have been for centuries and will remain that way for centuries.
Any attempt to install democracy or any other form of government other than tribalism will be met with opposition, violence, bloodshed, and mayhem.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads