JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Negligence. Why would you be in a bar, armed? Leave it at home. Simple
it doesn't matter where you are if you negligently shoot someone.

There are lots of reasons you might go to a bar armed, like the same exact reasons you might go armed anywhere else... Nobody here is saying you should be drinking too, we've talked about this here already lots of people go to bars and don't drink, like designated drivers.

I hardly drink anymore, but go to bars frequently to meet with friends. They do have things to drink other than alcohol. Crazy, I know. And yes, I'm usually carrying.
If I'm planning on drinking, then it's left at home or in the car depending on the situation.

I hardly drink anymore, but go to bars frequently to meet with friends. They do have things to drink other than alcohol. Crazy, I know. And yes, I'm usually carrying.
If I'm planning on drinking, then it's left at home or in the car depending on the situation.
bingo. When gun owners who feel carry in bars should be illegal, the only people it will affect is law abiding citizens... you would think we would have learned that by now. We don't need any more "gun free" zones.

good point, sorry if I misunderstood anything.
No worries. I'm about as pro second amendment as you can get. However, I do think that people should use better common sense than what they do. Open carry for instance, it is legal in Oregon, but to what end? It only gives the grabbers more ammo when something bad happens. The point of carrying a firearm is to protect yourself or your family. There is no "good" reason to advertise to the whole place that you are armed. I carry every day. I've never had to use it, and no one knows I have one. That is the point. My .02

While it was sorta mentioned, a "no firearms" sign in Oregon does not have the law behind it. If you are asked to leave any business for any reason and you decline, you can be arrested for "criminal Trespass.

I'd also like to see the statute that says your CHL will be revoked for marijuana use. The Feds say you can't buy firearms if you have a Medical Marijuana card, but that's not State Level, and it's the State that issues your CHL. I'm not supporting anything except the clarification of the law.

(edit: cuz I'm my own "Grammer Nazi")

Last Edited:
No worries. I'm about as pro second amendment as you can get. However, I do think that people should use better common sense than what they do. Open carry for instance, it is legal in Oregon, but to what end? It only gives the grabbers more ammo when something bad happens. The point of carrying a firearm is to protect yourself or your family. There is no "good" reason to advertise to the whole place that you are armed. I carry every day. I've never had to use it, and no one knows I have one. That is the point. My .02

The other way to look at it is why would I want to carry a firearm concealed? I have a CPL but I really only do that because I want to keep one in my glove box. When I'm carrying I usually carry open or so sloppily concealed that any idiot could tell I was carrying. Its legal, I have nothing to be a shamed of and no one has ever said anything to me about a gun on my hip ever since the late 80's. If someone who wants to commit a crime sees me carrying he's probably going to think twice about it. Its more a deterrent than anything else. You and I will go our entire lives without having to use our concealed or unconcealed guns.

I see no "good reason" to carry concealed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top