JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My understanding is if there is no "no Weapons/firearms allowed" sign posted outside or inside you are good to go. Same goes for reciprocating states. Ultimately what I have come to in a few years of trying to be a responsible CCW is alcohol consumption and a firearm discharge is a bad combination. Placing yourself in an environment that can lead to you feeling your life is threatened and staying long enough to prove it is equally as bad.

Private business's can make any rules they want. I have asked multiple LEO's and the ruling I get is that if you are properly licensed for CCW, then you are good to go in public settings, not Federal though. Concealed means just that. In our rural area, there are very few private places that have signs like that, and I would not go there anyway.

We attended a friends 60th birthday party at a local tavern last week, and in that crowd of 50 people there was at least 5 CCW's I knew of, 2 of them female. None of us was over consuming by any means since I got over that about 30 years ago.

Private business's can make any rules they want. I have asked multiple LEO's and the ruling I get is that if you are properly licensed for CCW, then you are good to go in public settings, not Federal though. Concealed means just that. In our rural area, there are very few private places that have signs like that, and I would not go there anyway.
:s0101:
All they can do is ask you to leave.

According to my CHL instructor yes, also simply puts it - DON'T.

I agree.

Alcohol & firearms don't mix.

Alcohol gets folks all kinds of riled up, don't put yourself in that situation.

He's testifying in a case where a CHL holder who wasn't drinking shot someone in the parking lot. Other patrons claimed that he was drinking as much as his buddies...

Either leave it at home, or don't go.

According to my CHL instructor yes, also simply puts it - DON'T.

I agree.

Alcohol & firearms don't mix.

Alcohol gets folks all kinds of riled up, don't put yourself in that situation.

He's testifying in a case where a CHL holder who wasn't drinking shot someone in the parking lot. Other patrons claimed that he was drinking as much as his buddies...

Either leave it at home, or don't go.

If he was accused of drinking, PD should've administered a sobriety test, done a blood draw, etc. I'm also sure that the cops on scene and anyone who talked to the shooter would be able to tell if he had been drinking - so this sounds like either a malicious, reaching prosecutor, or a civil attorney playing the angles to get cash.

If he was accused of drinking, PD should've administered a sobriety test, done a blood draw, etc. I'm also sure that the cops on scene and anyone who talked to the shooter would be able to tell if he had been drinking - so this sounds like either a malicious, reaching prosecutor, or a civil attorney playing the angles to get cash.

I agree with your post in its entirety, but also stand by my previous "leave it at home, or don't go".

I figure having a CHL comes with a bunch of responsibility. I'm going to have to think on a bit more where I go, and where I don't. Everyone is going to have to make there own decisions, and act accordingly.

Regarding places NOT to carry, add cannabis dispensaries. Medical or recreational. That is actually a federal NO-NO.
That's the first time I've heard that and would like to know a little more. I was under the impression there was no way for them to address firearms law in a legal setting they don't recognize. And unlike alcohol, you can't use marijuana in a public setting.

Ultimately, you would be carrying a firearm into a place where federally illegal drug transactions are taking place. Again, it's with the Feds that it's taboo.

When it comes to cannabis, the alphabet agencies, and the financial world, The Cole Memo is THE controlling document. In it there is a list of priorities for the federal agencies, one of which is "preventing the use of firearms and violence in the cultivation and distribution of marijuana."
It has been taken to mean there are no firearms allowed. Period. It is serious enough that there are NO firearms in dispensaries at all. The owners and employees are not allowed to have ANY firearms on premise. There is NO armed security at dispensaries either, as screwed up as that is.
Security companies protecting product transports won't even be in the same vehicle as the cannabis. They are doing convoys with heavily armed lead and chase vehicles.
The cannabis industry is so new that the owners are being very cautious when it comes to the laws and regulations no matter how grey they may appear.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top