JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The "down under" or any other country never had a right to own firearms like we do. The amendments are our rights and will never change. We will never loose or 2A rights just like we will never loose any other of our rights. Modify? Perhaps, but we won't loose them or have a gun confiscation. To do so would mean complete society downfall.

Back on topic to the op: if it were me I would wait. This frenzy will be over soon enough and you should be able to pick one up at a decent price.

What he said.

After the 1994 AWB the anti-gunner Dems on capitol hill got their collective a$$e$ handed to them. For 12 years after, the repubs owned congress (more or less). I don't think they are looking for a repeat in history. In 2004 they let the AWB expire with little fanfare.

They will talk about a new AWB until blue (for fund-raising purposes), but I foresee little or no action. We, as a country, are more pro 2A now than we have been in a long time. Just look at the reason for this thread.

Last Edited:
The Salem show was sure a bust today... Not much of anything but knives.

But while we were there, there were at least two attendees trying to sell AR's. I'm sure they were over-priced, but then again it's the current market.

To the OP: If I were in your situation and i was last week. I would not wait on a an AR! keep trying to get one as fast as you can. If you have to pay a inflated price then i would recomend that. Maybe not 2000 bucks on a gun that was before last week a 700 dollar one but a few hundred to me wouldnt be bad. I think it will be to late to buy one by the time manufacturers can get caught up with demand... this ban will come fast imo

buy it so you can turn it in. I have a feeling that there will be no Grandfather clause in this bill. It will be like down-under first you get a chance to turn it in then they will come and get it.

There is no way in HE!L they have the man power or the want or the heart to disarm AMERICA.
After the sales that have occurred,who do you know that wants that job?

Sure they have tanks and planes. Yes they have superior weapons.
We still have militia tactics. We have citizens of the US in the armed services that love this country.

we need to talk to our friends and relatives in law enforcement and the military and voice or concerns.

That we don't want to engage them. We just want to remain armed.

These conversation will do much for our cause and not starting a war between the government and it's citizens

Tell your military and LEO friends to stand down.
Keep the original constitution alive.

To the OP: If I were in your situation and i was last week. I would not wait on a an AR! keep trying to get one as fast as you can. If you have to pay a inflated price then i would recomend that. Maybe not 2000 bucks on a gun that was before last week a 700 dollar one but a few hundred to me wouldnt be bad. I think it will be to late to buy one by the time manufacturers can get caught up with demand... this ban will come fast imo

Same song, different dance. You know how many times I've seen this bad advice given? It seems this was what the majority of posts were like in late 08/early 09. We all seen how that scare turned out....

But I will say it was pleasureable seeing the people that bought $1500 ARs try to recoup after they lost their a$$. I'm sure I'll get the same pleasure this time around also.

WOW and I thought it was CORPORATE greed driving our society down its ppl that post there stuff for such gouged prices that are the problem and next week they will probably whine bout gas price gouging. And the ppl that pay these prices are no better. Why all of a sudden you wanna feed into this craze? If you have that kinda cash to spend on one why didnt you buy it before?

Sucks for me cause I been looking into get one a few weeks ago and now this $hit storm happens and its totally out of reach for me thanks to greedy @$$ ppl that are going out buying everything up hoping to turn a huge profit in a few months. I hope all that did that crap burn in L not those that use them for personal use of course but those greedy ppl that just want to drive up prices to unfathomable levels. They obviously dont care bout there fellow Americans.

I am gonna roll over laughing when this blows over. Seems like all O'Bummer has to do is hint at gun control and gun sales sky rocket. Yes, I know THIS time he did much more than drop a "hint" but still this time it has gone to the extreme. It will be interesting to find out if its all a set up to get more "economic growth" everyone buying up everything in sight. I would love it if nothing passes and these ppl are stuck with little to no profit. heck it would be real nice if it helps 'flood' the market and lower the prices for poor ppl like me. But who knows i am just along for the ride and hope it dont lead to a ban so far it seems like a bunch of speculation. From one extreme to the other so who really knows what the future holds for us and our rights.....

Tell you what. If you don't have an AR now you probably won't miss one in the future.
It's a fast 22. There are lots of fast 22s out there to buy,depending on what hunting you do.It WAS cheap to shoot but that's changing now.
As far as a defense weapon? There's better. Why else would all the manufacturers be testing the market with new calibers?
But a shot gun is better for home defense and hunting both!
Heck get a lever gun or a bolt gun and get proficient with it. I have talked to lots of folks older than me (39 I believe,last 10 BDs or so) that have never had one
And are still alive!
An AR isn't the most important part of my arsenal.

WOW and I thought it was CORPORATE greed driving our society down its ppl that post there stuff for such gouged prices that are the problem and next week they will probably whine bout gas price gouging. And the ppl that pay these prices are no better. Why all of a sudden you wanna feed into this craze? If you have that kinda cash to spend on one why didnt you buy it before?

