JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I got this old rifle from WW2, it doesn't have any serial number. It's a Arisaka 7.7. Can I just freedom sell this baby? It's not in my name, I don't think it's in anybodys name.

If I advise you to just freedom sell if can I call dibs?

Legally speaking it needs to go through an FFL regardless of serial number. If it is old enough this can be a C&R license, but absent that it will still need a regular old FFL. They will likely just list make and model on the 4473, along with any other identifying marks and call it good, but there are places that will insist a serial number be engraved (which could impact collectable value).

There is no law on the books that mandates a serial number be added in Oregon that I am aware of, so if you do find a place like this I would advise you shop around more. I do not remember if 114 had this provision (it does a whole lot more than just mag bans), but it might be wise to sell it before the appeal starts up just to avoid any complications if that is the case.

If I advise you to just freedom sell if can I call dibs?

Legally speaking it needs to go through an FFL regardless of serial number. If it is old enough this can be a C&R license, but absent that it will still need a regular old FFL. They will likely just list make and model on the 4473, along with any other identifying marks and call it good, but there are places that will insist a serial number be engraved (which could impact collectable value).

There is no law on the books that mandates a serial number be added in Oregon that I am aware of, so if you do find a place like this I would advise you shop around more. I do not remember if 114 had this provision (it does a whole lot more than just mag bans), but it might be wise to sell it before the appeal starts up just to avoid any complications if that is the case.
I'll say what I have to to "abide by rules of a platform". But according to the constitution there's only one rule, The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. PM me if you want more info

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR