JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@arakboss I know you've discussed credit card problems in the past, but isn't that the simple fix here?? Charge the pile on a card, pay off half of it the first month as you would your layaway scheme, then pay off the second half with interest the second month. The interest, while a high percentage, won't be much dollars-wise, less than a couple of background checks. Deal is done, no worries, no hassles for you or the seller.

@arakboss I know you've discussed credit card problems in the past, but isn't that the simple fix here?? Charge the pile on a card, pay off half of it the first month as you would your layaway scheme, then pay off the second half with interest the second month. The interest, while a high percentage, won't be much dollars-wise, less than a couple of background checks. Deal is done, no worries, no hassles for you or the seller.
That would be a simpler fix but then you have to accept having a multple sales form filled out by FFL and risk attracting unnecessary attention from Feds. Using credit card for private party sales would also complicate things a bit. I looked over the selection at Tigard Pawn today and they didn't really have much I was interested in. Their prices did seem high too.

I just placed this ad and I will see what type of response I get.

I just noticed that other thread too. That's an interesting concept! I kinda wonder though how well it meshes with getting a good deal on a firearm though.

Kinda like... give me your rock bottom price and take the risk I'll follow through with the money for the rest at a later time. It locks them into having to sit around at the buyers leisure to make good on it without much recourse.

I guess they could sell the upper by itself and maybe get more overall, but the risk, time and possibly of having to try and unload a slide in hopes that another buyers slide needs replacing(?)

If it's an 80% compatible slide, that's dandy, but if it's not... it could be incredibly hard to unload as an incomplete.

What's the incentive for the seller to assume the risk? It seems the most upfront incentive would be to get more for their firearm than they orgininally might have. That's not in line with rock bottom pricing though.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. A seller might have other motivations than just money and jump at any opportunity to unload.

Never hurts to throw it out there and see if that dog will hunt... hu!! Very creative thinking!! :s0155:

I just noticed that other thread too. That's an interesting concept! I kinda wonder though how well it meshes with getting a good deal on a firearm though.

Kinda like... give me your rock bottom price and take the risk I'll follow through with the money for the rest at a later time. It locks them into having to sit around at the buyers leisure to make good on it without much recourse.

I guess they could sell the upper by itself and maybe get more overall, but the risk, time and possibly of having to try and unload a slide in hopes that another buyers slide needs replacing(?)

If it's an 80% compatible slide, that's dandy, but if it's not... it could be incredibly hard to unload as an incomplete.

What's the incentive for the seller to assume the risk? It seems the most upfront incentive would be to get more for their firearm than they orgininally might have. That's not in line with rock bottom pricing though.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. A seller might have other motivations than just money and jump at any opportunity to unload.

Never hurts to throw it out there and see if that dog will hunt... hu!! Very creative thinking!! :s0155:
In a normal environment it would not be an ideal option. Any sellers sitting on firearms and 11+ cap mags after Dec 8th are going to be faced with far fewer local sale options. My feedback rating should assuage any fears sellers might have of me not following through on purchase of upper parts. We are only days away from options being severly curtailed. I encourage both buyers and sellers to get your deals done now or plan on dealing with out of state buyers or selling from your trunk at Burger King.

I managed to buy three frames and also purchased three slide assemblies. I got a couple of Girsans and a SAR CM9. The price was fair (especially considering the times). I paid for the frames and I paid for the slides and accessories on the same day. I didn't see any more deals coming down the pike and with most of the FFLs halting private transfers, I figured I might as will be done with it. The FFL gave me a free ride on the transfer fees and said I should be able to pick them up mid week.

I am feeling pretty good as the Dec 8th deadline approaches.

I managed to buy three frames and also purchased three slide assemblies. I got a couple of Girsans and a SAR CM9. The price was fair (especially considering the times). I paid for the frames and I paid for the slides and accessories on the same day. I didn't see any more deals coming down the pike and with most of the FFLs halting private transfers, I figured I might as will be done with it. The FFL gave me a free ride on the transfer fees and said I should be able to pick them up mid week.

I am feeling pretty good as the Dec 8th deadline approaches.
I feel pretty good too! The injunction will be in place by the 7th and the knee jerk buyers remorse/"I forgot I need money for Christmas" deals will be hitting the classifieds.:s0140:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~Einstein

I feel pretty good too! The injunction will be in place by the 7th and the knee jerk buyers remorse/"I forgot I need money for Christmas" deals will be hitting the classifieds.:s0140:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~Einstein
I have thought about that and decided I would rather have buyers remorse of buying to many firearms rather than not enough. I believe an injunction is more likely than not but not necessarily guaranteed. Hope it does happen though.

Last Edited:
I had another seller who sold me a frame and mags. He is also going to sell me a complete slide and ammo later this month.

I have one last 4473 to do today for revolver purchase and I am going to ask the FFL if he feels it legal to separate one of his shops pistols and sell me the frame and mags only. If so I might be adding a frame to that 4473.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top