Sucks for me cause I been looking into get one a few weeks ago and now this $hit storm happens and its totally out of reach for me thanks to greedy @$$ ppl that are going out buying everything up hoping to turn a huge profit in a few months. I hope all that did that crap burn in L not those that use them for personal use of course but those greedy ppl that just want to drive up prices to unfathomable levels. They obviously dont care bout there fellow Americans.

I am gonna roll over laughing when this blows over. Seems like all O'Bummer has to do is hint at gun control and gun sales sky rocket. Yes, I know THIS time he did much more than drop a "hint" but still this time it has gone to the extreme. It will be interesting to find out if its all a set up to get more "economic growth" everyone buying up everything in sight. I would love it if nothing passes and these ppl are stuck with little to no profit. heck it would be real nice if it helps 'flood' the market and lower the prices for poor ppl like me. But who knows i am just along for the ride and hope it dont lead to a ban so far it seems like a bunch of speculation. From one extreme to the other so who really knows what the future holds for us and our rights.....

I agree completely. I can't believe all of the jerks posting 4k ar's right now. They have created an artificial shortage, driving the prices up. I have what i need, but it just says a lot about them.

On a side note, many of these people bought nib rifles to resale. Isn't that a big no no?

There is guys putting these things on their cards and will,eventually, have to pay that bill.
And when they don't sell all the put on credit or the car breaks down,the prices will go down.

Tell you what. If you don't have an AR now you probably won't miss one in the future.
It's a fast 22. There are lots of fast 22s out there to buy,depending on what hunting you do.It WAS cheap to shoot but that's changing now.
As far as a defense weapon? There's better. Why else would all the manufacturers be testing the market with new calibers?
But a shot gun is better for home defense and hunting both!
Heck get a lever gun or a bolt gun and get proficient with it.

One of the AR's chief benefits is its customizability. Other than perhaps the 10/22, I'm not sure there is any gun that has the enormous range of add-ons, third-party mods, and bolt-ons. Real gunsmithing requires a lot of tools and skill. But anyone can buy some parts and tinker with their AR or build the exact combo they want.

I agree that it's hardly essential - and frankly I think it's a middlin' caliber and a questionable design as a battle rifle - but it does have a unique place in the market just by virtue of its wide support.

One can also make the argument that if we were plunged into some kind of post-apocalyptic world, the AR is going to be one of the most common rifles in North America. I miss 1980s survivalists :)

Went to the gun range-gun shop yesterday and the AR's they sell are all on the wall on a peg board, or at least they used to be. The wall had one lone tactical shotgun on it.
The case that has used handguns had about 3 left. Generally the new gun cases had a good selection remaining.
The shop part of the range was very busy, but only myself and 3 other people were shooting. Been saving up for a new safe, and I finally ordered it. Bad timing. As soon as the safe is paid for I will attempt to by at least one more gun. A shotgun, it is the only thing I have never owned and I have just about everything else I have ever dreamed of owning, so even though you can never have enough guns and ammo, I have to call it good and continue to save for retirement.

Woodburn PD would not be down with confiscation. Just had late morning coffee with several of them at Safeway this morning. I believe the vast, vast (yes that's TWO vasts) majority of the Woodburn PD would be on "our side".

I think you would find the vast majority of law enforcement anywhere would be against confiscation. At least I know I am and all of the other law enforcement officers I have spoken with are. In fact, I can't think of one I have spoken to who has told me that they would be willing to keep their job and start running around taking people's guns away from them. I don't see an all out ban happening, though. I think that the worst case scenario is the the AWB that sunset in 2004 goes back into effect...although, I don't think that will even happen. I think either nothing will happen or we will see a high capacity magazine ban and go back to 10 round limits on mags.

6-8 months from now might actually be the best time to buy an AR.

When an AWB doesn't instantly materialize (and it won't, because of the GOP-controlled House), it's going to be a buyer's market.

By the end of summer 2013, I'm betting someone with an overdue CC bill will be looking to unload their NIB AR and PMAGs.

6-8 months from now might actually be the best time to buy an AR.

When an AWB doesn't instantly materialize (and it won't, because of the GOP-controlled House), it's going to be a buyer's market.

By the end of summer 2013, I'm betting someone with an overdue CC bill will be looking to unload their NIB AR and PMAGs.

I have grown very uneasy when it comes to counting on the GOP to do anything but cave in with even the smallest of political fights.
Once again, I hope we can count on them to protect the second amendment, but I am really nervous about it. Not to mention a president that
writes executive orders until his hand is sore from writing.

I went to Cabellas on Friday and they said that they were going to continue to sell ARs as they show up. No waiting list you just have to be persistent. My local dealers tell me they take care of their regulars first but are still selling to walk-ins. Price increases are up to the suppliers. The last gun ban Oly Arms over doubled their prices. I know because I had an FFL. Have not purchased anything Oly Arms since. By the way ,boycott Dick's. They wet their pants and crawled under the bushes the first sign of a fight. Don't get me wrong, as the father of 3, i feel horrible about what those poor parents and family members have and will go through, but until our wonderful government can actually do something about crime they're not going to pull my teeth or claws.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top